What you've done today, tomorrow and yesterday

Amentep

It's a grey day here in the Prairies and waiting for the t-storms to roll through ... so it's either a PoE II day or get caught up on reading ... 

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

I can't even begin to express the unadultered joy of the IT crew of my workplace. We're running **** through a 2 year old version of Chrome and Internet exploder. Not Edge, no, that's way to modern and good. Can't have that.

Does anyone here know if there is a timestamp shortcut for the Sharepoint excel version? CTRL+; doesn't work anymore -.-

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Tropical Storm Cristobal is over me today. What's left of it anyway. Brother it is rainnnnnnning! Good day to work from home.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

7 hours ago, Guard Dog said:

Tropical Storm Cristobal is over me today. What's left of it anyway. Brother it is rainnnnnnning! Good day to work from home.

^ I keep staring at that and wondering what weather person thought it would be cute to misspell Crystal Ball. At least, that's what it seems like to me.  ;)

Body pillow is great and all but lately I need more daily mid-upper back support so backpack-like back-brace it is.  Bought 3 different ones. The one with no upper-waist/ribcage belt is useless, I don't think it would even help shoulder slump much. One was too large with back rib pieces too long (and it's too small for hubby, so also useless).  The 3rd was just right for me.  I could even sleep in it. Will help back stay in better position while exercising/stretching too.  Feels much better for sitting/doesn't hurt. Yay, more relief.

Only good thing about getting old is I have (some) money.  The rest of it all sucks.  :p

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Today I am proud I still remember the lyrics to DMX's Party Up

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

6 hours ago, Skazz said:

Did X give them to you?

Well, he spoke them to me so....yes. :P

• Haha 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

We adopted two calico kittens yesterday and they are lil rascals! Already playing and chasing each other around the house and Ive had to institute countermeasures to keep them from gnawing the mouse and power cord cables of my laptop. :lol: Also became litter box trained in one day, which is something I really appreciate about cats in general. Just drop them in the litter box and...BOOM...they are trained. I humored myself by making a "cat trap" (empty cardboard box) and theyre both in it right now wrastling with each other. Its freaking adorable.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

If I was not already on some FBI/ATF watch list I'll bet I am now. I have ordered a hell of a lot of black powder, wadding, projectiles, sabot, and regular ammunition lately. But the latter is probably not so worrisome to Big Brother because they are in calibers that do not have automatic weapons. 

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

They've removed one of the best episodes of Fawlty towers from UKTV and I realized that I don't have to care, I'm watching the DVD's tonight!

• Haha 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

2 minutes ago, Azdeus said:

They've removed one of the best episodes of Fawlty towers from UKTV and I realized that I don't have to care, I'm watching the DVD's tonight!

DVD's might become the only surviving copies of politically incorrect humor

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

34 minutes ago, Skazz said:

Wait, which one? And why?

Should really pull them all, ****ing terrible show.  But https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-53020335

Sort of ridiculous to change it, is always good to remember how racist the UK was.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Malcador said:

Should really pull them all, ****ing terrible show.  But https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-53020335

Sort of ridiculous to change it, is always good to remember how racist the UK was.

Cheers. I see it's the "Don't mention the war" episode, aka the one that somehow seems to be the most remembered episode among Poles.

Also, um, this may be a bad time to make such confessions, but I like Fawlty Towers.

Don't be, I'm proud to say I love that show! =P

• Like 1

Watching Bettany Hughes' documentaries on Youtube instead of working. Some thirsty people in the comments there, too.

I've been running all over the east coast and midwest the past week and a half doing heavy miles, just how I like it. I shut down just south of Nashville today, did some squats, took a nice long walk, and found a sushi place near the truck stop. My delivery isn't until tomorrow afternoon and they won't take me early. I don't usually drink while on the road, but I ain't going anywhere for about 24 hours, so I'm gonna have a beer. I earned it.

Beer & sushi #LivingTheDream

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 4

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I went to what used to be my favourite burger place and discovered they've changed owners. Didn't discover they changed owners until after I ordered though, they no longer chuck for their ground beef, and they don't know how to fry fries.

I'm miserable right now. 😭

• Sad 3

It's a Zoom day ... with about 45 minutes not in a digital environment! In the interim, doing some OBS announcements about Grounded and behind the scenes board stuff on a grey, rainy Canadian prairie day ...

• Like 2

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

Watched some EPL football....with some fake crowd noises piped in on the broadcast.

3 hours ago, Malcador said:

Watched some EPL football....with some fake crowd noises piped in on the broadcast.

That must be like watching old sitcoms with canned laughter 🤔

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

3 hours ago, Malcador said:

Probably from the latest FIFA game. I wonder if football leagues would need to pay royalties to EA for that... or to FIFA. Or both?

• Haha 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Look at the bright side, they could have added vuvuzela sounds

• Haha 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Today I found out that I have B-cup breasts, so that's nice.

• Haha 2