What you've done today, tomorrow and yesterday

Amentep

4 hours ago, Skazz said:

So he isn't Avery Brooks?

Of course he's Avery Brooks. Shady looked like him in my dream with the Meth dealers. ;)

Anyway, whenever people on a message board share their actual pictures I ususally end up bein weirded out by them not looking like their avatars. It would be quite a let down if Fio wasn't a real dragon for instane. Heh.

• Like 3

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

https://www.reiki-for-holistic-health.com/reiki-healing-with-crystals.html

Sup All, has anyone ever had a Reiki session before and what did you think about it? One of our family friends has started providing this therapy  and my stepmom did it last week and she felt very relaxed and better afterwards....less anxiety that she suffers from generally about things like crime which has been exacerbated  by the virus and the lock-down 

Anyway all the guys in my family reject this type of thing as absolute nonsense as they basically only believe in science and proven facts. I know nothing about it in the sense I have no idea if it can be beneficial or helpful to reduce stress or other things it can help with. I have session arranged tomorrow with our family friend at 5 pm,  I did explain to her I have no known unexplained  stress, apart from lock-down frustration,  or things I can specifically say  are underlying problems but I am still interested in how it may make me feel

So any feedback will be appreciated 🔮

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

So I went to see an orthopedist who specializes in feet and ankles yesterday, and he managed to get my toe back into socket, and have it stay there.  So, no surgery for me, thankfully.  Have to keep my toes taped and see him in 3 weeks or so.  The pain is mostly gone at this point, though I still can't walk properly on that foot.

So things are going as well as can be expected, thankfully.

• Like 4

On our weekly call they ae discussing a study to eliminate our office at Ft. Pillow and make us all virtual. It turns out there has been an improvement in productivity since the office closed. Small wonder. Most of these guys just chit-chat all day long. 

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I hate working from home. But if everyone else does, then that's good for me. My company can't wait to cut the real estate spending, they wanted to move us to hotelling last year.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

It was always a fantasy of mine to work from home but now that I am its a mixed bag. Its super awesome to not commute, but I dont have access to all my "tools". I can lounge about in comfort, but Im tired of staring at "these four walls". Weather permitting I go for a nice long walk every day for a little exercise and a change of scenery. 

Did the yard stuff and tried to get the sprinklers up and running but one of the pipes burst. While I was edging up the yard I came across a dead little snake and I dropped to my knees and screamed NOOOOO!!! Which scared the crap out of everyone.

Anyways, this is for you little son of snek

• Sad 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

Realized on my office "social" Teams meeting that I have some boring coworkers.  All these guys ever talk about is what they're drinking and Netflix shows :lol:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I picked about a half a bucket full of strawberries in the garden. I've got sugar, water, lemon juice and 3 glass mason jars out. Time to make preserves

• Like 5

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Lately I've done a whole lot of nothing, meaning a lot more nothing than my usual nothing, which equals a cosmic level of nothing that could make even the number zero shake its head (if it had one) at the level of nothingness. Mostly I'm just "blah."  :D

it is nice weather these days tho!  Sitting by a river under a tree (fishing pole or not) sounds pretty good right now.  Just not much of that sort of thing anywhere close nearby, for me, sadly.  Weeks like this I miss having a small swimming pool in the backyard. Maybe I should get a large kiddie pool and make like Al Bundy.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

i'm so unbearably bored these days... i mean i'm always bored but with this quarantine it's gotten so much worse

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

@Gfted1 you have inspired me. Today I'm walking down to the river to go fishing. Maybe I'll find some grubs, nightcrawlers, or crickets along the way to use for bait. If not the good ol' beetle spin never fails.  Well... sometimes it does. 

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

Gah, my fishing license expired 31 Mar! A neighbor tells me I can renew it online and just print it out here so I have to check that out, otherwise I need to go back to Walmart. I use a small (6') cast net to catch minnows for bait. Failing that Ill go to the gas station and buy a cup of nighcrawlers.

• Like 1

I went to Kroger and the Covington package store today. It's only the second time I've left home in six weeks. Other than on foot that is. Kroger was fully stocked and not crowded I'm please to say. Not that I needed much. The liquor store was the opposite. The best bourbon they had was Maker's Mark. It's OK, I guess. I made a pitcher of whiskey sour using that, lemon juice, corn syrup, and grenadine. You are supposed to garnish that s--t with orange peel  or lemon wedges. But I'm the only one here. Who the f--k am I trying to impress? I'm sitting on the porch smoking a full rack of beef ribs and power drinking.  

Some days you just need to get trashed.

• Like 3

Thomas Sowell

May the Fourth be with you :)

• Like 3

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

14 hours ago, Azdeus said:

May the Fourth be with you :)

Soon, the Revenge of the Fifth.

• Thanks 1

Cut my own hair first time, these Oster razors eat hair like nothing.  Basically look like some bootcamp barber had his run of my hair but at least it aids in heat dispersal and I no longer feel my 'fro tickle my ears.

Im in the same boat. I was already a few weeks overdue for a haircut when the lockdown started and the ensuing 7 week (and counting) have not been kind. My hair grows like a weed and  doesnt lay down, it just keeps getting bigger. My head shape is starting to resemble a dandelion. :lol:

2 hours ago, Gfted1 said:

Im in the same boat. I was already a few weeks overdue for a haircut when the lockdown started and the ensuing 7 week (and counting) have not been kind. My hair grows like a weed and  doesnt lay down, it just keeps getting bigger. My head shape is starting to resemble a dandelion. :lol:

Get a clipper, embrace the bald side. It's going to happen anyways, search your feelings, you know it to be true.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif