What you've done today, tomorrow and yesterday

Amentep

Work is allowing us expenses for a monitor and other WFH supplies.  Feel like getting a new monitor, even if 16:10 means it'll be rare, I think.  Then again, my laptop has one HDMI port, so would need a docking station or something to use 2 monitors.

Ah, right, forgot display ports exist, have one.  So, hm, could be worth it.

Edited by Malcador
  • Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

considering I am unemployed I decided I will go on overnight trip with friend for fishing last  2 days, here are some highlights

arrival:

trip5.thumb.jpg.b9e50baf037049edfef7dcbdd204c677.jpg

overnight catch (this is my friend):

trip4.thumb.jpg.d8d728cf4c46cf001bd0d99008a4012b.jpg

morning:

trip3.thumb.jpg.9c1316ce75fa1bbf93fee86c5ae62400.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

2 hours ago, BruceVC said:

Goats make excellent milk and cheese and if you dont like them they delicious and healthy to eat 

https://draxe.com/nutrition/goat-milk/

That was the idea. That was also why I got the chickens. Now they all have names and follow me around and I wouldn't harm a feather on them even if I was starving. But I will take the eggs though. Clearly I'm not much good at this farming thing. I get too attached to the livestock.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

11 hours ago, Guard Dog said:

That was the idea. That was also why I got the chickens. Now they all have names and follow me around and I wouldn't harm a feather on them even if I was starving. But I will take the eggs though. Clearly I'm not much good at this farming thing. I get too attached to the livestock.

https://www.britannica.com/topic/Charlottes-Web

This reminds me of the famous childrens story " Charlottes Web " 

Basically a young girl develops a love for a piglet and  persuades her farming family not to slaughter it for meat  but then as the piglet gets older it naturally becomes a legitimate target for food .....but then a spider saves its life by writing words in its web to create the impression the pig is I suppose divine or special

Its a good story because the pig survives being killed🐖

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

15 hours ago, Guard Dog said:

You're a good man and I love what you're doing 👍

7 hours ago, BruceVC said:

https://www.britannica.com/topic/Charlottes-Web

This reminds me of the famous childrens story " Charlottes Web " 

Basically a young girl develops a love for a piglet and  persuades her farming family not to slaughter it for meat  but then as the piglet gets older it naturally becomes a legitimate target for food .....but then a spider saves its life by writing words in its web to create the impression the pig is I suppose divine or special

Its a good story because the pig survives being killed🐖

Well, Wilbur was Some Pig!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

3 hours ago, Skazz said:

You're a good man and I love what you're doing 👍

:lol: Yet I have no qualms at all about hunting or fishing. Go figure. 

Thomas Sowell

I'm getting paid more unemployed than I was when I was employed.  Both the federal and state governments have pumped a significant sum into my bank account.  Which is strange because I'm not your typical American who like to spend lavishly.

So when my job called me up and said we're going back on May 4th, I was kinda like "Eh, I'm kinda comfortable right now but OK whatevs".

I just feel bad because there's probably way more deserving people out there who could use the boost and probably don't get it.

Today is my daughter's 13th birthday. We live next to a parking lot, and it has been completely empty during the pandemic, so I ordered a 120 inch fabric screen for about $30. Then I put a raised frame up on the back fence, and people drove up to watch a movie that we played with a projector and a speaker system. It turned out pretty well! Drive-In Movies are coming abck in style.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Hurlshot said:

Today is my daughter's 13th birthday. We live next to a parking lot, and it has been completely empty during the pandemic, so I ordered a 120 inch fabric screen for about $30. Then I put a raised frame up on the back fence, and people drove up to watch a movie that we played with a projector and a speaker system. It turned out pretty well! Drive-In Movies are coming abck in style.

Congratulations...in three years you will wish you could quarantine your daughter. Good Luck!

• Haha 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I fell coming down the stairs in the dark around 4 AM yesterday (I thought I was at the bottom of the stairs and I wasn't) and dislocated my second toe on my left foot.  So, that was fun.  I'm supposed to wear a walking boot, but because of the virus, the medical supply store was closed on Saturdays (it's usually open until 1), so I have to wait until Monday to get the boot, so I'm painfully hobbling around (and given that all my stuff including my computer is on the second floor and the kitchen is on the first floor, I'm climbing up and down stairs at least twice a day.)

Fortunately, I had someone to take me to the urgent care (which didn't open until 8), because there's no way I'd have been willing to drive myself (I almost passed out a couple minutes after I fell.)  Still, they'd only allow one person in the urgent care at a time, and given that medical professionals/facilities cause me extreme anxiety (to the point where I have a hard time not running away or passing out) that was....difficult.

• Sad 4

1 hour ago, Vaeliorin said:

I fell coming down the stairs in the dark around 4 AM yesterday (I thought I was at the bottom of the stairs and I wasn't) and dislocated my second toe on my left foot.  So, that was fun.  I'm supposed to wear a walking boot, but because of the virus, the medical supply store was closed on Saturdays (it's usually open until 1), so I have to wait until Monday to get the boot, so I'm painfully hobbling around (and given that all my stuff including my computer is on the second floor and the kitchen is on the first floor, I'm climbing up and down stairs at least twice a day.)

Fortunately, I had someone to take me to the urgent care (which didn't open until 8), because there's no way I'd have been willing to drive myself (I almost passed out a couple minutes after I fell.)  Still, they'd only allow one person in the urgent care at a time, and given that medical professionals/facilities cause me extreme anxiety (to the point where I have a hard time not running away or passing out) that was....difficult.

Sounds terrible, especially when hospitals are focusing primarily on Corona cases

My sister broke her foot 4 weeks in the beginning of our lock-down, she didnt realize it was broken and initially just left it thinking the pain would go away. Finally 2 days later she went to the local hospital and after a 6 hour wait due to Corona attention she was helped...she is now wearing a boot and has to just wait for the bones to heal/mend 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I signed up for a membership for scribd today. I didn't want on but they had this cool book with bread recipes I wanted. Since then I've downloaded over 70 books. I'd say it was worth it.

Thomas Sowell

21 hours ago, Hurlshot said:

That's an amazing story to have shared - thanks Hurlshot!

• Thanks 1

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

Today published two blogs. Started to harness some content I have been creating for another social media platform and modified for website. Also we got some spring rain, which is needed and already hints of green are whispering as the sun comes out after the precipitation!

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

Bought a new keyboard and retrieved my Steam VR basestation. Going to train truck drivers at reversing trailers tomorrow xD

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Had a day off so slept in and did nothing.   Sounds a lot like my work days for the past month or so, to be honest..

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra