What you've done today, tomorrow and yesterday

Amentep

3 minutes ago, Azdeus said:

Hehe, if it wasn't for the fact that I have pre-existing health problems and need bimonthly blood samples and yearly checks on my kidneys which would probably ruin me financially, I might've done that ๐Ÿ˜„

Almost every insurance covers checkups, I don't know how bad you think US healthcare is but is not as terrible as people make it out to be.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

ย 

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

12 minutes ago, Orogun01 said:

Almost every insurance covers checkups, I don't know how bad you think US healthcare is but is not as terrible as people make it out to be.

I doubt I would get insurance/afford the rates considering there is a possibility they need to remove my adrenals if **** goes south ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

• Gasp! 2

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Blame the Boomers they drove up the cost by making so your employer has to offer medical insurance. If you have work with a good medical then you're paying very little and get more coverage. I don't know about operations and surgery though.

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

ย 

village_idiot.gif

3 hours ago, Malcador said:

And then probably refill when these people realize the dogs and cats aren't toys to keep you busy when you're at home.

worse, people are gonna face financial hardships such that they lose their home. predictable. when a large number o 'people face financial hardship it means many pets will suffer, 'cause like it or not, the calculus o' tragedy needs have bob making a choice between mr. whiskers or his daughter. live in your car 'til you find a new place to live? lose home and move into a hotel or apartment with a no pet policy? mr. whiskers may not be supportable save extreme short term in such scenarios.ย 

during the recent recession, pets suffered. abandoned in droves. believe this financial crisis is gonna be different for pets is not ratinaol or reasonable.ย 

good for shady... though am noticing he said "most." with family, including the mother-in-law, forced to live in close proximity, perhaps there were also an investment in a pair o' top shelf noise cancelling headphones?

many folks is making unanticipated adjustments o' some kind. good luck to you all.

HA! Good Fun!

ย 

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

1 hour ago, Azdeus said:

Literally drew a short straw today, I'm not going toย  get a CDL(I think it was called, or am I wrongย  @Keyrock?) until earliest come autumn. Thanks Corona!ย ๐Ÿ˜ญ

So I'm going to finish taking the licence to drive a lorry, but I'm not going to be allowed to "work" with it, which makes that licence completely useless.

Damn, that sucks. Hang in there. Also, yes, it's called a CDL (Commercial Driving License) here.

• Thanks 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธRFK Jr 2024๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

1 hour ago, Orogun01 said:

"cover" is vague. deductible for an office visit could nevertheless cost considerable coinage in some locales, and the presumed tests @Azdeusย would need for kidney issues might not be covered... period. is not as if all insurance is created equal. in CA, for example, we got this covered california thing. ca, which is better than many states, will go pretty far to help folks meet costs o' health insurance, but there is tiers o' coverage which is representing vast gulfs in the level o' care which is actual covered. for example, if you got bronze tier, only the first three dr. visits in a year (not necessarily tests) is encheapened to $65 per visit, after which you pay full.ย 

we got nyc EMTs who cannot afford health insurance. after the recession, businesses changed to confront new realities. post 2011 employers found ways to fill labor needs and reduce full-time employees.ย  so your part-time nyc emt, who is an essential worker, may need make choice 'tween rent and health insurance.ย 

'course maybe you were lucky and were a full time employee with health insurance through your employer, so when you get fired from your now non-essential job, you may maintain health insurance through cobra, whichย is s'posed to allow recent unemployed to maintain health insurance coverage. unfortunate, cobra marketplace is not cheap. even with the threat o' covid-19, if you gotta make a choice 'tween feeding family and paying for health insurance, food is the likely winner, and such is the reality all too many is facing today.

Hundreds struggling during COVID-19 pandemic line up to receive food at distributions across South Florida

am thinking us health insurance is more terrible than many make it out to be, 'cause many don't realize just how bad it is for far too many people. however, am also recognizing is not a magic wand situation which is easily fixed. pretend as if medicare-for-all is a no-brainer is also a mistake. still, situation is pretty f'ing terrible.

HA! Good Fun!

• Thanks 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Incoming Rant:

So, I've been absent from forums for a while, had a full time job that ate a lot of time and got myself a girlfriend a few years ago. Did all the domestic things (own a house, two cars, cats, the works).

Girlfriend has kids, kids that she lost custody of due to a bad judge and just a terrible situation in general. Over Christmas we put together the money for her to go after said kids with a good lawyer. The lawyer told us we were going to need to move to the South if we wanted a reasonable chance to see the kids, so we started making plans to go down there.

The kids dad and paternal grandmother are real pieces of work. Hearsay is that the grandmother had her son (who's a nurse) kill his dad via od on morphine. Dad is/was crazy abusive (as in slammed my gf into a few things hard enough to dent them). Dad has ultimately signed over his rights as a parent to the grandmother because she keeps them to live off the government benefits having four extra's brings in.

Well, last week we started talking to one of the daughters and the circumstances have been changing rapidly. Turns out, dad might be getting tailed by the police for seducing girls from the local highschool. If the investigation is real (we only know this because the eldest daughter overheard something) then there is no custody fight and I have to make an trip down to collect the kids and figure out our next steps in terms of moving houses (if we're going to stay in Minnesota, or move somewhere else).

ย 

All of this uncertainty is killing my ability to sleep or pay attention to everything. Made worse by the fact if we continue as planned (moving south) then I don't even have a guaranteed job.

ย 

*heavy sigh*ย 

ย 

Sorry, don't mean to throw such heavy stuff around, but needed to get this off my chest somewhere.

• Sad 6

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

ย 

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

34 minutes ago, Skazz said:

Are you an arsonist?

Arsonist would be indoor, no ?

• Thanks 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Wow Calax, that is a ton of bricks to carry. I hope this all works out for you guys.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

17 minutes ago, Guard Dog said:

Wow Calax, that is a ton of bricks to carry. I hope this all works out for you guys.

As of right now, I don't know what state I'll be living in, what job I'll have, or how many humans I'll be supporting in two weeks time.

ย 

I HATE that.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

ย 

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

1 hour ago, Skazz said:

Are you an arsonist?

Oh my goodness ... no :) A socially isolated fire that occurs in a safe, very Canadian controlled, kind of way :)

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

I was thinking about getting some goats. Better not. I already have too many critters depending on me

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

3 hours ago, Guard Dog said:

I was thinking about getting some goats. Better not. I already have too many critters depending on me

Get a human, they can help you with the critters.

ย 

village_idiot.gif

14 hours ago, Gromnir said:

"cover" is vague. deductible for an office visit could nevertheless cost considerable coinage in some locales, and the presumed tests @Azdeusย would need for kidney issues might not be covered... period. is not as if all insurance is created equal. in CA, for example, we got this covered california thing. ca, which is better than many states, will go pretty far to help folks meet costs o' health insurance, but there is tiers o' coverage which is representing vast gulfs in the level o' care which is actual covered. for example, if you got bronze tier, only the first three dr. visits in a year (not necessarily tests) is encheapened to $65 per visit, after which you pay full.ย 

we got nyc EMTs who cannot afford health insurance. after the recession, businesses changed to confront new realities. post 2011 employers found ways to fill labor needs and reduce full-time employees.ย  so your part-time nyc emt, who is an essential worker, may need make choice 'tween rent and health insurance.ย 

'course maybe you were lucky and were a full time employee with health insurance through your employer, so when you get fired from your now non-essential job, you may maintain health insurance through cobra, whichย is s'posed to allow recent unemployed to maintain health insurance coverage. unfortunate, cobra marketplace is not cheap. even with the threat o' covid-19, if you gotta make a choice 'tween feeding family and paying for health insurance, food is the likely winner, and such is the reality all too many is facing today.

Hundreds struggling during COVID-19 pandemic line up to receive food at distributions across South Florida

am thinking us health insurance is more terrible than many make it out to be, 'cause many don't realize just how bad it is for far too many people. however, am also recognizing is not a magic wand situation which is easily fixed. pretend as if medicare-for-all is a no-brainer is also a mistake. still, situation is pretty f'ing terrible.

HA! Good Fun!

Oh, and not to mention that if something were to happen and I'd have to remove the adrenals, I'd have to eat fistfulls of medicines to compensate for the loss of hormone production for the rest of my life. I don't think normal blood pressure medicines are going to be a problem, since they're ubiquitous and should be quite cheap, but the rest I'm not so sure about.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

7 hours ago, Orogun01 said:

Get a human, they can help you with the critters.

I had one a little while back. I married her too. Didn't work out well. Not well at all.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 2

Thomas Sowell

2 hours ago, Guard Dog said:

I had one a little while back. I married her too. Didn't work out well. Not well at all.

Well see marrying was the mistake. Just need to keep them around to take care of the animals.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

13 hours ago, Guard Dog said:

Goats make excellent milk and cheese and if you dont like them they delicious and healthy to eatย 

https://draxe.com/nutrition/goat-milk/

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his lossโ€

John Miltonย 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.โ€ -ย  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

ย 

ย