What you've done today, tomorrow and yesterday

Amentep

Read the news. "Big fire at Hisingen". Several trucks started burning and ignited a nearby warehouse. "Hmm.. those images are awfully familiar, I drove there to the meeting."

*Checks google streetview to compare images from the scene to where I drove*

Kurwa.

• Gasp! 3

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

11 hours ago, Azdeus said:

Read the news. "Big fire at Hisingen". Several trucks started burning and ignited a nearby warehouse. "Hmm.. those images are awfully familiar, I drove there to the meeting."

Kurwa.

Yeah, THAT should show them not to mess with Azdeus πŸ”₯

(you can put the matches away now)

β€œHe who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

47 minutes ago, Skazz said:

^ How bad is it? Are you and everyone from your work all right?

Dunno, there aren't any direct images of it, but noone was there atleast.

https://www.gp.se/nyheter/storbrand-sprider-rΓΆk-ΓΆver-gΓΆteborg-1.26702101

xqqMJ-rLGX0tqvCT8KdygqjLNBo.jpg?f=Regula

Here are some Street view images, the first one is pretty recent, one year ago, but the other one is a few years before and has an unobstructed view of the facilities.

I don't know if the street view links will work properly, but turn the camera due west.

https://www.google.com/maps/@57.738846,11.9932293,3a,75y,284.02h,67.89t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sVwj2nAJZSEH5N0wquFDZog!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

https://www.google.com/maps/@57.7388311,11.9931374,3a,75y,284.02h,67.89t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s77Or6pHJke4DRjIFgHqogQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

And a little bit further down the street;

https://www.google.com/maps/@57.740652,11.9937902,3a,75y,274.94h,76.81t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sYCtvI8lUDrs9zjx8pmRnMQ!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

I'm highly amused that you can jump backwards and forwards in time by just switching side of the road. πŸ˜„

Β 

21 minutes ago, Gorth said:

Yeah, THAT should show them not to mess with Azdeus πŸ”₯

(you can put the matches away now)

Hahaha! That's the wrong place I would burn πŸ˜›Β 

• Like 2

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

My boss' timing is impeccable,Β  just got a message saying that it was a warehouse next to us, so that's good (For me).

Edited by Azdeus
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, Azdeus said:

This man over here, officer.

• Haha 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I thought I might have broken my toe but then I realized two things, I feel no pain and you can't hurt steel.

Though if anyone on here is a doctor, has played one on TV, or recently stayed at a Holiday Inn Express can I ask if it's supposed to look like hamburger yet smell faintly of almonds?

• Confused 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

52 minutes ago, ShadySands said:

Though if anyone on here is a doctor, has played one on TV, or recently stayed at a Holiday Inn Express can I ask if it's supposed to look like hamburger yet smell faintly of almonds?

Is it just me, or is one of these things not like the others?

3 hours ago, ShadySands said:

I thought I might have broken my toe but then I realized two things, I feel no pain and you can't hurt steel.

which toe? am knowing multiple people who had to end their athletic careers after serious cases o' turf toe. god forbid, dancing career could be over for shady.

small toe? get out the pruning shears and bactine. go ronnie lott on that sucker.

not serious 'bout the ronnie lott advice.

HA! Good Fun!

Β 

Β 

• Thanks 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

25 minutes ago, Gorgon said:

Where the hell did all my dinner plates go. Did someone sneak into my apartment, steal all the dinner plates,Β and leave everything else intact, helter skelter style ???

Did you check the dishwasher?

• Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

last 8th tooth out today. This was one tricky bastard. I feel like doc grind away half of my jaw bone and I am drooling blood everywhere. Going to be awesome week or so for me!

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Drooling blood sounds like a reason to get further medical attention

ist better now after few hours

Β 

Β 

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Nice steady day at work. Spending the day trolling Americans on Reddit, interesting accusations of actually being a Communist.Β  I guess they've moved on from "SJW" or "cuck", good to see them evolve!

Β 

I have a conference call at 9. After that I am going to walk down to the river with the pups for some fishing and communing with nature. If I actually catch anything it's going in the pan tonight with grits & hush puppies.

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

36 minutes ago, Guard Dog said:

I have a conference call at 9. After that I am going to walk down to the river with the pups for some fishing and communing with nature. If I actually catch anything it's going in the pan tonight with grits & hush puppies.

Oh man I envy you! Fishing season just started here but I need to wait a bit because of my operation. I can't wait to get to the water.

Β 

there is picΒ from last time fishing!

Β 

fishing2.thumb.jpg.5fe49c5f90315e3d7537e1c4c7762f37.jpg

Edited by Chilloutman
  • Like 5

Today, I wanted to feel less useless, so I volunteered to help with some grocery shopping for the elderly.

So I did. But now I feel useless *and* not very altruistic to boot.

Can't have it all, I guess.

On an unrelated note, I did my shopping in a large supermarket at a major street in Warsaw and despite certain countrywide restrictions (like staying 1,5 meters apart from each other and hard limits on the number of people inside), it was pretty much a chaotic free-for-all for everyone involved.

At least everyone wore masks, so there's that.

• Like 5

21 hours ago, ShadySands said:

Hope you asked them to explain communism since those answers are generally worth a laugh or two

After one told me Cuba still poses a threat to America I gave up.Β  American Redditors are a special kind of imbecile. πŸ˜›

Usual conference call hell today, where people need 10 minutes to say they did nothing yesterday.Β  Every day.

I caught a catfish. That is unusual. I put him back. I love fried catfish, but I would not eat a wild one. Farm raised only. You are what you eat and you know what THEY eat!

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

9 minutes ago, Guard Dog said:

I caught a catfish. That is unusual. I put him back. I love fried catfish, but I would not eat a wild one. Farm raised only. You are what you eat and you know what THEY eat!

...mice?

15 minutes ago, Skazz said:

...mice?

Poop

Thomas Sowell