Funny Stuff: A New Hope

Amentep

99011070_2978084512278288_3165218634603692032_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=7_3CxMsTPzwAX-zoOlA&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-2.xx&oh=e2626ba866cdb5c285766786ba03f5ce&oe=5EECC1E0

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

98372359_2975736139179792_1165882092408537088_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=1MYO5lhvcUAAX87X3aL&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-2.xx&oh=a039975451f86effeeceef1739c29932&oe=5EEC34DE

• Haha 7

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

2 hours ago, Keyrock said:

If you saw it on TV then you probably missed out on some high quality nudity.

Zardoz was like some bizarre fever dream. I can only imagine that A LOT of drugs were involved in the making of that movie, though likely not nearly as much as the amount of drugs that fueled Cats.

German TV (living in the border region, I had more German language than Danish tv channels to choose from) was quite open minded about things in the 70's. What's not to love about gratuitous nudity and violence (not being mutually exclusive either) 😇

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

A Hollywood scene played out for real in China!

Here, a wedding scene from Netflix show, The Art of Travel:

And here, a wedding that happened in China in 2019...

... but first, some context:  the bride had been cheating with the groom's brother-in-law, (i.e., his sister's husband.)  The groom hired his bother-in-law, a contractor, to renovate his new home for his "soon-to-be-wife" after marriage.  The bride and brother-in-law somehow hooked up during the home renovation.  However, unbeknown to them, the groom had hired someone else to install security cameras everywhere in and around his home... and the camera worked!  So the security camera guy (who was also a friend of the groom) saw the video footage and informed the groom, (that is a real friend.)  The groom knew the bride was cheating, but he waited until the wedding to publicly play the video (in the top screen) to embarrass her in front of all the guests.

Justice served.

Edited by ktchong
  • Haha 1

1rxk2qM.jpg

• Haha 4
  • Gasp! 2
  • Sad 2

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

aDVgQB8.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6
  • Hmmm 1

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

19 hours ago, Oner said:

The lady at 1:01 is the best.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

36 minutes ago, Raithe said:

96748201_3283816128295125_69926126237075

Everything I learn about the Australian wildlife makes me think that Australia might have a gate to hell.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

7 hours ago, Orogun01 said:

Everything I learn about the Australian wildlife makes me think that Australia might have a gate to hell.

Meh, the only really dangerous animal down here with a beak is the platypus (it's venom is lethal)

At least it can't fly 👍

Edit: I was wrong, not about the flying part, but only the male platypus has venomous spurs on its hind legs.

Looks harmless, right?

d8e8a3709c8948a9bcbaf716be16e158_18.jpg

and I had forgotten another animal that it's recommended not to get to close to:

southern_cassowary_jcb.jpg

https://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/news/2019/4/why-the-cassowary-is-the-worlds-most-dangerous-bird-568931/

• Gasp! 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

and people say there is no proof that birds are dinosaurs

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

-Teknoman2-

18 hours ago, Orogun01 said:

I find Australian dangerous wildlife to be exaggerated. There is nothing that could oppose a simple rabbit.

166215__front.jpg

14 hours ago, Gorth said:

and I had forgotten another animal that it's recommended not to get to close to:

southern_cassowary_jcb.jpg

https://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/news/2019/4/why-the-cassowary-is-the-worlds-most-dangerous-bird-568931/

The great Emu war is still remembered to this day

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

8 hours ago, Orogun01 said:

The great Emu war is still remembered to this day

Never forget 

image.jpeg.92ddf7707f3b386afbdd815a9883780b.jpeg

What Was The Emu War Of Australia And What Was The Outcome ...

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 3