Politics XXXV (Life in the Vault is about to change)

Amentep

8 hours ago, Skarpen said:

For a crazy person for sure.

ed9.jpg

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Well, not all cops are murderers.  They do all seem to be douchebags.   Good start to change that would be to ban shades and shaven heads.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

11 minutes ago, Malcador said:

Well, not all cops are murderers.  They do all seem to be douchebags.   Good start to change that would be to ban shades and shaven heads.

But are mustaches still ok?

ImportantTameHarpyeagle.webp

Hah, well anything that gets them to not look like some wannabe badass.  Maybe it could help internalize that they too are normal people.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

1 hour ago, Malcador said:

That is the worst type of legislation, a sweeping vague law that would apply to people that have nothing to do with the issue. If you're banning shaven heads then I'm siding with the cops.

• Haha 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

https://nypost.com/2020/05/13/paul-manafort-released-early-from-prison-over-coronavirus-fears-report/

I see Manafort and Cohen are going to be released early  from the slammer due to the virus ......it seems reasonable I suppose :ermm:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

21 minutes ago, Orogun01 said:

That is the worst type of legislation, a sweeping vague law that would apply to people that have nothing to do with the issue. If you're banning shaven heads then I'm siding with the cops.

Cop regulations are laws now ?  As for it being unfair and strict, heh, well such is the life of a non-civilian, I'm sure military personnel have to put up with worse.

Also, wasn't being entirely serious, I guess I needed to telegraph that more.

Edited by Malcador

2 minutes ago, Malcador said:

Cop regulations are laws now ?  As for it being unfair and strict, heh, well such is the life of a non-civilian, I'm sure military personnel have to put up with worse.

Also, wasn't being serious, I guess I needed to telegraph that more.

....Neither was I. (The 3 points at the beginning were silence not telegraphing)

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

I don't know man. You ban buzz cuts and stuff and next thing you know the 80's are back.

Mel-gibson1.jpg

*shudder*

• Haha 1

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

2 hours ago, HoonDing said:

who woulda thunk police become extremely trigger happy in a country where even a 5-year-old can buy a gun

That 5 year old better be a midget with hairy ass balls.

village_idiot.gif

Spending and Deficit Set All-Time Records: Feds Spent $3.3 Trillion Through April While Running $1.48 Trillion Deficit

Tick tock tick tock....

If you are invested in US bonds get out. The default is inevitable. If you are invested in stocks... well, don't sell if you are down, but large cap is the place to be. If you are in debt get out no matter what you have to do. If you are not stay out at least for a little while.  Commodities or tangible investments are the place to be IMO. Remember, gold, silver, real-estate are never worthless. Be VERY wary of crypto-currency right now. Remember it has no value other than what everyone THINKS it has. 

Edited by Guard Dog

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

The party of fiscal responsibility and small government is certainly living up to its billing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

45 minutes ago, Pidesco said:

The party of fiscal responsibility and small government is certainly living up to its billing.

It hasn't been that since the 70's. All we have now is the Party of Economic Implosion and the Party of Economic Implosion Faster. I'm not even sure which is which. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

On 5/12/2020 at 11:46 PM, Bartimaeus said:

Three murderers break into Kentucky woman's home past midnight and murder her. The murderers were reportedly surprised that the occupants of the house would attempt to resist the burglary attempt after having been rudely awakened by the sounds of their home being broken into seconds earlier, and started blindly firing into their home, striking and killing the woman. The boyfriend of the woman who was murdered is currently in jail for defending himself and his lady against the plainclothes, breaking-and-entering, midnight murderers even after it turns out they were, in fact, unable to read, having executed their search warrant upon the wrong house.

Oops, think I wrote "murderers" instead of "police officers" a few times there. C'est la vie: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk/black-woman-shot-killed-after-kentucky-police-entered-her-home-n1205651

(e): FML, this is not the politics thread. Or, uh, wait...it turns out, they also had coronavirus! More to come...:p

"Records show that the police investigation was centered around a "trap house" more than 10 miles from Taylor's apartment, and that a judge had approved a "no-knock" search warrant, meaning officers did not have to identify themselves, according to The Courier-Journal."

No knock warrants should be banned in all municipalities, IMO.  I understand the desire of the police to keep people from destroying evidence, but they will continue to lead to these kind of incidents if allowed to stand.  Sadly, reading this story reminds me a lot of Kathryn Johnston.  I'm sure there are plenty of others people who've lost their lives around the country that others could point out.

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Police fail to realize the benefits to society of their job being hard to do.

3 hours ago, Guard Dog said:

Remember it has no value other than what everyone THINKS it has. 

That's literally the bedrock of any economy that isn't restricted to direct barter. Remember TP just a few weeks ago?

Crypto's main difference with fiat currency is that it isn't backed by any one government, but by the internet itself. You can get goods and services in exchange for it because other people will accept it so they can get goods and services in exchange for it, so long as the internet works and there's a limited supply of it. Its value is purely transactional.

Not trying to lecture you here, btw, and I'm not invested in crypto myself. I just think it has the same intrinsic value as gold (unless you desperately need to make wires and are out of copper and silver...), and if we're looking at TOTAL COLLAPSE, neither will be very valuable. And, at this point, the Internet failing would be a bigger disaster than any one economy collapsing, including the US.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.