Politics XXXV (Life in the Vault is about to change)

Amentep

23 hours ago, Hurlshot said:

Uh...

image.png.5ccae8492670b1d0511284a1ebbff745.png

Rising health-care costs are eating away at your wages and you may ...

Thanks to Boomers we now have employer mandated insurance so the price of insurance rises and you're out of a job or don't have a work that provides insurance you're out of luck.
Its basic economics price elasticity means that if someone can charge more for a product they will.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

2 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

...Buttigieg? The guy who was polling ~1-2% in almost every state except the two early races where he spent all his time and money on in the hopes of getting enough coverage to launch a real campaign? Yeah, somehow, I don't think so. If they had all been held on the same day, Bernie would've almost certainly been the leader (although not necessarily the winner, since an outright winner does require >50% of delegates) due to having the largest individual base while the rest of the race was splintered. That was why everyone but Biden dropped out the night before Super Tuesday to make sure Bernie wouldn't have won in a Trump-esque fashion.

I wasn't speaking in a political analyst "This man should have won" sort of mentality. I was speaking in terms of who would govern the best. He's a young (relatively), gay, combat vet, and had a pretty good plan to move forward from the pieces I saw. I do think that he'll be a perennial return for the next few cycles just because of his youth, and he could do to get a higher title before his name (Governor probably) for the experiance.

From the primaries, push comes to shove, Biden won out of inertia more than anything. Sanders had his base pre-built, Warren wanted Sanders base and to steal some from the middle. Pete was building momentum but couldn't pause the Biden intertia, Amy, Booker, and the rest could barely get a word in edge wise in debates. Even in her home state, I saw more Pete ad's than Amy.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

12 minutes ago, Hurlshot said:

America probably isn't ready for a gay President. We need a popular TV show with a gay president first. Everyone knows that 24 got America ready for Obama.

Meh, Palmer was a better President than Obama

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

What does him being gay have to with 'governing the best'. That logic makes no sense. Afterall, one of the arguments we pro gays (lol) use is that sexual orientation doesn't make you better or worse... yet here you are claiming that him being gay makes him a better president... preumsing being hetersexual or bi or asexual would make him worse.

LMAO

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

39 minutes ago, Guard Dog said:

Meh, Palmer was a better President than Obama

President Beck was better than both.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

35 minutes ago, Volourn said:

What does him being gay have to with 'governing the best'. That logic makes no sense. Afterall, one of the arguments we pro gays (lol) use is that sexual orientation doesn't make you better or worse... yet here you are claiming that him being gay makes him a better president... preumsing being hetersexual or bi or asexual would make him worse.

LMAO

To be fair there hasn't been a study to disprove that anal sex makes you better at politics. We could be looking at an untapped resource here, what if gay people are better at politics? Just like sex perverts seem to be great at making movies.

• Haha 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

3 hours ago, Malcador said:

President Beck was better than both.

Funny Valentine was even better.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

3 hours ago, Volourn said:

Not exclusively, but it does mean (especially alongside his military service) that he's not been just shrugging his way to his role.  He was a Gay Man active in the Navy during Don't Ask, Don't Tell.

Pete Buttigieg is like if the Bank of America pride float became a person.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

https://apnews.com/ae1ad252bb13490db2ceffc5d17b6d92?

WASHINGTON (AP) — In an abrupt about-face, the Justice Department on Thursday said it is dropping the criminal case against President Donald Trump’s first national security adviser, Michael Flynn, abandoning a prosecution that became a rallying cry for the president and his supporters in attacking the FBI’s Trump-Russia investigation.

The action was a stunning reversal for one of the signature cases brought by special counsel Robert Mueller. It comes even though prosecutors for the past three years have maintained that Flynn lied to the FBI in a January 2017 interview about his conversations with the Russian ambassador.

Too bad that Flynn only pleaded guilty, clearly that is not enough to be sure if person is actually guilty

2 hours ago, Elerond said:

Too bad that Flynn only pleaded guilty, clearly that is not enough to be sure if person is actually guilty

Every person that professionally deals in Law will tell you it isn't.

166215__front.jpg

14 hours ago, Orogun01 said:

To be fair there hasn't been a study to disprove that anal sex makes you better at politics. We could be looking at an untapped resource here, what if gay people are better at politics? Just like sex perverts seem to be great at making movies.

But not all gay people actually practice anal intercourse. And what about heterosexual guys who enjoy a good pegging or two by their spouse? :p

6 hours ago, Skarpen said:

Every person that professionally deals in Law will tell you it isn't.

Especially true for the US.

Edited by majestic

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Jesus that conversation got weird quickly!

:lol:

Edited by Guard Dog

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

4 hours ago, majestic said:

Especially true for the US.

One probably should wonder how many people in US prisons are then innocent, considering that 94% of state-level felony convictions and 97% of federal convictions are by plea bargain 

Edited by Elerond
added state level percentage

1 hour ago, Elerond said:

One probably should wonder how many people in US prisons are then innocent, considering that 94% of state-level felony convictions and 97% of federal convictions are by plea bargain 

Look up John Oliver's bit about Public Defenders. Yes its a very surface level skimming of the various issues that may be a bit mis-construed, but he singles out a few cases.

Specifically a guy took a plea for a lesser offense because it would let him go home and see his kids that night, rather than fight to be declared innocent. Because if he fought the charges he wouldn't be able to go home, and could see his kids enter the system because daddy's in jail.

24 minutes ago, Calax said:

Look up John Oliver's bit about Public Defenders. Yes its a very surface level skimming of the various issues that may be a bit mis-construed, but he singles out a few cases.

Specifically a guy took a plea for a lesser offense because it would let him go home and see his kids that night, rather than fight to be declared innocent. Because if he fought the charges he wouldn't be able to go home, and could see his kids enter the system because daddy's in jail.

Did it mention that a lot of criminals plea to a lesser crime to avoid prosecution for a larger crime? Like, let's say they bargain to a charge of breaking and entering to avoid a charge of theft and the DA might take them up on that since it saves his/her time and taxpayer money. There's complexity to every issue that gets eliminated from every comedy night show to fit their political leanings.

village_idiot.gif

Looks like Gov. Ventura is not running on the Green ticket and that's confirmed.

Really sucks but I guess it's premature, sort of like forcing birth.

My prediction: Trump will again but Greens may pick up a few seats, and will definitely pick up seats in the 2020 midterms and hopefully acquire some governorships and keep the ball rolling, then we have solid grounding for the 2024 election.  It would be miraculous if we got 5% this cycle so we can get nation funding, but I'm not holding my breath.

I would look to Amish more seriously but he's a filthy Russiagater so it sounds like he may pull more votes off Biden than Trump (lol).

Watch as the Democrats blame Amish for losing to Trump, as they are notorious for pointing fingers when things don't go their way, rather than accepting the fact that they're a crappy party who's lost touch with workers.

c4c.jpg

Look deep into those cold dead eyes and see into the abyss itself.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KaineParker said:

c4c.jpg

Look into that receding hairline and see the eternity of hairplugs. Are we roasting the guy now?

village_idiot.gif

3 hours ago, KaineParker said:

c4c.jpg

Listening to his empty, soulsucking generalities will quickly lull your consciousness into oblivion, too.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

The justice system in NA (Kanada has this same issue can't talk for Europe but I'm guessing they have the same sort of issues) is to be fair and balanced but it isn't.  The state double dips and tags  up a lot of laws/crimes that are basicly copy of others so when someone commits a single crime they end up officially charged with a dozen. That way they can initmidate and bully the accused into accepting a 'plea deal'.

ie. Someone gets caught stealing a car they end up charged with 10 different crimes and they can 'plea' down to 1. LMAO

It's absolutely disgusting, unfair, evil, and monstrous.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

18 minutes ago, Volourn said:

The justice system in NA (Kanada has this same issue can't talk for Europe but I'm guessing they have the same sort of issues) is to be fair and balanced but it isn't.  The state double dips and tags  up a lot of laws/crimes that are basicly copy of others so when someone commits a single crime they end up officially charged with a dozen. That way they can initmidate and bully the accused into accepting a 'plea deal'.

ie. Someone gets caught stealing a car they end up charged with 10 different crimes and they can 'plea' down to 1. LMAO

It's absolutely disgusting, unfair, evil, and monstrous.

That's what happens when institutions go unchecked, they just evolve and mutate and find clever ways to **** people.

The citizens are halfway responsible for not doing anything about it.  

EDIT:  I have thesis on why some may consider European institutions to be a bit better than North American ones, because Europe seems to have more 'Radicals' in their population who actually fight the system sometimes violently, therefore forcing the government institutions and big businesses to reform.  Unfortunately the average Joe in America, who probably means well, doesn't seem to have it in him to risk what little he has for change, he figures being peaceful and hardworking and being 'content' is probably the best way to go.

Unfortunately, the Germans also felt that way during the Interwar years and did little to stop Hitler's rise to power and the rest is history.

Edited by ComradeMaster

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/08/world/canada-essential-workers-raise/

I used to kinda look down on Trudeau because I thought he was too liberal but it looks like he's aging quite well.  It's like he's evolving somewhat from a hyper-academia clean-shaven PC liberal to actually growing a beard and turning into a leftist who actually cares about workers conditions.  Keep it up, good sir!

Edited by ComradeMaster