Coronavirus: Continuing Vigilance

Amentep

33 minutes ago, Totally not Gorgon said:

You cant be anti establishment when you are the establishment.

Sounds like something Gorgon would say.

Also, this reminds me one of my favorite Sir Pterry quotes:

“Commander, I always used to consider that you had a definite anti-authoritarian streak in you.”
“Sir?”
“It seems that you have managed to retain this even though you are authority.”
“Sir?”
“That’s practically zen.”

Edited by Skazz
  • Like 2

• Like 3

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

The LA times thinks having testicles makes you more vulnerable. https://www.latimes.com/science/story/2020-04-18/do-testicles-make-men-more-vulnerable-to-coronavirus

So. Just how badly do you want to avoid this virus??? :lol:

• Haha 1
  • Gasp! 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/04/17/6-states-where-people-are-protesting-stay-at-home-orders/

Guys what do you think about this behavior we are seeing in some states, its boggles my mind that ostensibly small groups of people are openly both denying and rejecting the risk of how this virus spreads and how dangerous it can be 

It seems unfortunately to be a case of playing  an  appalling form of politicizing  this virus and this really puts peoples lives at risk, and impacts the overall recovery of the USA from the virus and should be heavily condemned IMO

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Dr. Phil is a psychologist not a virologist.
Dr. Oz is a cardiologist not a virologist.
Dr. Pepper is a soda not a virologist.
Dr. Dre is a rapper not a virol...ogist.
Dr. Evil is a villain not a virologist.
Dr. Seuss is a children’s author not a virologist.
Dr. Bronner’s is castile soap not a virologist.
Dr. Hannibal Lector is a cannibal psychologist not a virologist.
Dr. Who is a time lord not a virologist.
Dr. Frank-N-Furter is an experience not a virologist.

Just because a “doctor” is on TV talking about the Corona Virus doesn’t mean they know what they’re talking about or are qualified to do so, especially the first two. Listen to virologists when it comes to viruses. Your health and possibly your life is at stake.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

On 4/19/2020 at 5:33 AM, Guard Dog said:

Very badly if you're a guy. A week ago, the mortality rates showed that close yo 70% of all deaths are males.

Edit: for more explanation about why men have weaker immune systems, try googling the exposed y chromosome

Edit2: On a completely not serious note, ever noticed how the y looks like an x with a disability? Like it's missing a leg 😛

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

2 hours ago, Gorth said:

Very badly if you're a guy. A week ago, the mortality rates showed that close yo 70% of all deaths are males.

Edit: for more explanation about why men have weaker immune systems, try googling the exposed y chromosome

Edit2: On a completely not serious note, ever noticed how the y looks like an x with a disability? Like it's missing a leg 😛

Men also tend to not follow social distancing guidelines as well as  women do it should be said

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

43 minutes ago, Azdeus said:

Men also tend to not follow social distancing guidelines as well as  women do it should be said

All that testosterone competing for the Darwin Award 😂

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

On 4/18/2020 at 9:33 PM, Guard Dog said:

The LA times thinks having testicles makes you more vulnerable. https://www.latimes.com/science/story/2020-04-18/do-testicles-make-men-more-vulnerable-to-coronavirus

I want to avoid the virus very badly but not at the price you are suggesting :sweat:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

EVEUH7yUwAoaxjd?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Hmmm 1
  • Gasp! 1
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

On 4/18/2020 at 9:33 PM, Guard Dog said:

Pregnancy has made the female immune system much more aggressive, so we are not comparing on even terms to begin with. Add to that that men smoke more and have more lifestyle illnesses, diabetes etc and have shorter lifespans for that reason, they probably on average still do more 'grunt work' that exposes them to risk.

I think it comes down to men being 70% more likely to die from Covid.

• Like 3

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

1 hour ago, Gorgon said:

Pregnancy has made the female immune system much more aggressive, so we are not comparing on even terms to begin with. Add to that that men smoke more and have more lifestyle illnesses, diabetes etc and have shorter lifespans for that reason, they probably on average still do more 'grunt work' that exposes them to risk.

I think it comes down to men being 70% more likely to die from Covid if you are male. 

I  was following this debate on numerous international news channels around why  more men die or are adversely effected from the virus and even though the reasons you mentioned were raised I am not convinced its accurate or the real reason..basically the argument is lifestyle choices 

There are many men globally who have become sick and they are in perfect health and sadly some of them have died. Also the pregnancy argument makes sense but what if a women has never been pregnant would the boosted immune system still apply?

I think the real reason for this concerning reality is still to be understood like many things we just dont  know yet about the virus 

What about if the  virus was created by man-hating radical feminists in an attempt to destroy us men  and usurp the natural balance and around gender hierarchy ..... :-

Im sure Volo has links to support this ?

Edited by BruceVC

John Milton 

I wish they'd post more about the number of smokers who are heavily affected by the virus. They are quick to mention pre-existing health conditions, but it would be interesting to see what percentages of people that encountered serious problems were also vaping and smoking. I mean, lung health is a pretty big part of this whole thing. I hope those who do regularly breathe bad crap into their lungs are at least thinking twice about it now.  

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Hurlshot said:

I wish they'd post more about the number of smokers who are heavily affected by the virus. They are quick to mention pre-existing health conditions, but it would be interesting to see what percentages of people that encountered serious problems were also vaping and smoking. I mean, lung health is a pretty big part of this whole thing. I hope those who do regularly breathe bad crap into their lungs are at least thinking twice about it now.  

There is also a suggested link to countries with high levels of air pollution and smog, like parts of China,  and people getting sick easier due to weaker or comprised respiratory systems which is the same as a heavy smoker 

John Milton 

4 hours ago, Hurlshot said:

I hope those who do regularly breathe bad crap into their lungs are at least thinking twice about it now.  

After all the years of anti-smoking campaigns.  Nope.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

EWBEqZdWkAAROXp?format=jpg&name=small

(Yes, I know, there's no correlation between the two. But I still find it cheaply amusing)

Edited by Raithe

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."