Best attributes for a Healing Paladin (dual wielding)

Hello

I started a new game as chanter (Troubadour) and created a Kind wayfarer Paladin (Pale Elf) single class to support and attack, i feel i done some mistakes when i created him...
I need him mostly for dual wielding + healing with blue flame and Exalted Endurance...
In Game without any gear, his attributes are :
Might : 15
Constitution : 12
Dexterity : 12
Perception : 13
Intellect : 15
Resolve : 11

I read somewhere on the forum dexterity must be neglected on Paladin, and because of the loss of accuracy with dual wielding may be I  should have put more point in Perception... I have no intention to use any ability which take longer than instantly to launch (Inspired beacon for example) ...
Should i  remove point Dexterity and add more Perception ? (he will lose reflex and initiative) ...
Any tips please ?

Pillars of Eternity PS4 - RPG fan - Native language French, so please forgive my poor English speaking ...

Who told you that dual wiedling brings a loss of accuracy? That's wrong. The only thing that would lower your accuracy would be a medium or large shield.

PER 13 is completely fine - especially if you are not playing PotD difficulty. Also because you can put the Ring of Focused Flame on your Kind Wayfarer and then your White Flames have +20 Accuracy. Maybe you will miss a bit more often in the very earlygame - but after some levels PER 13 will be no issue.

You could take 2 points from CON and one from RES and put them into PER if you feel that you need some more. 

You might want to have somebody in the party with 16+ PER at the beginning - because there are some secrets and traps that you can't detect if everybody only has mediocre PER.  

Very low DEX can be bad for a Paladin who uses Lay on Hands quite a bit. Because your recovery will be so long that sometimes party members die before you can finish recovery and cast Lay on Hands. 

Edited by Boeroer
  • Thanks 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

13 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

Who told you that dual wiedling brings a loss of accuracy? That's wrong. The only thing that would lower your accuracy would be a medium or large shield.

PER 13 is completely fine - especially if you are not playing PotD difficulty. Also because you can put the Ring of Focused Flame on your Kind Wayfarer and then your White Flames have +20 Accuracy. Maybe you will miss a bit more often in the very earlygame - but after some levels PER 13 will be no issue.

You could take 2 points from CON and one from RES and put them into PER if you feel that you need some more. 

You might want to have somebody in the party with 16+ PER at the beginning - because there are some secrets and traps that you can't detect if everybody only has mediocre PER.  

Very low DEX can be bad for a Paladin who uses Lay on Hands quite a bit. Because your recovery will be so long that sometimes party members die before you can finish recovery and cast Lay on Hands. 

Sorry, I should have said with dual wielding you lose the accuracy bonus of using only one single hand weapon (one sabre only accuracy = 42, one sabre in each hand accuracy =30/30, same as using a two hand weapon (i am at the very beginning of the game, still on Maje island)...
Lay on Hands don't work on PS4 (it don't heal), even with last patch 1.05, this is why i created a Kind wayfarer in the very beginning of this NG and the one before... i didn't realized dexterity helped on instantly cast spells/abilities, i thought it helped only with long cast time spells, thanks...
Constitution 10 will not a problem for a tank Paladin ?

Edited by fced

Pillars of Eternity PS4 - RPG fan - Native language French, so please forgive my poor English speaking ...

Ah, okay. But if you only use one sabre you also can only proc one instance of White Flames healing. With two sabres you will have 12 less ACC, but you will be able to trigger White FLames twice(!). So you have two chances to proc White FLames at least once, if not twice. With one sabre you only have one chance but with higher +12 ACC.

And of couse you'll do less damage with FoD with one sabre only. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

Ah, okay. But if you only use one sabre you also can only proc one instance of White Flames healing. With two sabres you will have 12 less ACC, but you will be able to trigger White FLames twice(!). So you have two chances to proc White FLames at least once, if not twice. With one sabre you only have one chance but with higher +12 ACC.

And of couse you'll do less damage with FoD with one sabre only. 

agreed, i tried in the first fight in Gorreci street, my kind wayfarer paladin had one sabre in each hand, and he missed each time (may be because he was one  level below us)...

Edited by fced

Sorry to double-post, but if you have massive problems with hitting and feel that one handed sabre works better at the moment: you can just use one sabre in the early game and switch to two weapons later - as soon as it gets better (it will get better). I mean before investing into a weapon style like One-Handed or Two-Weapon Style. After some levels dual wielding will def. be the better option for White Flames.

You could even use dual wielding with a Rapier + modal in the main hand temporarily. It would have +13 ACC over a single sabre but still do twice the healing (second one with the offhand - e.g. a Dagger) while not being slower (White Flames skips the main hand's recovery). Lots of options... ;)

Edited by Boeroer
  • Thanks 1