Heya, just trying to get to understand this spell. I've never used it, but I'm thinking something is wrong. I'm at the Engwithan Digsite and have the Panthers and such come at me. I use Hold Beasts, hover the targetting circle over the enemies and nothing is marked as selected. I cast the spell and nothing happens. Is this normal, or is this my bugged game again? Much like Priest spell Holy Radiance that never ever did anything on my system. Or like Cloak of Death spell that does nothing on my system.

It's like these spells lack targetting and to hit rolls. There's nothing in the tooltip area either. It just says: Casts Hold Beasts. There nothing when you hover over it. It's a dud spell.

Edited by AeonsLegend

On 4/3/2020 at 11:03 AM, AeonsLegend said:

There's nothing in the tooltip area either. It just says: Casts Hold Beasts. There nothing when you hover over it. It's a dud spell.

what the-??

this sounds like the rare "item loses all abilities" bug, except affecting an ability? that's insane

i wonder if there's some save-file or game-file corruption that can happen

12 hours ago, thelee said:

what the-??

this sounds like the rare "item loses all abilities" bug, except affecting an ability? that's insane

i wonder if there's some save-file or game-file corruption that can happen

No I had this installation ever since the game came out. I did run file checks on it through steam, but that never did anything to fix it so I assumed it was just a bug in the game. There's been multiple spells that just never did anything. Like at all. I have a bug report here somewhere about Holy Radiance with pics and such. When it is cast, nothing happens except for the visual. No one is healed and enemies take no damage. I wonder if reïnstalling the game actually fixed that spell as well.