4 hours ago, Zeraphil said:

Interesting.

How do you build Fassina, when you run her as a Drui/Wizard? I try to make her work since release.....

Do you prefer Single or Multiclass Cipher? And do you run Serafen / Ydwin or do you prefer your Watcher as a Cipher?

Fassina is not as good in single class wizard since she's stuck with the conjurer class, but she gets some nice spells from that one. Since I enjoy Druid and you can only have her as a multi class druid not a full druid, I turn her into a sorcerer. She will hardly run out of stuff to assist her party, but there's some spells that are more important than others.

Moonwell is arguably one of the best spells in the game. Plague of Insects and Relentless Storm are also very good and she gets access to all of the good Druid spells aside from level VIII and onward, but that's not going to gimp her. From the wizard spell selection you can go for some self buffs and some debuffs for enemies.

For items I give her the The Eye of Wael and Lethandria's Devotion, both easily obtainable and give some extra buffs to self and party. She'll have good survivability and can sustain the party with multiple stacking AoE pulsing healing spells so your party will never ever die.

I'm playing in the Turn based mod for the first time... and find it quite interesting how the ray spells have been altered.

They've effectively become very strong very short range nukes (with echo, as they strike twice!). I was already impressed by Ray of Fire doing nearly 50% more damage then a fireball (twice!), but Ningauth's Death Ray looks ridiculous! 100 damage on a PL 3 spell (again, twice!).

Need to get close to enemies and it's tricky to hit more then 1-3, but it's actually good even as a single target spell now!

Really nice for my Assasin Spellblade.

Edited by Haplok

That depends on the subclasses. E.g. a Steel Garrote/Bloodmage is superb with Whispers of the Endless Paths/Offensive Parry. Offensively as well as defensively. Casting while at the same time dealing dmg and draining health via parries. 

A Bleak Walker I would either play as sturdy offensive caster with Blightheart/Eternal Devotion for the corrosive/burning lashes on spells - or as sturdy melee frontliner with Spirit Lance.

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

17 hours ago, Boeroer said:

That depends on the subclasses. E.g. a Steel Garrote/Bloodmage is superb with Whispers of the Endless Paths/Offensive Parry. Offensively as well as defensively. Casting while at the same time dealing dmg and draining health via parries. 

A Bleak Walker I would either play as sturdy offensive caster with Blightheart/Eternal Devotion for the corrosive/burning lashes on spells - or as sturdy melee frontliner with Spirit Lance.

Thanks! I chose a  Goldpact/Vanilla wizard , and it has been fun. It feels like a 'bard' class since I am a jack of all trades.  

Does a bleak walkers FoD have 2 lashes (corrosive/fire)  for 15 seconds after casting FoD?  That would be a fun build.  

No, only the FoD-attack of Bleak Walkers itself has two lashes. The following attacks (during Eternal Devotion) have the same 10% burning lash like any Paladin would have. But Blightheart adds a 10% corrosive lash to spells.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods