Hello all!

1) So, I'm ready to start my first complete playthrough. My main goal is RP and immersion; better if the mechanics also work, but it's not the main goal. With that in mind I've devised two possible watchers I really like, but I'm undecided about which one to play. So I'd like to expose them here and ask you which one is your favourite, who do you like the most or think will be more fun to play.

2)
I also have doubts about wich combat class would better fit the second character, to make a melee Fury: a paladin or a barbarian (the corpse eater subclass is for flavour, don't mind if subpar). I would like some advice on that.

Without further ado:

===================================
female_human_04_lg.png.e872d103f6cec9dc0af687c7785027f2.png
FIAMMETTA, the fire wasp
Class: Darcozzi Paladini / Soul Blade Cypher
--------------------------------------------------------------
Race: Meadow Folk
Background: Old Vailia (Dissident)
Stats (with Berath's Blessings):
MIG: 15
CON: 10
DEX: 15
PER: 18
INT: 17
RES: 15

Active Skill: Arcana, Athletics
Passive Skill: Insight, Diplomacy, History

Weapon & Equipment:
- Dual wield of medium edge weapon and small blade (sword/dagger, Rapier/stiletto, etc.)
- From light to medium armour, max. of breastplate
Story:
Fiammetta was adopted into House Marzana, an offset of the Darcozzi, at a young age. An orphan from the street , she quickly prove her worth as an agile, sharp and diligent worker, even when she dabbled in the wit and intrigue that permeate the noble houses of Vailia. Her mental prowess and excellent duelling skill led her to the ranks of the Paladini assigned to the House, where she quickly found her call and position, usually acting as a lone agent, messenger, agitator and prominent pawn in the Great Game of the Vailian court.
After the events of the Broken Revolution that led to the razing of House Marzana and the execution of most of their members, Fiammetta managed to flee on a smugglers boat, destined to the far land of Dyrwood...
Personality:
Fiammetta is witty and outspoken, as sharp with her words as she is with her blade. She has a profound love of life and a fierce impulse to live it to its limits, staying in the present and enjoying what it brings.
She is an anarchist at hearth, convinced that she has to carve her own path even if it is with steel and fire; and she has a soft spot toward the downtrodden and forgotten, the place where she came. She tries
to do what she feel is right, using her powers to make a difference where she can, and always looking for freedom at each turn.

God(s): Wael, Hylea

tumblr_nlusbnX4191rn8nkfo1_500.jpg.7e41528ac005474edf45afcead7206f2.jpg
KAHURA, the storm bird
Class: Corpse Eater Barbarian / Fury Druid  OR  Kind Wayfarer Paladin / Fury Druid
Race: Island Aumaua
Background: Deadfire Archipielago (Explorer)
Stats (with Berath's Blessings):
MIG: 16
CON: 10
DEX: 14
PER: 17
INT: 18
RES: 15
Active Skill: Arcana, Athletics, Alchemy (minor)
Passive Skill: Diplomacy, Insight, Metaphysics, Religion (minor)
Weapon & Equipment:
Prioritizing Aumaua style, low tech low metal equipment.
- Two Handed blunt weapons, mainly quarterstaves. Also axes, spears and pikes.
- From light to medium armour, mainly non metallic
Story:
Kahura was raised in one of the islands of the archipelago. Her connection with the land was strong, and she started to commune with nature and spirits form a young age. As such, she received tutelage from the storm-speaker of her tribe and under her wing she developed and mature her powers. Kahura was destined to be the next shaman of her tribe, but her bond with the storms was too strong and that started to pour into her character. More restless with each passing season, the small confines of her island started to feel like a prison as she longs for new horizons, experiences, adventures; to ride the winds and waves as free as the giant thunder birds that sometimes overflew her village. When she couldn’t hold it anymore, she departed as a storm-speaker in a merchant vessel, where she travelled for 3 years before reaching the Dyrwood, where, curious about the land, she decided to stay for a couple of weeks.
Personality:
Kahura is an interesting mixture. On one hand, she has deeply embedded within her the responsibility toward her land and her people, the Huana; and even when she somewhat flew from them, she still feels a guide of the destiny of her country and comrades. She is gonna fight for their rights and for the greater good with all her hearth and teeth.
On the other hand, her soul feels deeply connected, almost at an unconscious level, with the storm. Her emotions run wild: if something angers her, it angers to the core and turns her into a tempest. If she desires something, she’s gonna go for it like a breaking thunder.
She is in control of the helm, but the sails... the sails tend to run wildly.
She enjoys the ride nonetheless.

God(s): Hylea, Ondra

Thank you all for your help!

Edited by Elthalas

Probably go with the second one because it's different.

First one is not bad. I don't think you can ever go wrong with Cipher once you get some levels going. Thing is that Cipher/Paladin is a very immobile character. So you'd be a front liner that requires some tankiness or a backliner that uses ranged weapons. It'll be a very straightforward character. Should be easy to generate focus due to flames of devotion, but I don't really see a synergy between these classes. I mean Paladin is a sturdy tank with some good alpha striking ability with FOD, but it doesn't really change the way a pure Cipher plays. It just makes it sturdier and hit a bit harder.

Second one you can do different things with. I've never tried Fury Druid so I don't know how that plays and I really don't know how that would work with Paladin or Barbarian. Perhaps someone else has tried it.

You should be aware of what you like in a character. Do you enjoy mobile characters? Monk is the most Mobile (although comes a bit late) and does the most dps. Fighter has less DPS, but more tankiness and adds AoE to attacks. Barbarian has minor AoE(Multiclassed) and gets some mobility through extra stride and very late gets a leap attack. It isn't a very sturdy class until later. I see my Barbarians fall far more often than other classes. Rogue has a lot of single target damage and adds mobility as well (escape can be obtained at lvl1).

Everything else just basically stands still and walks upto an enemy to hit them if they are frontliners. This means engagement and being stuck in corridors.

Edited by AeonsLegend