TacticalDescriptionOverride -1 Fixing broken mods.

I am trying to correct a mod for myself that was broken by the turn based patch.  I am thinking that the Line TacticalDescriptionOverride, -1 needs to be added to correct these things.

Where do you add this line in a gamedatabundle file to correct issues with mods that have items with the description of "arbalest" Or an ability description that shows "shaken on hit".  Is it supposed to be at the end, or at the beginning or a specific place somewhere else?  If someone could post a screenshot of an example of each that would be helpful.

(Nevermind, I have figured this out. I have corrected a MOD named "TT1 Unique Items" found here: https://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity2/mods/111

I am going to contact the Mod author and ask that he posts the changes I made.

Edited by coralzombie
  • Like 1

Here are all of the places where "Tactical" lines of code have to be added to comply with turn-based mode:
=============
Attacks
=============
( "RecoveryTimeID")....
"OverrideTacticalActionType": "None",

("DamageData": {....
"DamageType": "Burn",
"AlternateDamageType": "None",
"Minimum": 10,
"Maximum": 15,
"TacticalMinimumOverride": 0,
"TacticalMaximumOverride": 0,

=========================
Abilities
======================
"$type": "Game.GameData.GenericAbilityComponent, Assembly-CSharp",
"KeywordsIDs": [],
"DisplayName": 1840,
"Description": 341,
"DescriptionTactical": -1,
"UpgradeDescriptions": [
{
"String": 2640,
"StringTactical": -1
}

=======================
Status Effects
=======================
"OverrideDescriptionString": -1,
"OverrideDescriptionStringTactical": -1,

Edited by Grape_You_In_The_Mouth
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Disclaimer: I am neither a modder nor proficient with RegEx so someone else is more than welcome to correct or expand this. I also don't know if these will break the crap out of anything else.

Running these through Notepad++ Replace in Files and selecting a mod directory, including subfolders, and using regex makes a lot of the corrections that Grape_You_In_The_Mouth made.

I don't have one for StringTactical because I didn't see it in the files I was playing with but it's probably easy enough to figure out with some examples to work off of. Once the expressions were written, they only take a few minutes to apply to all the files and I was able to get most of the descriptions in The New Class project to work.

Find: (.*)"RecoveryTimeID": "(.*)",

Replace: \1"RecoveryTimeID": "\2",\r\n\1"OverrideTacticalActionType": "None",

Find: (.*)"Maximum": (.*),\r\n(.*)"Minimum": (.*)

Replace: \1"Maximum": (\2),\r\n\3"Minimum": (\4),\r\n\1"TacticalMinimumOverride": 0,\r\n\1"TacticalMaximumOverride": 0

Find: (.*)"Minimum": (.*),\r\n(.*)"Maximum": (.*)

Replace: \1"Minimum": (\2),\r\n\3"Maximum": (\4),\r\n\1"TacticalMinimumOverride": 0,\r\n\1"TacticalMaximumOverride": 0

Find: (.*)"Description": (.*),\r\n(.*)"DisplayName": (.*),

Replace: \1"Description": (\2),\r\n\3"DisplayName": (\4),\r\n\1"DescriptionTactical": -1,

Find: (.*)"DisplayName": (.*),\r\n(.*)"Description": (.*),

Replace: \1"DisplayName": (\2),\r\n\3"Description": (\4),\r\n\1"DescriptionTactical": -1,

Find: (.*)"OverrideDescriptionString": -1,

Replace: \1"OverrideDescriptionString": -1,\r\n\1"OverrideDescriptionStringTactical": -1,

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...