Suggested Game Ideas From Fans

Hello obsidian I really like your game grounded I have a couple ideas for it 2

The spear saddle: the spear saddle requires you to be Science level 5 

It's simple a saddle with a rope attached to a spear the player uses this item by throwing the spear at a bug such as /stinkbug/bee/other/ once the player throws it the spear attachs to the bug and the saddle Flys on the bug once the saddle is attached the player will be able to ride the bug but first you need to tame the bug by doing a timing bar mini game. Once that is done the player will be allowed to ride the bug freely 

• Like 1

Hello!

I played Grounded 1.0 with my boyfriend and had some general annoyances with the game. Upon seeing and playing 1.1, I can see you really do listen to feedback from the community! So first of all, I want to say thank you so much for taking the time to understand what players are asking for and providing solutions!

There are two suggestions I have currently relating to controls.

1. In a few areas of the game there is a lot of button mashing which can get pretty tiring to do over and over again. I would appreciate seeing a way to pick up multiple items that are next to you with a single button. One implementation of this feature I have seen is being able to press and hold the pick up key which will continue to pick up items as long as you are holding the button down.
  2. For the spinning wheels and grinders, could you please add a button to fill all the available slots with the currently selected recipe? About 95% of the time when I'm crafting Silk Rope or Crude Rope I want all 5 slots in the queue filled. It would really help reduce the amount of button presses if I could press a single button to fill the entire queue with the selected recipe.

Thank you again!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I know there are probably tons of suggestions for this but salty wizard staff. I know a popular build is to fill an inventory with javelins and spam throw them. Why not have the salt staff shoot a shard of salt to replace that build. This is late game area after all. And maybe for a charged attack, have the player slam the staff on the ground "you shall not pass"  Gandolf style and have salt shards emerge from the ground around the player stabbing enemies before crumpling away. For continuity, why not have a similar charged mint staff attack where instead of a more powerful forward attack, tap the ground for a broader area attack around the player. Would be useful for the mint staff that slows enemies as a get away option when surrounded and overwhelmed by enemies. The direct downside that keeps it from being too OP is that you're open to taking more damage from the insect around you while you wait for the attack to charge.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hello grounded game developers, first love the game its super fun and enjoyable but something I would really like is if you would add couch co op, both me and my fiance love playing your game and it would be great I'd we could play it together without having to buy a hole other xbox.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I’ve been playing this game for a little over a month and I absolutely LOVE it. 

A suggestion I have to to add cute jumping spiders. They would be harmless like aphids and weevils, and you would be able to use some kind of slurry to make them your pet. A cool feature they could have if you make them your pet is they can catch gnats for you. Upon death they could drop jumping spider fur (for the stuffed JS) and maybe some spider silk. 

I would really like this creature to be added to the game plus they would just be super cute!

Hello, first off amazing game. I can honestly say it's one of my favorites to play. 

As far as suggestions I do have a few ideas from my time playing. I do understand that not everyone will agree and that's okay they are just ideas.

Tame various bugs. Each tameable bug has different strengths. Ants could scavenge supplies for you, perhaps you could fly around on a bee, etc.

Have various loadouts you can switch between as long as you have the proper gear in your inventory. This loadouts would switch your mutations, armor and trinkets around.

Upgradeable backpack

As far as another boss, perhaps a tarantula that was a pet of one of the kids, and somehow it's cage got knocked out of the bedroom window or something and it got loose in the yard.

Personally I feel the crow should be more of a threat to the player.

Weather would add an interesting mechanic to the game 

An upgradeable glider that works like the dandelion tuff

Thank you for reading. I am sure I will think of more as time goes on but for now I will call it good. 

On 7/18/2023 at 9:41 PM, WhiteSoda said:

I’ve been playing this game for a little over a month and I absolutely LOVE it. 

A suggestion I have to to add cute jumping spiders. They would be harmless like aphids and weevils, and you would be able to use some kind of slurry to make them your pet. A cool feature they could have if you make them your pet is they can catch gnats for you. Upon death they could drop jumping spider fur (for the stuffed JS) and maybe some spider silk. 

I would really like this creature to be added to the game plus they would just be super cute!

Adding to this idea, there are some spiders that keep tiny frogs as pets to help keep their nest free of pests. So something like that could definitely be reasonable.

There's one change that I think the game needs in regards to balance and that's Thorns

Currently thorns only works when you take damage to your health and will reflect that damage back, but that's contrary to the way you are meant to play the game with perfect blocking being key to success. A set amount of damage enemies who make contact will take would work better in the game and make black ant armor a much better armor to use. I considered suggesting reflecting damage on perfect block, but that method may be overpowered. Somewhere from 7-10 damage for thorns effect per effect is probably a reasonable amount, enough to kill a mite in two hits and a boss in hundreds.

• 3 weeks later...

My son playes this game daily and wanted me to add a few suggestions. His first was to add a grapple hook/Grapple gun which could be made from 1- Red Ant mandible , 1- Fire Ant mandible, 1- Black ant mandible, 20- lint thread, and 5 acorn shells. The gun would be made of 3 Green shield bug parts, 5 gunpowder clumps, and 1 Acorn shell. His other suggestion is to add a catapult made from 1- ash cement, 1-acorn top, 10-bug rubber. 

• 2 weeks later...

This game is one of my favorites and I have a few suggestions.

First, I think that there should be flies in this game, and that they would be like a higher level bee. They would be neutral, but will attack you on sight in the garbage heap like the bees at the picnic table.

I think you should be able to tame all neutral bugs, and ride some like bees, roly polies, fire flies, and so forth.

Another boss should be a lizard or toad, that is the last boss in progression. The lizard could be under the sandbox, and the toad could be in a wet cavern in the Moldorc Highlands.

There should also be a fire ant queen boss that when killed, drops some sort of liquid to make a armor to neutralize and tame fire ants. The armor can control at least twenty ants at once, so you can have your own small fire ant army. The armor does not have a lot of defense however, and by using toad, or lizard scales, will make it reinforced and have more defense.

On 8/30/2023 at 7:55 AM, Krupilchump said:

Some really good ideas there. I really like the sand ideas.

@Krupilchump I like the ideas in there a bunch!!! But baby bugs seems kinda odd. In reality, bugs start off as a grub, or larvae, both of which are already in game, one of them being hostile, and the other doing absolutely nothing. A pet baby bug doesn’t seem practical. HOWEVER a pet ant would be absolutely sick!!! Having a bunch of ants as like a bunch of hunting dogs would make the game all the more interesting!

• 1 month later...

What if we did a halloween grounded event every year on halloween all the bugs you killed respawn looking zombified like Wendells neighbor is a witch that drop's a potion in the yard and it brings all the bugs you kill to life hostile and none hostile they attack you in wave from peaceful up to super aggressive then bosses and if you beat all the waves you earn a exclusive pumpkin armor and weapon plus you fight a giant pumpkin spider that respawns to look zombified in and infected For the final wave and the difficulty is based on  how many bugs you killed witch get buffs accordingly

Rewards are based on how many wave you beat  

• 2 weeks later...