Suggested Game Ideas From Fans

On 8/8/2020 at 6:40 PM, christopher reece said:

personally id like to see seasons, but  i know how much of a mountain that would be as well...rare spawns....as well as means of advancing from stone age with higher tech looking stuff, oh yah did i mention Pvp!? but i would like an AUTOSORT BUTTON For my Loot That goes into chests while im near a chest that has the same items in it, takes up a preposterous amount of time to sort inventory!?! 

Yes! Auto sort 

• Like 1

Hello Obsidian and anyone who would read this. Been playing alot lately and have found just about everything. Just made it to the birdbath.... Elevator system. Pulleys, platforms, counterweights. Stem platform, acorn top roof, lots of spider silk rope, clay and pebble counterweight. I'm feeling very Robinson Caruso. Maybe a repelling rope and climbing rope and tackle? Once you have been to a high place you can set anchors to climb it again but without hauling stuff.

I think I read some speculation of crossbows. That'd be nice.

Would love to see some endgame/midgame/earlygame bosses. Like the brood mother on the Frisbee in the hedge. I read that it's currently out of the game.

Only thing I haven't seen anyone mention is feather armor. Like a squirrel suit. Low armor but more forward movement than a dandelion tuft.

A rail system maybe? Acorn tops as wheels and stems for rails. Or maybe a Valheim like cart to move more stuff.

Slides, these are kids, having a slide or tube slide would be fun. 3 or 4 grass planks rolled over and held with stems, rope, and thistle thorns. Some wacky creations could be made. 

Loving the game, looking forward to the complete story. Want to know what's in the other lab(s).

Thanks.

• Like 4

I don't usually post to game forums, but my friend and I love playing this game so much, we can spend hours together in this beautiful world Obsidian has crafted for us. So I really wanted to sign up and give my input on what to see in future updates. My friend and I both play on PC; they play with a KB+M, I play with an Xbox Series S controller. I'll go through my thoughts one by one.

I'm a bit of a slow reader so I skipped to the last page of this thread, and so if I repeat anything already suggested, consider it a +1 from me!

As @PhilKill2 already said, one thing my friend and I are always wanting is a minimap. I can see the argument against it, but I think it would be cool if you could toggle it in the settings. The menu is kind of cumbersome to get through even with a controller, and the map is something I am constantly having to bring up even when utilizing markers. I have a hard time with spacial orientation and even after hours of gameplay I have a really hard time figuring out where I am without using the map at some point in my journey. 

We like the idea of being able to "farm" aphids. Looking at the Grounded Feature Board, I see something called "Insect Pets Phase 1: Aphids" and I'm not sure what that will entail, but I like these ideas: being able to lure them into a fenced off area, using them to farm meat and aphid dew, and also having to protect them from ladybugs and ants. 

My friend was quite disappointed to hop into Creative mode and see that there are no bug spawns. We both hoped it would be similar to another game, where you would have the ability to craft and have non-hostile mobs, and it also sounded perfect for a future photo mode, to be able to get cool shots set up with bugs. We would love the ability to have Creative mode with non-hostile mobs (although, maybe they could become hostile if you attack first?)

A list of bugs we'd be thrilled to see added to the game, even if the idea of some of them terrify us: mantids, butterflies, and centipedes; as well as seasonal bugs, like june beetles during the day and cicadas at night in the summer. Cicada shells would be an interesting material to craft with. They also aren't all bugs, we also discussed worms after rain, and seasonal frogs in the pond during summer, after a spring of tadpoles. One idea that I love is being able to reach the picnic table, and the wood being infested with termites, which is that region's ant replacement. 

I see that Weather is already on the Feature Board, but I hope that seasons are too. Maybe not extreme winter with snow as that might be too difficult and kill most insects, but a light frost would be neat.

One complaint we have is that our first server was set to Medium difficulty, and at a certain point we were kind of stuck in a rut because we couldn't get strong enough to take on more powerful bugs like wolf spiders. Actually, my friend almost wanted to stop playing due to how often they were being massacred en masse by groups of mosquitos. We were also both wearing acorn armor in this instance. So we made a new Mild save and it's almost too easy. It is still very fun, obviously, as we spend hours playing it, but we don't hold much fear if at all for the mobs. Maybe we're just bad players lol, but the spike in difficulty seems pretty extreme to us? We would love to see a system that scales difficulty based on the amount of players with a hard limit set by the server host.

I actually end up changing my SCA.B themes quite often for fun and would love even more! I would like more diverse colours, too.There was one SCA.B suggestion I have that is new, which is the ability to play music tracks.

We would really like to be able to swim while holding grass planks or weed stems.

This is just a flavor text thing, but me and my friend was really hoping that if we both pressed X on BURG.L at the same time, we could revive him faster. We wanted to help him together, lol!

Also, at one point in the game, my friend played as Max and I as Pete. I was halfway across the map, and Max triggered the explosion of the Oak Lab. This triggered Pete and Max's dialogue, but the dialogue is saying Pete pressed the button. I assume this is because there isn't more dialogue yet to work with, or is a bug. But, we would love to see more interactions like that. Right now the voice lines are pretty repetitive and we savour all the little moments when the kids talk to each other and interact. Maybe branching dialogue options depending on if other characters are in the lobby while there's a dialogue currently going. So that if it's just characters A and B, the dialogue ends, but if character C is in the server, there's more dialogue. The kids all have personality even with the little lines we have so far and we'd love to hear more of them interacting.

Finally, it would be cool to have a way to purify dirty water, as well as more food sources that require higher tiers to mine, like totally unbranded nacho cheese flavor-blasted tortilla chips (cough), or a blue electrolyte sports drink that gives you a small, temporary boost to stamina.

If you made it here, thanks for giving my post a read and listening to my input. I'm looking forward to whatever you guys are gonna put out!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/30/2021 at 12:27 PM, PhilKill2 said:

Hi folks, if you had the idea of a small compass in the HUD, that would help immensely with orientation in the garden

Make it a part of the SCA.B even

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I accidently started a new topic before noticing this is where we post suggested content. Anyways, here's the big idea... 

Recently my friend and I have been playing a lot of Grounded and we enjoy the game very much. We like talking about future updates that might potentially come out and cool things that the developers could add to the game that would be very fun and interesting to play around with. We understand that there is presumably a clear content path that the developers are working hard at, but this idea was so good that I couldn't help but pitch it.

The Sandpit Update

The sandpit would be exactly what it sounds like; a child's sandbox with various toys and treasures within. This area would be the equivalent of a desert biome and add great tone and variety to the backyard. It could be located near the picnic table or beside the garage and the unique desert-type biome would have its own original features, resources, and lab much like the hedge and the koi pond. The terrain would include sand dunes, barren wastes and foliage from the yard (sticks, twigs, etc...) 

Features may include;

- Sand (resource, harvestable by shovel - glass potential?)

- A Sand castle filled with bugs (location - lab??)

- Sand Castle Tools (landmarks)

- Beetle (Scarab type neutral bug - maybe rideable?)

- Thirst depletes faster in the sandpit (Survivability feature)

- Desert Temple BURG.L Chip (Sandpit Lab)

The list goes on and on, this idea was too good to keep to myself! please like this post and reply and give it some love so that the developers see it! I am confident that they will take this idea and skyrocket it and create epic content !

Below is my proposed located and some very amateur concept art lol! please make this happen!

Sandpit (grounded).png

• Like 1
  • Gasp! 2

Hi, I can not switch between Creative and Survival.
Is it possible to start a game in Creative Mode, build some things, then load into that same game in Survival instead to play with friends?
I don't know if this makes a difference, but I am on Xbox?

Also, Some Suggestion for improvements?
In Build Mode, the ability to "Mirror" objects. Namely, the newly added Spiral staircases. 
Also, there are no "Ceilings". I know you can use floor panels, but then the new FireFly Hanging lights don't hang from the Floor Panels? Only from Roof Panels.

• Like 1

Perhaps there could be two versions of a hardcore mode- one where you and your friends only have one life per person total, and one where each teen has one life, so in singleplayer you get four lives with each of the four teens, in two player, you can have two "lives" each, or a 1/3 split, with three players only one of the players gets a second life, and four players would play out like the first version unless someone leaves the game instead of dying, which allows the unplayed teen as an extra life, same way with the other versions.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've been enjoying using the Clay and Pebble along with Stem building components to build a castle style home base.  Wanted to put some ideas down for more unlockable objects to build.

• Would like to see a 1/4 Clay and Pebble block (1/4 of the normal space.
  • Fully stem made stair case
  • 1/2 stem floor. (I use the 1/2 grass floor as shelving)
  • Single stem that can be stacked to make a column
  • 1/4 size clay and pebble round for making columns

Keep up the great work!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/21/2020 at 8:29 PM, Alana Pendleton said:

Hello! I wanted to suggest a third person option. I and many others get motion sickness, headaches...ect when playing first person games. I see so many fun games that i cant play due to them being first person. This game looks awesome!

They have a third person option, the controls depending on what platform you're using. I know on xbox you hold in LB and it brings up a wheel, you can choose third person from it. Most people Don't know it's there. I actually discovered it by accident. Hope this helps. ^_^

On 7/21/2020 at 9:56 AM, BunderTurb said:

As far as I've seen in the game, there are no ambush enemies, so it would be really cool to implement certain bugs that will hide from you and only attack when the player isn't looking. A good bug to take this role would be the Orchid Mantis. They hide inside Orchids and when the player walks past the Mantis will jump from the top onto the player. By making this enemy you would also have to make an Orchid forest.

Wolf spiders man wolf spuders 😭🤣 one was hiding in a leaf and scared the crap outta me! Felt like a set up to me! Lol. No, it would be cool if there was ambushed enemies though. 🤔

Hello Grounded Dev team, just wanted to start by saying i found myself completely immersed in this world you have created and love the game so much already as a huge fan of survival games. My suggestion is that I'd like to see maybe some sort of ACID ARROW from either larva or bombardier beetle glands maybe tier 2 made with feather arrows. I tend to be a range centered survival player using throwables and arrows so it would be nice to see how different play styles create different variations of survival based on preference. Maybe even Rope arrows with a climbing action similar to the ladders perhaps.

• Like 1

I would love to see a a cart that could hold 2 or 3 pallets because getting weed steams and planks from point A to B isn’t fun. I would also like to a half walls and floors made from “Weed Stem” also “Weed Stem stairs” would be great me personally I like the stem building and the grass stairs don’t go with most of my designs. Next, I would love for there to be a way to get mats out of the water it’s funny I’ve jumped and lost at least 40 to 50 planks in the water it was cool at first then I saw the massive amount of wasted mats.

I want there to be a way that you could get rid of random larger branches and leaves and the big grass scrubs by the Oak Tree.

I would love to see a a cart that could hold 2 or 3 pallets because getting weed steams and planks from point A to B isn’t fun. I would also like to a half walls and floors made from “Weed Stem” also “Weed Stem stairs” would be great me personally I like the stem building and the grass stairs don’t go with most of my designs. Next, I would love for there to be a way to get mats out of the water it’s funny I’ve jumped and lost at least 40 to 50 planks in the water it was cool at first then I saw the massive amount of wasted mats.

I want there to be a way that you could get rid of random larger branches and leaves and the big grass scrubs by the Oak Tree.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Hello
I wanted to ask if it is possible to make more symbols for the chests. I am a player who likes to organize it and actually has a chest for every single item, but it is becoming increasingly difficult to remember where I am due to the increasing number of items I've stored my things. I think it would be best if there were the same symbols as they are shown in my inventory, so it would always be clear what is in the chest.
  • Like 1

Good day,
* It would be nice to see a lesser durable version of a shield made from acorn shells.
* a sled, so we can harvest materials faster over long distances, or an upgrade to the size of the inventory slot.
* maybe, ride an ant. 😁

* "RAIN" (KILLER RAIN!) - there will be a countdown before the rain or maybe just thunder, a few hours before the rain. It will be dangerous to go out in the rain, you need to craft an item for this. Some areas will be inaccessible during RAIN, you need to run for shelter. Raindrops will be dangerous!
(Thank you for reading my suggestion)

• Like 1

Some ideas that came out to my mind while playing these last few days.

It would be amazing to have more diversity in enemies. As a garden owner i can totally feel the lack of centipedes, ****roaches, worms and snails. And mantises! Each and everyone with a different material that has to be used to craft their armor sets. If that is not juicy already, imagine what a Lizard could add in terms of gameplay for example. A relentless enemy too big for you to fight and that poses a constant threat to your hard-earned house. Also more interactions with the crow... For example having worms could lead to having a crow's "feeding ground" where you can find more feathers, but where you could also be seen as food by the crow. And what about giving some love to the common fly? In my garden flies are everywhere so having none in game is kind of wrong.

It would also be amazing to have more "building tools". We have, as of now, four different tools (Axes, Hammers, Shovels and Daggers to gather underwater). But building is not just made with that. You could use for example a wheelbarrow (that could require some modifications to the big pebbles you can actually destroy. Instead of giving you multiple pebblets it could give a couple bigger pebblets you can only load on a wheelbarrow). Or for example give multiple uses to the same material (thinking about the berries... so in the end you could make leathers at the working bench, or berry juice if you use them at the smoothie basin, or maybe berry paste if used with a mortar and pestle. There's space for lots of customizations here).

As for mechanics. Some bugs use their exoskeletons to defend themselves better. So hitting for example a scarab with a lvl 1 hammer could either "chip" their armor and drop a scale you have to quickly grab before it turns aggressive on you, or could break their armor completely (more scale drops and armor drops to 0). Again, lots of customizations.

Speaking of customizations. It would be good to have the different needs and survivability-related issues to be defined pre game. For example a bar going from 0 to 5 that defines how many times a day you need to eat/drink. Same goes for sleeping and so on. So at the beginning you can decide to play a game where you feel no survival needs or if you want a hellish gameplay with every need topped up. On the same note, weather has already been said. But that would be just the start... With the rain season comes the danger of floodings making parts of the map more or less dangerous. One thing for sure i am missing is how the weather works on your stats. A sunny day will obviously deplete your water bar quickly while a rainy day would probably keep you moist. And so on.

Ridables is one thing that has been already said, and i second that with few exceptions. Riding an Ant? yes, definitely good as a "working and building ride". Riding a spider? no. Spiders are fierce predators.

That said... thanks to whoever got till the end of this long wall of text. Hope to see a good game get even better!

• Like 1

Hello Grounded Devs, my suggestion is...

Can we make the "Arachnophobia Mode" be more customizable?

I mean what's already there is good, but I feel it kinda ruins some aspects of dealing with them. Reducing them to orbs is helpful, but it also makes fighting them a little more harder. Y'see, I like to play the game in 3red person, because I like being able to see from many angles at once. (good for spotting spiders from a distance) But when I reduce them to orbs, it makes finding them a little tougher. I like to use the legs at an indication on their movement patterns, but because they are orbs, I'm a little less accurate on my attacks. I tries the other settings, but they were still kinda scary.

I suggest adding more options to the timid players to allow them to alter parts of the spider to their liking.

Let's say someone don't the head on the spider, you can toggle that off and just have the body and legs.

Or (what I prefer) Is fine with everything else, but the eyes, you can either edit the to look like stage 5 Arachnophobia Mode to where it's just the 2 pairs of eyes, while keeping the legs and fangs.

I think giving players more options to tweak a spiders appearance would a huge improvement for Arachnophobia Mode.

• Like 1