Began a tactician/forbidden fist to test tanky dps build, self heal+forbidden fist as an interrupt to restore discipline. Not sure if it's worth it. Seems tough to manage for synergy. Thought maybe I'd just run in and, if I got flanked, I'd benefit from the shaken and confused running out, then interrupting with forbidden fist among others to restore discipline. Maybe not low enough int. Not sure if the discipline is being restored, either..

Gonna play something else for now, but if ya know anything about synergy for this build, I'd appreciate some input!

• Thanks 1

You have to interrupt their action to restore discipline - that means you have to hit them during their attack phase. If you hit them during the recovery phase it doesn't count as interrupting their action. To interrupt a melee attacker it's very hard because the action window is very short. Casters are the main candidates for interrupting (when you're successful they also lose their spell).

Edited by Kaylon
  • Thanks 3

When enemies are casting a spell or ability you'll see a little icon above them indicating what they are attempting to cast. If you interrupt them, say by knock down or mulekick, during this phase, you'll get the discipline point back and will also prevent them from casting.

On 3/24/2020 at 2:50 PM, Tagvolatile1 said:

Thought maybe I'd just run in and, if I got flanked, I'd benefit from the shaken and confused running out, then interrupting with forbidden fist among others to restore discipline.

just to add here - the shaken and confused that get applied when you get flanked aren't on a timer - they're there as long as you're flanked, so forbidden fist (or things like suppress affliction or liberating exhortation) won't help here. (however, things like svef work like gangbusters)

even without a cipher in your party, you can still get mileage out of a tactician because most hard fights are solo boss encounters, so with some perception resistence (to avoid bosses with persistent distraction's flanked) you'll very easily get permanent resource regeneration.

Edited by thelee
  • Thanks 1