I have enough of the first game and of all characters i played there solo, wizard was just the strongest in most of the fights. I know, that i can do everything rather easy in the second game with a single class monk. So, how good is a wizard? I remember playing one, but i think he lacked on acc to hit enemies, but i had not so much knowledge about the spells. So, how is he doing against the megabosses?

If you take Bloodmage you will be fine. Recently there was a confirmed single class Bloodmage who sucessfully did the Ultimate Challenge for Deadfire (which is so much harder than with PoE). So: totally viable for normal solo game. 

• Thanks 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

51 minutes ago, AeonsLegend said:

Noob questions here. Who is that following him there? Is that Vela? How do you get her to follow you like that? And why is all HP marked as a ?

That's Vela(Hylea challenge).And ?? instead of numbers is Wael challenge. 

signature2jpg-SM2.jpg

Hm ok and how do you do those? Is there an option when starting a new game to set those challenges? I got so bored of the beginning of the game that I now reuse my old save games when starting a new character. Starts after arriving at Neketaka and then I just reset my character with unityconsole. So I hardly ever create a char from scratch.

4 minutes ago, AeonsLegend said:

Hm ok and how do you do those? Is there an option when starting a new game to set those challenges? I got so bored of the beginning of the game that I now reuse my old save games when starting a new character. Starts after arriving at Neketaka and then I just reset my character with unityconsole. So I hardly ever create a char from scratch.

check  first 3 seconds of Orz run to see where can you turn it on

signature2jpg-SM2.jpg

Schon interessant wie er das macht, aber ist auch ziemlich mühsam muss ich sagen. Außerdem ist Magier wie ich sehe, ziemlich nerfed im Gegensatz zum ersten Spiel. Da konnte man Nin's Shadowflame sofort casten, hier hat man ne casting time von 4+ Sekunden, dass ist ja voll aids, ne danke. Das gilt anscheinend für fast alle spells, die nicht selfbuffs sind. Schade.

Edited by baldurs_gate_2

2 hours ago, Boeroer said:

Bisschen in der Sprache vertan, wa?

Ups yes 😃

I said, i figured the cheese strategy out from the blood mage video. But they downgraded the mage heavily from the first game. There you could spam nin's shadowflame without any casting time, now you have to wait at least 3 seconds for the most cc or evoker spells, that's just insane and opens you up for getting hit much easier.

The difference is that casting times in Deadfire get influenced by attack speed modifiers and DEX - so you can shorten the casting time. In PoE only recovery was influenced and only with DEX could you shorten the casting animation.

You have to compare Wizards to the other classes of Deadfire and not with Wizards of PoE. Deadfire is a whole different game. All characters share the new mechanics, that means enemies cast more slowly as well. For the new interrupt system to make any sense the casting times have to be longer. Else the player wouldn't really have a chance to use interrupts at all. So even if the Wizard in Deadfire has longer casting times: everyone else has that. But that doesn't mean that the Wizard is a weak class in the scope of the game. 

I also wouldn't tie the question whether Wizards are weaker or not to one single spell. 

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods