Just wanted to share this. You've probably seen it, or not. Even better if it's the latter. Class: Monk/Barbarian. Weapon: Lord Darynn's Voulge (Maxed). Possibly the highest DPS build I've had. I also ave seen over 500 damage at higher levels, but I never took a screenshot. Imagine this with Heartbeat drumming added and with Blood Thirst so you can do this again and again. Imagine having a party of healers and buffers and really strong characters that can make themselves invulnerable and when they're done casting everything this character will have already cleared the room solo.

LordDarynnStuff.jpg

• Like 2

It states in the window to the right. It's Swift Flurry which gives 33% chance to another hit on a crit. so I got lucky here. With the correct build and both Swift Flurry and Heartbeat Drumming it's almost a guarantee that you're going to hit again on a crit. As long as deflection is low enough. So this works best when you focus an enemy with low deflection and lots of HP so you can rack up the hits. Note is that the AoE hits from the Voulge cannot be missed, they are a guaranteed hit. So this works wonders on enemies that have insane deflection and you can hit them anyways 😄

Is that PotD? Because I often find that Swift Flurry/Heartbeat Drumming don't work very well in those encounters where it matters most. Vs. "trash mobs" they are golden of course.

Particular reason for Barbarian and not Fighter? I mean Disciplined Strikes + Mob Stance. Should be even easier to chain-crit with Swift Flurry/HBD I would presume?  On the other hand a Berserker + Barbaric Blow and Bloody Slaughter may also be crittin' a ton. But you'd need DoC Breastplate or Lobster in your belly. :)

By the way: do you know if Static Charge/Thunder hits proc Avenging Storm?

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

This is Veteran mode, so I can imagine it's not as succesful on PotD. The reason I've selected Barbarian over Fighter is because of the multitude of statuseffects I can get as a Barbarian. The Voulge is stronger on a Barbarian as it will put an unmissable Disorient effect for 10 seconds on everyone when you crit an enemy. Meaning (Disoriented characters suffer -5 Perception, are considered Flanked and have +50% Recovery after their actions.). Fighter is better on AoE extra hits and such, and has better defenses, but he doesn't get the disorient effect. Also Spirit Tornado allows you to Terrify everyone around you and has the nifty Stagger on hit effect. So with 1 ability and this build I can put 4 negative effects on enemies of which 3 in an AoE. So I don't get Clear Out or Mob Stance to deal with instant AoE's, but I do get Blood Thirst so when an enemy goes down I can do it again.

I do have the Devil of Caroc Breastplate. It's the first thing I steal when getting to Neketaka :D. You may still want to get intellect immunity when fighting those Vampires. You don't want to be confused and instagib your own party. Like I said the AoE from the Voulge cannot be blocked. Well unless you're immune to Electric damage and it's possible lashes.

Static charge does get benefit from Lashes like Turning Wheel and Aefyllath Ues Mith Fyr, but as far as I know they do not trigger on hit effects. I have not tried Druid with the voulge, so I can't be sure. My gut says it doesn't proc. 

To get this to work on PotD I'd offer that I you add Confounding Blind and Karabörü to the party together with Phantom Foes and Expose Vulnerabilities you can lower enemy deflection a fair bit allowing for easier crits. Like I said before I always focus lowest deflection enemies with the Voulge builds. Almost every encounter has some of those, even on PotD.

This looks amazing, AeonsLegend. I've played druids using the Voulge as a stat stick, but this seems like a much better use of this amazing weapon. You play a Helwalker for the STR boost, right? I believe I see the Helwalker status icon on your screen shot. Have you found the raw damage from Berzerker magnified by the Helwalker incoming damage boost to be a problem? Am I correct in assuming that you'd want max PER and INT for this build, for crits and a large carnage radius? I imagine you'd want high CON as well, and that STR, DEX and RES are not as important.

Edited by dgray62

47 minutes ago, dgray62 said:

This looks amazing, AeonsLegend. I've played druids using the Voulge as a stat stick, but this seems like a much better use of this amazing weapon. You play a Helwalker for the STR boost, right? I believe I see the Helwalker status icon on your screen shot. Have you found the raw damage from Berzerker magnified by the Helwalker incoming damage boost to be a problem? Am I correct in assuming that you'd want max PER and INT for this build, for crits and a large carnage radius? I imagine you'd want high CON as well, and that STR, DEX and RES are not as important.

It's actually Nalpazca. But even though that class is really strong I don't like the drugs hassle. So I usually play Shattered Pillar. The Berserker is weak early because the damage you get is pretty bad actually. But it becomes less of an issue later. I usually also stack tons of healing here. I have greater regeneration ring, Robust, Moonwell and The Moon's Light plus Lethandria's Devotion. That's a lot of healing ticks keeping people topped off.

Edited by AeonsLegend