Hello everyone!

I’m looking for a pro-Huana priestess of Berath, preferably multiclassed with ranger / fighter, fighting with a greatsword, a good mix of tankiness and dps with self buffing.

So I want an Island Aumaua equipped in Huana-themed items such as Reckless Brigandine, Karaboru (looks badass) or the sword from BW which benefits from religion (fits a priestess).

From RP perspective I want her to be a patriot, fighting with all other factions. Don’t know how good will it match the favored disposition of the Berath priest, so I don’t reject other priests, such as Magran for example.

Does anyone have a suggestion how to build her?

Thanks in advance

Probably best to go with Fighter for tankiness, but you can also go with Monk as they have more DPS than any other class by far if you go for crit build. Synergizes well with Karaboru as well with Monk for lot's of free hits per attack.

The only downside to multi with Priest is that some of the best abilities come at power level VIII such as Symbol of Berath and Incarnate at IX is also really strong as you get to summon Berath herself as the The Pallid Knight ánd The Usher.

I've tried single class Priest and it's pretty strong with all the buffs you can get, but you're going to have to wait for all those casts as the recovery time is pretty long.

Edited by AeonsLegend
  • Thanks 1

Nice idea. I would suggest Fighter multiclass because Mob Stance works a bit like Reckless Brigandine (mechanics are a bit different).  Defender Stance would also work. Pick Abraham as pet and use Armored Grace and you will be good in terms of attack speed. With Karabörü you want to take Disciplines Strikes I guess (because of the crit conversion) but Tactical Barrage is also nice for your spells. The summoned Great Sword is also nice by the way. Its corrosove lash is quite strong and scales with your "correct" dispositions (if they match Berath's preferred dispositions).

Clear Out is a nice combo with Karabörü since every crit in the cone can lead to a Karabörü-cone attack as well. 

Another option is Whispers of the Endless Paths. It is quite crazy with Clear Out (because lots of hits due to AoE*AoE mechanic).

What looks quite well with Reckless Brigandine is the Whitewitch Mask. It's also quite handy once you get overwhelmed (triggers Repulsive Visage then).

The other headgear (besides gear from the Seeker, Slayer, Survivor DLC) that looks nice with the Brigandine you can't get because you would have to kill the Queen to get it. So I think the only good looking headpiece (with the Brigandine) is the mask. 

• Thanks 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

2 minutes ago, AeonsLegend said:

Probably best to go with Fighter for tankiness, but you can also go with Monk as they have more DPS than any other class by far if you go for crit build. Synergizes well with Karaboru as well with Monk for lot's of free hits per attack.

The only downside to multi with Priest is that some of the best abilities come at power level VIII such as Symbol of Berath and Incarnate at IX is also really strong as you get to summon Berath herself as the The Pallid Knight ánd The Usher.

Yes, I can imagine a Helwalker/Priest of Berath not only fits thematically but Karabörü with Swift Flurry/Heartbeat Drumming could actually be a nice combo (never tried). By the way: Whispers of the Endless Paths "Offensive Parry" works with Swift Flurry/Heartbeat Drumming as well. 

Yes, the Helwalker's MIG boost (+1 MIG per wound) does stack with everything since it's a passive ability. The +1 INT per wound from Duality does not stack with INT inspirations because that's an active ability (all modals are actives - and it's also on the left side of the ability tree).

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

Yes, the Helwalker's MIG boost (+1 MIG per wound) does stack with everything since it's a passive ability. The +1 INT per wound from Duality does not stack with INT inspirations because that's an active ability (all modals are actives - and it's also on the left side of the ability tree).

Thanks. Hm, but that +50% damage taken though is something that always prevents me from picking this class. I don't want to walk into a group of Death Guards with bows that crit me for 120 damage...

It's only additive and can be countered rather effectively with underpenetration (if your armor is +1/+2+3 points higher than enemies' PEN). The dmg malus from underpenetration is actually a lot stronger than additive dmg bonuses due to double inversion of maluses. 

And Priests have some healing as well. Here the MIG does help.  

But yes: best not to stack 10 wounds when you get overwhelmed. Use them for Blade Turning instead or so. ;)

Devoted/Berath will be sturdier than Helwalker/Berath. I say Devoted since the OP seems to want to use Great Sword mainly and that's good with Devoted.

Also Fighter gets Unbroken at some point which is also cool with Berath (like a self-reviving Priest of Berath - or Tangaloa if Huana I guess).

For melee/party buffing/enemy debuff:

• Divine Mark: massive single target deflection debuff (-25) and burn damage.
  • Consecrated Ground: create some healing. Mind you this is in place and if you move out of the area it doesn't heal anymore.
  • Shining Beacon: fire damage and -10 deflection debuff on enemies!
  • Circle of Protection: all defenses buff +15, while inside the dome. Doesn't stack with things like moonwell so you can skip this if you have that.
  • Devotions for the Faithful: strength and accuracy buff for you and allies and the same as debuff on the enemy
  • Champion's Boon: Resolute and Tenacious +3 enemies engaged on 1 target (yourself obviously! :D). Stacks with Devotions of the Faithful.
  • Barring Death's Door: character can't die for x amount of time. Can be useful in a pinch.
  • Salvation of Time: extend duration of all buffs on party. Use this when everyone is done buffing.
  • Minor Avatar: major buffs on self
  • Shields for the Faithful: +20 deflection for everyone. Stacks with Circle of protection.

But seriously I still think Symbol of Berath (PL VIII) is one of the strongest AoE damage spells in the game. I played vs lvl 20 enemies, walked in on them. buffed myself while they're all hitting me in melee. Then cast the Symbol and then go get a coffee. Then when I'm back all melee enemies are dead due to this spell dealing over 700 corrode damage per enemy in a large AoE centered on the caster. If this spell came at level VII I'd play priest more often. Full priest doesn't get as strong in melee as other a multiclass, but dang this spell is insane. Something to think about for another time perhaps ;)

Edited by AeonsLegend

My general approach for a martial Priest would be to not pick too many priest spells per Power Level (you can mostly cast two per PL anyway and get one auto per PL) but those you want to use in almost every fight. Rest goes to passives and good fighter (or monk or whatver the second class is) actives. This takes away some flexibility but makes the combo more effective in most situations.

My choice (which is influenced by power a but also the theme) would be:

• Touch of Rot (auto), Blessing (if not 2nd class Fighter who already gets Disciplined Strikes, then either Restore, Interdiction or Holy Power - depends on what the other party members are/have)
  • Holy Meditation (auto), Spiritual Weapon (or if Karabörü is always in use and you don't plan to use the Spiritual Great Sword then Iconic Projection)
  • Spreading Plague (auto), Consecrated Ground
  • Divine Terror (auto), Devotions for the Faithful (it's just too good)
  • Rot Skulls (auto), Barring Death's Door, Revive the Fallen (here three spells per PL is fine with me because I'd never use Rot Skulls as a melee Priest anyway and Revive the Fallen is situational)
  • Salvation of Time (auto), Minor Intercession
  • Rusted Armor (auto), Minor Avatar, Resurrection (Rusted Armor and Resurrection are rather situational, so it's ok for me to have three on this PL)