The Good News Thread

Guard Dog

2 hours ago, Amentep said:

""When I heard about it, I called Jerry and asked if he would come help us out," Mount Pleasant Mayor Will Haynie told CNN. "After he looked it over, he said, 'There's your problem right there. It's backed up because you have one person checking people in.' Then he showed us how to do it right.""

They needed a professional for that, huh. πŸ˜›

• Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

17 minutes ago, Malcador said:

""When I heard about it, I called Jerry and asked if he would come help us out," Mount Pleasant Mayor Will Haynie told CNN. "After he looked it over, he said, 'There's your problem right there. It's backed up because you have one person checking people in.' Then he showed us how to do it right.""

They needed a professional for that, huh. πŸ˜›

It’s a government operation. Incompetence is just expected

• Haha 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Its amazing what you don't think of when you don't regularly organize events like this.

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

2 hours ago, Guard Dog said:

It’s a government operation. Incompetence is just expected

About the same as private sector, really.Β  Just thought it funny the example they gave.Β  Maybe it was just a glorified Chick Fil A commercial though... πŸ˜›

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

• 1 month later...
  • Like 3

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Doorbell video captures moment good Samaritan returns lost wallet in Florida

Kudos to him... I think I'd have just mailed it back.

Edited by Guard Dog
  • Like 2

Thomas Sowell

You know I can't update this thread without at least one critter story.... so here it is. From the Texas deep freeze a little while back:

Texas Family Spends 12 Hours In Car So Dog Can Give Birth In The Warmth

• Like 6

Thomas Sowell

• 2 months later...
On 3/21/2021 at 5:25 PM, Guard Dog said:

You know I can't update this thread without at least one critter story.... so here it is. From the Texas deep freeze a little while back:

Texas Family Spends 12 Hours In Car So Dog Can Give Birth In The Warmth

Those puppies are so cute 🐢

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John MiltonΒ 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -Β  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Β 

Β 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Thomas Sowell

Shaquille O'Neal pays for a stranger's engagement ring

Maybe he couldn't hit a free throw but Shaq is a good dude. This is not the first story I've seen where he's done something like this. Not the secondΒ  or the third either.Β 

• Like 2

Thomas Sowell

• 3 weeks later...

Good news for trees. Or good tree news:

Eighteen million trees to be planted around Glasgow

Ghana planted 5 million trees in a single day to combat deforestation and climate change

South Korea to Plant 3 Billion Trees to Help Reach Carbon Neutrality by 2050

Plus three years ago I planted three Bartlett Pear trees in my back yard. They are still too young for fruit but they are all in full bloom now, Very pretty!

• Like 6

Thomas Sowell

• 4 weeks later...

In honor of River the inspiration for Dogmeat 4, Xbox and Bethesda have donated $10,000 to the Montgomery county Humane Society

there have also been a number of tributes on the Nexus page. I like the one that puts a statue at the red rocket where are you first meet Dogmeat. River was one mans dog. But in a way she had millions of friends she never met.

• Like 2

Thomas Sowell

• 4 weeks later...
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thomas Sowell

Yet another case of liberals letting murderers loose!

• Gasp! 1