FutureTOW: Military Dialogue

If you belong to the Venn-diagram intersection of "TOW fan" and "Military", what little snippets of unique-to-your-world dialogue would you love to see happening in the background in future installments of TOW?  You know, those things that people in your branch always seem to say?  I'm thinking something like:

<comms box rings>

<comms box rings again>

<comms box rings a third time>

Chief: Petty Officer Friedrich!  INVESTIGATE THAT NOISE!

or 

<Chief is idly leaning by a wall, stropping the blade of one hand against the other as if sharpening a cleaver>

Petty Officer Gerrold: Hiya, Chief, whatcha doing?

Chief: <eyes Petty Officer Gerrold> Sharpening my knifehand.  What are YOU doing?

Petty Officer Gerrold: Uh, I just remembered that I have some maintenance to do.

Chief: As you were, then.

or, of course, any Chief Petty Officer starting a verbal counseling of any kind with the wielding of said knifehand and "Shipmate -- "

I'd love to hear from other military folks as to the kinds of verbal or visual memes that you experience in your day-to-day that you'd love to show up in the game!

[ Edited to add: I should mention that this is US Navy.  Absolutely would love to hear from other branches and other countries' militaries. ]

Edited by Jackalgirl
Attribution
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 3/19/2020 at 12:10 PM, Jackalgirl said:

knifehand and "Shipmate -- "

As a former SWO, I can attest to those being to the two most devastating weapons in the Navy's arsenal. ;) 

Anyway, I can totally envision the corporate guards questioning the judgment of randomly changing up the uniforms.  Especially those poor guys that work for Rizzo's:

Rizzo Guard 1: You see the new uniforms?
Guard 2: Geez.  Pink and white.  WTF, are we expected to blend into a pile of taffy or something?
Guard 1: All the other corporations went and switched to cool 
camo.  I guess this is what Rizzo's came up with.
Guard 2: So you know those big vats of Purpleberry we patrol?
Guard 1: What about 'em?
Guard 2: One slip, no-one will ever see you wearing that!  Probably wouldn't even notice you missing until some suit in Halcyon complains about ceramic fragments in their hooch.
Guard 1: 🎵 "Woah, Woah, Woah, that's Dark!" 🎵 

Edited by Ethics Gradient
  • Haha 1

On 7/22/2020 at 9:27 PM, Ethics Gradient said:

Guard 2: One slip, no-one will ever see you wearing that!  Probably wouldn't even notice you missing until some suit in Halcyon complains about ceramic fragments in their hooch.

Oh yes, that is some really really realness right there!

LOL