What Are You Playing Now: The Other, Other Thread

Amentep

Serial Cleaner, courtesy of @ShadySands. A very pleasant ~5-hour game (right about the time I like for simple-but-novel indie game concepts) about being hired by murderers to clean up dead bodies left behind while cops are patrolling the crime scene. Get in, avoid the cops, clean up, get out. Simple, but I thought pretty enjoyable and well-made for what it is. Thanks, Shady.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 7

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Yesterday I had after a long time more chilly experience with Dark Souls 2, much less deaths 😛  Seems like I have again became more relaxed and patient playing the game 😛 I have finished the Sinner's Rise and went to Huntsman's Copse. Where I have administered only 4 deaths, half of which were due to one item on a tower, where I failed to jump 😄

The Lost Sinner was for me exercise in patience. First few tries clearly failed due to me being impatient, trying to shoot soul arrows as much as possible 😛 During the 8th try my patience became almost perfect, but I have missclicked a button during the final few bosses HP, when I wanted to switch to new spell 😛 But thankfully 9th one went perfect, with just few hits to my head :)

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

1 hour ago, Mamoulian War said:

Yesterday I had after a long time more chilly experience with Dark Souls 2, much less deaths 😛  Seems like I have again became more relaxed and patient playing the game 😛 I have finished the Sinner's Rise and went to Huntsman's Copse. Where I have administered only 4 deaths, half of which were due to one item on a tower, where I failed to jump 😄

The Lost Sinner was for me exercise in patience. First few tries clearly failed due to me being impatient, trying to shoot soul arrows as much as possible 😛 During the 8th try my patience became almost perfect, but I have missclicked a button during the final few bosses HP, when I wanted to switch to new spell 😛 But thankfully 9th one went perfect, with just few hits to my head :)

Very good.

By the way, there are several quest chains that require to defeat certain bosses with an NPC companion being summoned and alive by the end. Nothing major, but might be interesting.
Also you can challenge the NG+ version of the boss if you have a bonfire ascetic, which also drops Old Witch Soul (though, it would be more useful for dex and pyromancy builds).

13 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

Serial Cleaner, courtesy of @ShadySands. A very pleasant ~5-hour game (right about the time I like for simple-but-novel indie game concepts) about being hired by murderers to clean up dead bodies left behind while cops are patrolling the crime scene. Get in, avoid the cops, clean up, get out. Simple, but I thought pretty enjoyable and well-made for what it is. Thanks, Shady.

I had the opportunity to meet Serial Cleaner devs once (they're Polish). They're pretty great guys - I'm glad that you liked their game.

27 minutes ago, Hawke64 said:

Very good.

By the way, there are several quest chains that require to defeat certain bosses with an NPC companion being summoned and alive by the end. Nothing major, but might be interesting.
Also you can challenge the NG+ version of the boss if you have a bonfire ascetic, which also drops Old Witch Soul (though, it would be more useful for dex and pyromancy builds).

Are there any likable or memorable NPCs in Dark Souls 2 anyways? Can't remember anyone but the spammy Firekeeper (Ms. "Bearer, seek, seek, lest"...).

@Skazz That's cool. Yeah, I thought they did a good job, and I enjoyed the minimalistic-but-well-written story. It helps that they nailed the length of the game - if this game had been ~12 hours like that other indie game I recently played, Underhero, I probably would've been dying by the end of it - conciseness in dialogue, plot, and gameplay with minimal fluff and repetition/recycling will almost always be welcomed by me. Also, something cool they did was have a bunch of unlockable bonus missions you can find throughout the main story missions, each with a particular theme (e.g. one is Holy Grail-inspired, another One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest out of all things, etc.) - doesn't make any difference for the main story, but if you were concerned the game wasn't long enough, well, there you go! Overall, a simple but well-made and very effective game.

• Like 2

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

1 hour ago, Hawke64 said:

Very good.

Thank you 🙂 

I already know about NPCs 🙂 . I’ve playing my first playthrough mostly blind, so I am trying to avoid all possible spoilers, and from what I’ve heard, I’ve already missed some of theses quest chains. So I’ve decided to leave these quests for NG+ and we’ll see how it goes then. 

And the bonfire ascetic item... well, I suck bog times on original bosses, so I will definatelly not use that yet 😄 I plan to finish the game few times, to get all the trophies, so I think, there might be some point where, that I will try that, but I’m definatelly not ready for that yet 😄 

since battlepass dropped I was grinding DoTA all days long, i must say its good fun to have incentive to play some heroes

• Like 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

49 minutes ago, Chilloutman said:

since battlepass dropped I was grinding DoTA all days long, i must say its good fun to have incentive to play some heroes

What heroes have you been playing? 

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

13 minutes ago, Keyrock said:

What heroes have you been playing? 

well all of them! xD those in cave crawl challenges, finishing support wing now

Edited by Chilloutman
  • Thanks 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

25 minutes ago, Chilloutman said:

well all of them! xD those in cave crawl challenges, finishing support wing now

cant win with Leshrac, that hero is so lame if you are not owning mid from start...

My favotite hero is Krobelus (Death Prophet), but on the very rare occasion I play I'm way too trash to play mid, I'm usually a 5 and DP is a terrible 5. 😖

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

12 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

Are there any likable or memorable NPCs in Dark Souls 2 anyways? Can't remember anyone but the spammy Firekeeper (Ms. "Bearer, seek, seek, lest"...).

@Skazz That's cool. Yeah, I thought they did a good job, and I enjoyed the minimalistic-but-well-written story. It helps that they nailed the length of the game - if this game had been ~12 hours like that other indie game I recently played, Underhero, I probably would've been dying by the end of it - conciseness in dialogue, plot, and gameplay with minimal fluff and repetition/recycling will almost always be welcomed by me. Also, something cool they did was have a bunch of unlockable bonus missions you can find throughout the main story missions, each with a particular theme (e.g. one is Holy Grail-inspired, another One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest out of all things, etc.) - doesn't make any difference for the main story, but if you were concerned the game wasn't long enough, well, there you go! Overall, a simple but well-made and very effective game.

Lucatiel of Mirrah, mostly. She appears often enough, her story is relatable, she is a decent tank (not an excellent one, but able to survive long enough).

There are also Ornifex the weaponsmith and the (potential) settlers of Majula, but they have shorter story lines. Except for the armor merchant, whose name I forgot, but he gives a unique armor set for free at some point.

Edited by Hawke64

2 hours ago, Hawke64 said:

Lucatiel of Mirrah, mostly. She appears often enough, her story is relatable, she is a decent tank (not an excellent one, but able to survive long enough).

There are also Ornifex the weaponsmith and the (potential) settlers of Majula, but they have shorter story lines. Except for the armor merchant, whose name I forgot, but he gives a unique armor set for free at some point.

Oh yeah, I remember Lucatiel now that you mention it. She was probably the most memorable for non-annoying reasons. Unfortunately, among its many other issues, DS2 seemed to be lacking a lot of the customary Souls NPC goofiness/charm.

Never actually played the Arma 3 campaign so am doing that now.  Laughed to myself as I overheard my team leader talk to himself in the usual Arma cadence of "Team! Move. 100 M. Front" . 

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Still Astroneer. It's slowed down a lot since the final two planets have ridiculous energy requirements. I'm basically about to start grinding out RTGs just to meet the last one. I can do it, it's just boring. Maybe I'll build my base connected to a tower so that the second I hit the requirements it'll activate without extra effort. Or maybe I'll build generators. They're easy to make.

I also enjoy walking down to the core, digging tunnels only as necessary. It takes a little longer, but it feels more adventurous than building a mining rover and pointing down.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition. The party found a random cave with trolls. The cave was larger (7 maps) than most of the main story dungeons. Though, I acquired a +2 fire kukri (the Cutting Star), so it is not too bad.

• Like 1

I may give up on Arma 3's campaign, definitely do not have good eyesight for this game.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

If you have trouble seeing enemy soldiers, you can enable a visual help in the difficulty settings.

I used it all the time in A2, but in A3 I didn't need it anymore.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

6 minutes ago, Lexx said:

If you have trouble seeing enemy soldiers, you can enable a visual help in the difficulty settings.

I used it all the time in A2, but in A3 I didn't need it anymore.

Huh, didn't even know that existed. Will give that a go.  Managing so far, really hate the second mission and the rookie trap of a motorized squad right on the route you need to take, hah.

And another bossfight in Dark Souls 2 successfully behind me. The fight was not complicated, but it brought few surprises to me, during the encounter. Which in the end meant me corpsrunning few times 😄 It might take a little bit longer to learn the fights that way, but I really enjoy the learning process of some encounters, even if it might feel sometime little bit frustrating. The successful attempt ended up pretty long, but I think, I played to cautious this attempt, after wiping the floor clean in last two attempts during the last wave of chariot wheel skeletons rolling everywhere 😄

• Like 1

And because I had today a day off-work, my progress through Dark Souls 2 was pretty solid :) As a start I decided to venture into Undead Purgatory, where I encountered Executioner's Chariot boss. I like design of this encounter. When I got to the last phase of the encounter, it was very easy, but my issue were again my hands 😄 I died few times to the respawning skeletons, but in the end, five tries were enough to defeat this boss. So far despite the easy difficulty, I liked this bossfight the most.