What Are You Playing Now: The Other, Other Thread

Amentep

Finished off DXHR again, my build was terrible for that last fight - no EMP resistance and leg augments.  Also only had the heavy rifle too, so that was annoying.  Now to find a new game to tackle, maybe Offworld Trading Company

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Getting back into Kingdom Come: Deliverance.

I like it, it's like a more hardcore version of Skyrim which is fine by me!

Something very charming about games made in east Europe, like American devs focus on making games as smooth and buttery as possible and try to balance things perfectly but games from this region seem to have a certain trade-off, like not as perfect coding and maybe some performance and bug hits but makes it for it tremendously with gameplay and atmosphere.

Edited by ComradeMaster

It was a slow start. I didn't remember that JA2 1.13 had all those complicated inventory mechanisms, where even the effin hats have pockets 😂

Just liberated Drassen, waiting for the inevitable counter attack. Trying to train a few more militia men, as they do make the fights a bit easier once you get a foothold.

I have Steroid in my team, but as funny as I find his Arnold Schwartzenegger schtick, he is not worth it at the moment. Sticking with Barry, Grunty, Ivan, Fox and myself. Wolf is busy or he would have been my next acquisition. Also, choosing weapons at Bobby Rays seems a bit more overwhelming than I remembered it being (even for 1.13)

edit: I know they are "simplistic" by todays standards, but I love the little interludes between Elliot and Deidranna (Elliot, you idiot... slap, slap!)

edit2: Poor Igor is in ICU. Survived the retaking of the mine with about a pixels worth of health bar left. Fox used her last medpack to prevent him from bleeding to death. I need to get Ivan, his big brother, to look after him. Still trying to decide whether i should execute Pablo or not (the corrupt airport shipping guy), I seem to remember there being some benefit later on if you let him live (and steal from your shipments) 🤔

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Offworld Trading Company is pretty fun, I will have to retake the tutorials though.  Definitely have crap luck with scanning as the AI is grabbing the best spots, but is certainly an interesting game design.  Only downside I can say now is the music sucks.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

1 hour ago, Malcador said:

Offworld Trading Company is pretty fun, I will have to retake the tutorials though.  Definitely have crap luck with scanning as the AI is grabbing the best spots, but is certainly an interesting game design.  Only downside I can say now is the music sucks.

I dabbled with it for a few minutes but got confused and didn't seem like it had any long term enticement.  It was free so meh, perhaps I'll dabble with it again sometime.  Thanks EGS! :Shillin' like a villain':

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ComradeMaster said:

I dabbled with it for a few minutes but got confused and didn't seem like it had any long term enticement.  It was free so meh, perhaps I'll dabble with it again sometime.  Thanks EGS! :Shillin' like a villain':

It is pretty fun so far as I'm doing the practice missions to learn each faction, there's a decent amount of depth to it.  You're just too weak ! 😛

• Gasp! 1

I really suck at ESO. My dark elf vampire sorcerer spends more time dead than anything else and during the rare moments when he is alive then he is facing the wrong direction

Edited by ShadySands

Free games updated 3/4/21

LotRO is still going well. My son and I are tackling quests together, he as a hunter and me as a warden. We are up to level 17 and it was amazing to take him through the Old Forest to meet Tom Bombadil. I also have a dwarf stout axe Guardian that is level 27 to play solo. 

I am excited to get to Moria. That is my favorite area of any game I think I have ever played.

We also bought a couple of houses in an elven neighborhood. My daughter played a bit too, but she seems less excited about it. 😝

• Like 2

What are we now, a bunch of MMO players?

I'm still in FFXIV - it's horribly addictive. Probably going to spend some money on it soonish, because I'm about to hit level 35, which is as far as you can go in the free version.
What I like about the game is that you can ignore ALL side quests. There is no reason to do them to grind experience for levelups, etc. You can just follow the main story and it'll be enough. It's still kinda fetch-questy and sometimes the game is seriously sending you from left to right, but at least you don't have to grind like in other MMOs.

• Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I've always got a strange relationship with crafting in MMO's. I love it early, but it usually becomes a grind, and then any time I try to return to a character after time away I have no idea what is going on with all the ingredients. This is standard in almost every MMO I've played. 

At least they seemed to have sped up the curve in LotRO for the time being, so I'm not burning out yet.

7 hours ago, Lexx said:

What are we now, a bunch of MMO players?

Y'know I just noticed this sub forum has the description - "A discussion forum concerning the best and worst single-player games" , hah.  Such ingrained snobbery 😛

• Haha 2
  • Hmmm 1

2 hours ago, Malcador said:

Such ingrained snobbery 😛

You say it as if it is a bad thing. 🧐

Anyway. I played LOTRO a little years ago and starter areas were all fun, but as soon as you leave them it's ten bear arses quests all the way down. SWTOR, my choice of lowbrow gaming, is much better about that.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, bugarup said:

Anyway. I played LOTRO a little years ago and starter areas were all fun, but as soon as you leave them it's ten bear arses quests all the way down. SWTOR, my choice of lowbrow gaming, is much better about that.

I don't know about LOTRO, but DDO, which is by the same dev and uses the same engine, had a ton of different instances and I remember it having comparatively few ten (bug)bear arse kind of quests, that were optional too.

SWTOR sure has a ton of ten bear colicoid arses-type "quests", too. It does have the stories going for it, but it's really not very good stuff beyond the original character arcs.

Currently failing hard at HM Revan, btw...

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

20 hours ago, bugarup said:

You say it as if it is a bad thing.

Means you ignore stuff like UT99, and that's not acceptable.

The double XP buff in WoW certainly has revived my dead server cluster, seeing handfuls of people out and about.  Slowly but surely grinding all the allied race characters to 120, done VE and LF, doing KT next, but I've run out of unique classes so I guess I will get a duplicate hunter

I've been pouring a lot of money into Kresusiso Headquarters in X4. I currently produce several high-tech products and intermediate wares, all without having to purchase any raw goods. The ultimate goal is to turn my HQ into a fully self sufficient shipyard, though that's very far off; there's a ton of different high-tech wares it takes to build a spaceship. 

I've also been going through more of the main story once I stumbled into it (this game does not hold your hand at all). I'm likely near the end of both the Split and the Paranid plots, but both are on hold for now. In the Split plot I'm at a point where I have to choose 1 faction or another. I mostly have my mind made up as far who I will chose, but I fear the choice might lock me out of some things, so I'm not going to make it just yet. In the Paranid plot I need to provide a Paranid Zeus Carrier with a specific loadout. I better get to keep the ship because I'm not exactly enthused about spending 25-30 million credits on a ship to just hand it to somebody.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Tried Civ6. Bad first impression.

Just pressed Start New Game and it threw me right in the middle between 4 city states and three barbarian camps. All were producing units like crazy, so I could hardly move since there'd be a city state warrior unit running after barbarians wherever I wanted to walk. Also there was hardly any spot to build a new city.

Meh.

• Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

After few days break and setting up my streaming apparatus to be able to stream PS3 games and pass through PS3 sound through my PC without delays, I've started to play vanilla version of Dark Souls 2. So far, I like it, but I do not know, if it is with the class, I've chosen (Sorcerer), but it feels kind of little bit more difficult than Dark Souls 1 and Demon Souls. Still 3 and half hour of playtime, and 12 deaths so far 😄 Most of them caused by the almighty gravity 😄

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours