What Are You Playing Now: The Other, Other Thread

Amentep

Still BL3.

I did the current online Event and ended up with this new event specific unique launcher called Yellowcake. It is vastly overpowered vs. anything else and you can use it to easily down most things all the way up to Mayhem 5 or 6 (most weapons at that stage feel like literal pea-shooters where you go through all your ammo to kill a small number of enemies...).  Thus I expect them to nerf it at some point and am taking full advantage of it's uberness to farm all the bosses and areas.

It still annoys me that you have to be Steam-"Online" to have a good (or ridiculously good) unique drop rate (vs. early console droprates).  When you play offline without all the constant "hotfixes" applied, you can barely get good purples much of the time. They nerfed that hard for Offline, imo.  So you feel like almost nothing good after hours and hours, even the special chests, except from maybe a few bosses, then you go Online and uniques just fall from the sky and even trashpiles are popping them out at a steady rate.  Absurd.

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Hmmm 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Went back to Final Fantasy Type-0 after 2 and half years and finished Chapter 5. Still I am not very fond of the game 😞 although I am pretty rusty playing it  again.

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I brought down a Xenon Destroyer with my Cobra Frigate in X4 today, I'm all types of proud of myself. The Destroyer was getting dangerously close to one of my stations, so I couldn't just ignore it, I had to do something. I can't just take on a destroyer head on, even if my frigate is top of the line equipped and modified, it has way more firepower and super beefy shields.

My first plan was to do a couple strafing runs to get its attention and try to lure it away from my station until the cavalry could arrive, but then I saw an opportunity. A couple Teladi fighters engaged the destroyer, drawing its attention. I used that distraction to get in behind it and fly right up on its engines. I found a good spot where its powerful weapons couldn't get at me, only one of it's weaker turrets, and opened up on its engines. I took a bit of damage, but I managed to destroy both the destroyer's engines. I then retreated to let my shields recharge and got out in my spacesuit and went to work with the repair laser. 

Once fully repaired I noticed the destroyer was fighting a couple fighters and a gunboat. It couldn't move, but it was still a very dangerous target. I used this opportunity to find a blind spot in its weapon coverage and set up shop. At that point it was just a matter of time. The destroyer couldn't move and couldn't shoot me, it was a sitting duck. It took me a long, and I mean LOOOOOOONG time to get its shields down. Once the shields were gone the hull went down... I won't say quickly, but much faster than the shields.

The moral of the story,  don't **** with Kresusiso Enterprises. Just wait until I get my own destroyer fully equipped. 

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

So basically very brave, heroic NPC pilots attacked a destroyer and you used their noble sacrifice to steal their loot?

And why didn't this story end with "I salvaged the destroyer; dragged it back to my base, only to find out I didn't have a big enough hangar bay." It is what a true keyrock X4 experience would be. Are you sure you are you?

• Haha 2

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

18 minutes ago, melkathi said:

So basically very brave, heroic NPC pilots attacked a destroyer and you used their noble sacrifice to steal their loot?

Well, yes and no. I landed the first blow and the killing blow, not to mention did 90% of the damage, so technically the loot is rightfully mine. Look, I don't make video game rules, I just follow them.

And why didn't this story end with "I salvaged the destroyer; dragged it back to my base, only to find out I didn't have a big enough hangar bay." It is what a true keyrock X4 experience would be. Are you sure you are you?

Of the 8 marines aboard my frigate, only 2 were experienced, the other 6 were still condidered recruits. If I tried a boarding maneuver I would most likely have sent them to their death. Kresusiso Enterptises values the welfare of its employees. We have a great 401k plan too.  Also, when I built the pier at my HQ, I built a 3 dock pier and I currently only have 1 large or XL ship (destroyer), so I would have had room. Sorry to disappoint.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Daggerfall Unity is now a very playable thing, so that.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

NWN SOU

I finally finished it for the first time ever. It was kinda weird experience. It starts same as OC, with the training place being attacked by kobolds and you having to find four things, but SOU does it better. Then it is just areas with small hub next to a dungeon and when you clear that dungeon you move to next small hub next to a dungeon. Still slightly better than OC.

NWN HOTU

HOTU I had actually finished back in the day, but I had to cheat so I'm not sure if that counts. I had made a monk with high DEX and WIS, and low STR. The build worked fine until I hit the last boss. I simply couldn't hit him hard enough to pass his damage resistances. So I used savegame editor to buff my STR by a lot.

This time I defeated him fair and square with my mage. Yay. I mean Aribeth helped little bit. HOTU was the best campaign, but not by much. Its later level felt very gimmicky with puzzle ring, grabby hand thing, and polymorphing amulet.

NWN EE Overall

It is same as the other Beamdog Enhanced Editions. Meaning it needs multiple years of work before I can recommend it. The performance is very poor and companion AI is atrocious. If a companion can cast more than couple spells then they just stand there. 90% of the time they wont fight. It's bizarre.

• Like 1

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Never got far enough in Hordes of the Underdark to know that Aribeth reappeared.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

1 hour ago, kirottu said:

Oh right, well, spoilers I guess.

lmao, wouldn't worry about it. Tried to go back and play NWN1 a few years back, but I was super burned out by the time I got to Luskan and couldn't keep going.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

I just one-shotted the final boss in XCOM: Chimera Squad with my first shot of the mission. On Impossible difficulty...

(OK, technically I used Fan Fire, so it was multiple shots with one action)

Edited by melkathi
  • Like 2

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

55 minutes ago, Skazz said:

Fan Fire is the only reason why my noobish ass was able to kill Sectopods in XCOM 2.

I'm glad to hear it's back in Chimera Squad.

In Chimera Squad some skills are tied to Epic Weapons. Fan Fire is on a specific Epic Pistol.

• Hmmm 1

Got myself some wonders in Surviving Mars, so I think I've won the game.  I say this to avoid the impending collapse when my hordes of unspecialized middle aged colonists die off en masse (not sure why I never bothered to make universities).  Will at least muck about with the terraforming before I bail.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

With my destroyer fully equipped in X4 I decided to put it through the paces and at the same time help out my friends, the Split Free Families. They have been getting their asses whooped from 2 sides, the Xenon and the Split Zyarth Patriarchy. I flew to the Family Tkr sector, which is slowly being taken over by Xenon, and decided to try my hand at taking down a station. I brought along my Cobra Frigate on the off chance that an enemy was smart enough to pull a similar trick to how I took down a destroyer before, in that case I can have the frigate take care of the pesky attackers.

Mission successful, though it took FOREVER. I destroyed a defense platform, and those are particularly well armored. The station's defenses might have been a danger to a frigate, and would definitely be a danger to a fighter, but they were laughable against my destroyer. Surprisingly, the Xenon did not send anyone to stop me, beyond the station's own turrets and defense drones. Next up, a Xenon solar power plant. I plan to sweep this sector free of Xenon, though I won't be attacking any Zyarth Patriarchy ships or installations. I'm friends with both Split factions, I'm not getting involved in their civil war. Similarly, I'm not taking sides in the Paranid civil war between the Godrealm of the Paranid and the Holy Order of the Pontifex either. They can sort things out on their own, I'm just here to help with Xenon, Kha'ak, and potentially hardcore pirate factions, like the Scale Plate Pact.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I played Final Fantasy X. I wanted to give it a second chance after all these years and it was much better than I remembered. But I still see why I disliked it when released. Tidus acts like a child, his performance and Yuna's are both lacking. And the random encounter chance is simply ridiculous. But I actually really enjoyed it.

I also rushed through The Forest. Building a base is too tedious for me to enjoy building. Have to chop down like a dozen trees and fight off half a dozen cannibal attacks just to build a log cabin. And you still don't have any defenses up. I'm not a fan of fighting off cannibal attacks on your camp. But spelunking into caves trying to find your lost son and fending off mutants living down there. That was my jam.

Final boss sucked, though.

I'm on to The Long Dark. The Forest reminded me that I do enjoy story stuff in these survival games. But this one is trying a bit too hard at that. So far the story is people talking way too much without giving any insight into the greater disaster. I guess it's more exploration, unraveling a mystery, and environmental storytelling I enjoyed. But it's still interesting.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."