What Are You Playing Now: The Other, Other Thread

Amentep

2 hours ago, Keyrock said:

The Sis voice pack comes pre-installed with the base game. You just go into the audio options menu and slide the voices slider to 0%. The more important question: Who installs all of that but DOESN'T install a Steven Heck voice pack?

I decided to take a bit of a break from X4 to play Get Even. It's from The Farm 51 and has mixed reviews from both journalists and gamers alike. I played Deadfall Adventures from these developers and that game was largely panned while I really really liked it; what can I say, I have weird tastes. Anyway, it's a FPS, but it's not just shooty shooty, the game is suppesed to be kind of a mind****.

Check your steam activity feed. He's your friend too!

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Get Even seemingly has you go through memories(?), much like the Animus in AssCreed, via a device that's like a VR headset strapped to your face. If I'm reading it right, it's one of those what's real and what isn't deals. You apparently play a guy named Cole Black (why do video game characters always have to have the most facepalm names?) who was a drug addict and became an assassin. At the beginning of the game you are apparently trying to rescue a girl who is being held hostage and has a bomb strapped to her chest because reasons. You find the girl and try to diffuse the bomb and KABOOM(?) Then **** gets weird(er). It's confusing.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Started a fresh game of JA2 (v1.12)

I tried in vain to find a version of v1.13 that would run with the GOG version on Windows 10. I could find working links for builds up to 4552 or so, but that one crashes badly. There are newer builds available I think, but the links I could find so far (including on the Bear Pit forums) are all leading to no longer existing pages :(

Ah well, 1.12 with tons of guns and sci-fi is fun to :sweat: 

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

4 hours ago, Gorth said:

Started a fresh game of JA2 (v1.12)

I tried in vain to find a version of v1.13 that would run with the GOG version on Windows 10. I could find working links for builds up to 4552 or so, but that one crashes badly. There are newer builds available I think, but the links I could find so far (including on the Bear Pit forums) are all leading to no longer existing pages :(

http://ja2v113.pbworks.com/w/page/4218334/Downloads

?

Mirror #1 for the main release still seems to work, while you can use a wayback machine link for its patch: https://web.archive.org/web/20150429185030/http://kermi.pp.fi/JA_2/v1.13_Releases/Official/English/v7435/Update/JA2_113_UpdateForRelease7435_English_7609.exe

• Thanks 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

My son asked to play Lord of the Rings Online, so I decided to join him. I am letting him play my old account with my level 100 captain, so I decided to start from scratch. It's still just a fantastic bit of world building they managed to pull off. I love how alive the zones are. I think we'll just enjoy exploring the Bree-lands and Shire together.

• Like 3

Next game on my 2020 finished list is Vaporum from GOG. Steampunk dungeon-crawler RPG made in Slovakia. After I've found out, that this game was made in my home country, I purchased it immediately, and started to play few days later. I was not satisfied that much about game purchase in very long time. All what I have expected from the game was delivered and some things have been surmounted. AI on normal difficulty was satisfying, enemies challenging and puzzles were doable with little bit of thinking. The only one, which outmatched me, was the teleport puzzle in The Office level, where I was not able to find out any visual hooks to teleport in correct order to the final switch. Also the game was balanced pretty good for older people, with slower reflexes :) . Few timed puzzles were on the edge, but they added time stop feature to help you out. Although I haven't used it, I see that feature as a big plus for elderly gamers.

The biggest negatives for me was little bit to dark levels for my linking, few of the hidden buttons were impossible to be found without map guides :( and me being to rusty for this type of games 😄Still most of the secrets were easier to find than in Grimrock 1 for example.

EDIT: In few weeks there should be released prequel Vaporum: Lockdown, which I'll be awaiting with open arms and wallet 😄

Edited by Mamoulian War
  • Like 2

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

On 5/5/2020 at 12:03 AM, Keyrock said:

The Sis voice pack comes pre-installed with the base game. You just go into the audio options menu and slide the voices slider to 0%. The more important question: Who installs all of that but DOESN'T install a Steven Heck voice pack?

From what I remember Sis can wreck your frell up something significant depending on your level so her voice pack might be something of an acquired taste. Kind of like Brayko voice pack.

Heck is so, soooo overrated. 😏

4 hours ago, Hurlshot said:

Shire.

I've played Borderlands 2 too much the last 2 years, fully expecting The Shire to be full of chain-axe wielding, mask wearing psycho midgets that must be killed with fire...

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

i have itch for some nice relaxing sim game. Anyone remember Sim Golf? I loved that one. Anyone know about something similar? I would get Sim Golf but no idea if it works on modern systems

• Like 2

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

14 hours ago, Gorth said:

I've played Borderlands 2 too much the last 2 years, fully expecting The Shire to be full of chain-axe wielding, mask wearing psycho midgets that must be killed with fire...

Wait for the LOTR remake.

• Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Sim Golf was awesome

I'm downloading it now

Just finished Shadowrun Hong Kong and got the best ending. Now to finish KOTOR2 and start Kingmaker and Sim Golf.

Edited by ShadySands
  • Like 3

Free games updated 3/4/21

7 hours ago, ShadySands said:

Sim Golf was awesome

I'm downloading it now

Just finished Shadowrun Hong Kong and got the best ending. Now to finish KOTOR2 and start Kingmaker and Sim Golf.

let me know how it goes, it does not start on my win 10

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

I'm playing four different Trails games. Trails in the Sky FC which I started awhile back. I'm half way through and taking my time. Trails from Zero with the geofront fan translation. I'm only about 6-7 hours into the game, just barely past the prologue. Trails of Cold Steel 2 which I'm speedrunning to set up a NG+ save file for next year when CS4 comes to PC. And finally CS3 NG+ where I'm mostly just watching the bonding scenes I couldn't get in the first game.

I can quit whenever I want.

• Haha 1

On 5/5/2020 at 3:48 PM, Gorth said:

Make that 1.13 (thanks @Bartimaeus)

I bought Borderlands 3 on a 50% off sale on Steam, but the story and the characters are so dull and uninpiring, I can't even muster indignation about how dull and uninspiring it is 😳

Tried to level up a few characters. Like at least past level 1, but it's... dull and uninspiring. I think I'll just write it off as an expensive giving in to curiosity and forget about it.

Now off to kill some red shirts, green shirts and blue shirts in JA2!

• Like 2

Surviving Mars is going along well, although I have a lot of unemployed people.  I did name one dome Foxconn, was where I made a lot of electronics but alas the people in the dome lost sanity and I think I lost ~20 out of 140 to suicide. 

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Just beat Alien: Isolation.  It was pretty good, but the style was little too retro for my liking, also stealth type games where you can't kill your predator kinda irritate me after a while.  Everything else about the game, especially the atmosphere, with suburb.

If you love the 'Alien' universe and you love stealth games you couldn't ask for a better title period, I mean I had qualms about and I still beat it so that should say something.

2 hours ago, ComradeMaster said:

Just beat Alien: Isolation.  It was pretty good, but the style was little too retro for my liking, also stealth type games where you can't kill your predator kinda irritate me after a while.  Everything else about the game, especially the atmosphere, with suburb.

If you love the 'Alien' universe and you love stealth games you couldn't ask for a better title period, I mean I had qualms about and I still beat it so that should say something.

I loved the visuals and atmosphere. The story wasn't bad either.

The gameplay... I liked it at first, but grew bored with it fairly quickly. I mean, the basic loop comes down to playing hide-and-seek with a psychic alien that is tethered to your ass at all times. Once you figure how the routine works, the tension goes away because it boils down to waiting for it to go back into the vents so you can go about your business. It does have a few really cool scripted moments, but outside of those, ho-hum. Played it on hard, maybe it's different on Nightmare.

I guess it's one of those ideas that's great in a movie, but not so much in a game. Or maybe survival horror games just aren't for me.

• Like 1

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Problem with Alien: Isolation is that it needed to be shorter. 3 times I thought I'm in the endgame now and the game will end soon, but it always kept going and going and going. Would have been better if they had cut some stuff from the middle.

Feels like a lot of the android parts were only added so players can shoot with guns for a while.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."