What Are You Playing Now: The Other, Other Thread

Amentep

3 hours ago, Skazz said:

First a V:tMB replay and now this?

MY MAN

You forgot the picture
181ec249c138159bbdada3ca6100f58a.jpg

• Haha 2
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

2 hours ago, majestic said:

It probably goes without saying but don't forget the restored content mod. And, eh, skip the droid planet. Really. Just... don't bother. 

I've never played KotOR myself, but I had a friend that asked for help in installing it and getting the restored content mod installed like a year back. I made the mistake of using the version that included the droid planet, and it ended up ruining their entire playthrough and lead to them wiping their game and restarting because of how utterly mad, confusing, and dreadfully long the droid planet apparently ended up being. Uh, whoops? Guess it was a separate add-on for a reason. And I guess I...or really they, since they're the ones that have played KotOR before and I was more or less just a monkey clicking buttons...should've done the research on it.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

The droid planet was scrapped early, and it really shows. There simply wasn't much to restore, and the gaps and jumps are just too big. It's an interesting attempt which doesn't really work out.

about the only thing about the plot I can remember was that Vash died in some extremely random/ underwhelming way

• Like 1

From what I recall, my buddy basically said it was neverending "go talk to these other people in these vaguely described locations so they can tell you to go talk to these other people in other vaguely described locations so you can eventually get back to me and for me to tell you to do it all over again but slightly differently and also this plot stinks so who the hell cares". Again, I didn't play this, hate the NWN-style of gameplay and I don't much like Star Wars to boot, but that's what I remember them saying about it.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Garshasp: Temple of the Dragon. It is an action-adventure, it runs on Win10 and supports 5-button mice. There were some minor bugs (getting stuck in objects) and odd FPS drops. Otherwise, it is unremarkable - nothing particularly bad or good.

The Surge 2. I've reached the Seaside Court in NG+. So far, it has been very similar to NG, the only differences are end-game nanite enemies and the intro scene. Not sure, if I should continue.

15 hours ago, Malcador said:

Surviving Mars has some brutal mysteries, getting Wildifre right now.  Survived it barely, trying to produce those curetatoes is annoying with the 30% soil quality reduction.  Definitely do like using Brazil, cash flow is no issue with that waste rock processor.

That on some extra difficulty setting or something? I only ever got one mystery; it gave me new decorations.

I loyally play as Europe because the only important thing is to RESEARCH EVERYTHING! So I did and am now researching money because there's nothing else left. I also was lucky to land on top of water and discover unmanned fusion reactor aka easy-cheesy mode  very early so now I'm mainly observing terraforming numbers go up so very slowly. Not much above drying paint in terms of entertainment if you ask me. :getlost:

Brazil's shtick seems useful though, those piles of rock are really ugly and irritating. 

5 hours ago, Zoraptor said:

The terraforming goes a lot faster if you do some of the special terraforming planetary missions.

Did those, and doing repeatable ones as well, since money's not an issue. Still slow, and repeatable ones are on timer. :getlost: 

P.S.: Aaaaand speaking of Deus Exes (Deii Exii?), look what GOG dragged in! :biggrin: There's also Dungeon Siege series, how are those? ARPG is a pretty broad label, are they more Diabloesque, Icewind-Daleesque, something else?  

Edited by bugarup
No doubleposting!
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, bugarup said:

That on some extra difficulty setting or something? I only ever got one mystery; it gave me new decorations.

I loyally play as Europe because the only important thing is to RESEARCH EVERYTHING! So I did and am now researching money because there's nothing else left. I also was lucky to land on top of water and discover unmanned fusion reactor aka easy-cheesy mode  very early so now I'm mainly observing terraforming numbers go up so very slowly. Not much above drying paint in terms of entertainment if you ask me. :getlost:

Brazil's shtick seems useful though, those piles of rock are really ugly and irritating. 

I chose random Mystery and got that.  I screwed up a bit trying to blitz curetatoes and didn't realize that'd nuke my soil quality - looks like one it's down to 10% it can never recover.  Thankfully I got shuttles so can make more remote sites to provide water and metal, but still think I'm proper ****ed.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

1 hour ago, bugarup said:

There's also Dungeon Siege series, how are those? ARPG is a pretty broad label, are they more Diabloesque, Icewind-Daleesque, something else?  

No, no, yes. They're mostly an interactive ARPG Barbie Dress Up simulator where you pick what you want your characters to wear without it really mattering all that much and then watch them kill everything. And I mean watch. Because apart from picking where you go the game runs without input.

And no, that's not hyperbole. At least, not much...

• Thanks 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

6 hours ago, bugarup said:

There's also Dungeon Siege series, how are those? ARPG is a pretty broad label, are they more Diabloesque, Icewind-Daleesque, something else?  

There's no single answer since all 3 games in the series are fairly different from one another. Loot 'em up (Diablo-esque) would be the label I would go with if forced to at gunpoint, but it doesn't really fit for any of the 3 games.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

11 hours ago, bugarup said:

Did those, and doing repeatable ones as well, since money's not an issue. Still slow, and repeatable ones are on timer. :getlost: 

P.S.: Aaaaand speaking of Deus Exes (Deii Exii?), look what GOG dragged in! :biggrin: There's also Dungeon Siege series, how are those? ARPG is a pretty broad label, are they more Diabloesque, Icewind-Daleesque, something else?  

DS2 is more like Diablo (a lot of loot, a lot of mobs, some bosses), DS3 has dialogues, there are four characters to choose from (their names and classes are fixed, but there are several builds for each and you can choose dialogue options), but still a lot of loot. Both have companions. I quite liked DS3 and somehow managed to finish DS2. Haven't played DS1.

• Thanks 1

Yeah, same here. Somehow played through 2. I remember Dryads don't like the player at first. I also remember that it would launch discussions with companions during combat, so you had to quick through fast not to die, meaning you missed the discussion.

Played through 3 at least once. I intended to finish it with all characters but can't remember if I ever did...

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

curetatoes.thumb.jpg.a0bc06240f4ee66184aaa99f3dddcb72.jpg

Time to take Kushner's job.

Edited by Malcador
WTF was rti.
  • Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Garshasp: Temple of the Dragon. I've completed the game. It was surprisingly short and pretty much story-free (there were narrated journal pages to collect, but it was lore). There was one more progress-stopping bug, so I had to reload the previous checkpoint. FPS during the final boss battle dropped to 20 (Steam has built-in FPS counter), which was unwelcome, considering that it was necessary to parry the boss. The titular dragon appeared only in the final cut-scene.

Surviving Mars. The storyline I had was that I dug up some probe that had a virus, it spread to my colony and then to Earth - worst pandemic since 1918!.  Eventually I researched the cure and delivered to Earth in the form of curetatoes.   Now I've cured it, so everything's hunky dory - except my colonists are mad they can't game or drink or socialize. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Malcador said:

Surviving Mars. The storyline I had was that I dug up some probe that had a virus, it spread to my colony and then to Earth - worst pandemic since 1918!.  Eventually I researched the cure and delivered to Earth in the form of curetatoes.   Now I've cured it, so everything's hunky dory - except my colonists are mad they can't game or drink or socialize. 

Sounds like that time, when COVID-19 was rampant on Earth... 

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

If we can only make people think potatoes are the answer....

I got me a Paranid Odysseus destroyer in X4 and I even got it for free. I found it abandoned in the sector Faulty Logic VII. That sector is currently in a war between the Paranid and the Xenon and it is absolutely littered with tracker mines. The way tracker mines work is that when you get near them they home in on you, so you need to fly at a fast pace through minefields. With a smaller ship it's not that big of an issue. Space is big and with a small, or even a medium size ship you can just zoom through a minefield in travel mode and chances are you won't hit anything and be fine.  With a destroyer that doesn't work, the ship is way too big and you will hit mine after mine. If you go slow and careful then the mines will home in on you and still blow you up, or cripple your ship. It took a good long time of careful navigation, finding gaps in the minefields, going way out of the way, and a healthy dose of save scumming to get that ship out of that sector and into safer space. I can't even bring it to my headquarters yet; I can bring it there, but I can't dock because I don't have a pier built yet. For the time being, I left the Odysseus docked at a Paranid wharf while I work on getting funding to build a pier. It's a pretty good destroyer, Paranid make good warships, so I will keep it and eventually outfit it with top of the line weapons, shields, and engines, but everything destroyer size is really expensive, so that will be in the future. Right now I'm concentrating on adding some production to my HQ to further accelerate my economy. I'll likely build a new station soon too, though I haven't determined what type of production and where yet.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

19 minutes ago, melkathi said:

That seems to be a recurring theme with you: not having space at your star base for stuff.

The struggle is real.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I’ve just finished the fourth level in Vaporum. The story slowly gave few new hints on who I might be, and the enemies are getting harder and harder. I’ve died a lot of time to them 😄 Also, there was one puzzle on which I got stuck little bit, due to me not seeing one pretty tricky hidden button 🙂

I love the game, just still feeling very rusty playing this kind of genre 😄

Edited by Mamoulian War
  • Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours