What Are You Playing Now: The Other, Other Thread

Amentep

Previous thread -

Last few posts:

4 hours ago, Oner said:

It was split later, originally you installed everything or nothing.

3 hours ago, Skazz said:

I guess that would be the Plus version of the aforementioned unofficial patch, then.

To be honest, beyond that, I've never really tried any other mods for VtMB. I know there's some bigger stuff out there like the Clan Quest Mod or the Final Nights , but I have no experience playing those.

@Oner? Any comments?

3 hours ago, Oner said:

Not really, I rarely mod games outside of bugfixes and technical upgrades. I've heard good things about Clan Quest though.

3 hours ago, 213374U said:

@ShadySands I can recommend Clan Quest Mod. The Sabbat content is pretty good, even if it's obviously not quite up there with original content. It adds a full new act to the game that can be wrapped up in several ways. It also adds the possibility of going full Sabbat, with the corresponding new ending for the game. The new characters are voiced by "semi-professional" (?) actors. I don't remember much about the actual clan quests themselves, though. And there's actual diablerie mechanics.

Keep in mind that It comes bundled with some other stuff, though. I didn't find it to be all that game-changing but ymmv.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

If you're not cop, you're little people.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

And Concelhaut is no more in my world of Eora :) (Pillars of Eternity optional boss).

My ass was AoEd to dust two times, before I finally kicked his 😛 A reward, two new spells for Aloth and new pet :)

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

4 hours into steam demo of Trials of Mana

So far I played all girls team twice on two difficulties and all male team on one difficulty. Currently doing Angela -> Riesz ->Charlotte run and I done Riesz -> Angela > Charlotte, and on switch I done Charlotte -> Riesz -> Angela run, but if you don't pick Charlotte as support party 2, you don't get three party members in the demo.

Distracted by game
Thanks to the dude in the shade
Wasteland 3 is cool

I'm not far in the beta, but it's a lot less janky to control and the systems feel a lot more modern. Good stuff. Skills have a fixed requirement instead of raising/lowering success chances. You pick a duo of characters to start with, either pre-defined like Punk Lovers, Father-Daughter, Mentor-Student, or make them from scratch. Some of the backgrounds read like they might lead up to something later down the line beyond the initial stat boost they give, but no idea. Voice acting and conversation animations so far have been pretty good and conversation skill checks (read: options) reasonably frequent.
Though so far I kinda regret picking up a shotgun, it lacks the close range punch I'd expect.

• Like 3

Mo: Astray is finished. I recommend it.

Black Mesa, the fan remake of Half-Life 1, is in progress. It's very good. Xen is amazing, though maybe a little long.

I did some Battlefront 2 again. It's like a whole new game from when I last played. Supremacy was not a thing, but now it's the main game mod? Pretty cool.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

5 hours ago, melkathi said:

PoE must have some of the worst pathfinding I have seen.

Well, IIRC, BG 2 had worse. I get sometimes pissed off, because of stupid pathfinding, but it is not every day, like it was with older infinities...

Anyway, played more of PoE today as well, and hopefully I'll find few more hours in the evening. Main course of today's gameplay was Zahua's personal quest in Whitestone Hollow.

If anyone is interested in seeing the whole Concelhaut affair, feel free to watch the video, which I had a time to finally publish it today 😛

• Like 2

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

BG1's was worse as they took absolutely no account of the awful pathfinding when designing their dungeons. BG2's was still pretty bad, but a massive practical improvement since they (mostly) took the bad pathing into account during area design.

BG1 on the other hand had narrow corridors that any two wide+ party formation- ie all but one of them- couldn't fit into, replete with traps, and was a recipe for one character to wander off randomly triggering every one of those trap and attracting every annoying monster in the entire level. That made the Firewine (? been years since I played) dungeon and Nashkel mines even worse than their already poor base design. Even in more open areas it still wasn't uncommon to have one character charge off in the opposite direction when their path was temporarily blocked by someone else.

PoE's pathfinding wasn't perfect by any means, but was still near infinitely better than most IE games.

• Like 1

In PoE, especially as I get lower in the Paths or White March, my party increasingly fails to attack opponents. Most often the reason is that one party member is engaged and the rest can't decided if they should sidestep him from the left or right, and either get stuck on the party member trying to run through him or stutter back and forth. Trying to click behind an obstacle is also a problem as again  the AI can't move around the obstacle, again incapable of making up its mind which way round it should go.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

31 minutes ago, ComradeMaster said:

We are now discovering the internal contradictions of party based isometric games.

They sound good on paper but are a chore to play.

I would rather struggle a bit and have fun, then die of boredom. Try making FPS RPG on a budget of your average isometric game, and see how smooth it plays. Give isometric game a budget of a FPS and we will have a grand RPG. 

• Like 5

Mostly Final Fantasy XIV Online. Still leveling, story took a pretty dark turn between "vanilla" and "Heavensward" though it appears they're squandering the potential of that plot direction. Oh well, can't say I'm entirely surprised.

Voice actors changed with the first expansion as well, gotta say that for most I'm afraid I don't consider it an improvement (or at least jarring enough that it irks me still even though I'm in the "post Heavensward expansion patches" stage), exception being Alphinaud, whose new voice actor (or direction, at least) is a pretty big improvement. Here's to hoping they don't switch voice actors each expansion, though... I should note I did enjoy the main story of the expansion with the Dragonsong war.

I'll probably do a more comprehensive writeup on my opinions on the game once I complete the story.

Finished Still Life.  Not a bad game, that lockpicking puzzle and the slider puzzles ticked me off to no end, the laser puzzle with the robot seems out of place as well.  Ending without finding out who the killer was is also a mark against it (although I am pretty sure I can guess who it is).

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra