Fassina and Grimoire imprint (+Major) spell

Hello,

I like Fassina and I would like to know if she can launch spells she normally can't learn and launch with "Grimoire Imprint" / "Major Grimoire Imprint" spells ?
And if she can't launch spells she got with Imprint, will the game take this in count ?

Have you found a unique grimoire suited for her ?

Pillars of Eternity PS4 - RPG fan - Native language French, so please forgive my poor English speaking ...

i have not tried this, but my best guess is no - but i would strongly encourage someone to do the testing! it might be an interesting loophole around it.

grimoire imprint are a little bugged. they don't work if they grab a spell you already know how to cast, if i remember correctly. it is also possible to get a spell permanently (in one run, one of my casters permanently learned Plague of Insects - very good considering it is infinite number of casts allowed; even despite rests and respec). for restricted schools, my best guess is that grimoire imprint would grab a spell, but then it would be greyed out as being unable to cast - but it is also possible that because it is added directly to your character as an ability instead of a spell, it'd be castable. hence why someone should test it (i'd do it but i gave up games for lent).

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/18/2020 at 11:56 PM, thelee said:

i have not tried this, but my best guess is no - but i would strongly encourage someone to do the testing! it might be an interesting loophole around it.

grimoire imprint are a little bugged. they don't work if they grab a spell you already know how to cast, if i remember correctly. it is also possible to get a spell permanently (in one run, one of my casters permanently learned Plague of Insects - very good considering it is infinite number of casts allowed; even despite rests and respec). for restricted schools, my best guess is that grimoire imprint would grab a spell, but then it would be greyed out as being unable to cast - but it is also possible that because it is added directly to your character as an ability instead of a spell, it'd be castable. hence why someone should test it (i'd do it but i gave up games for lent).

wow,  it never happened to me, have you done something specific to get it permanent ?
Edit : you were right, this ability on Fassina is a trap, she launched her tier VIII Grimoire imprint and received "Ray of Fire" disabled of course, she can't launch it.

Edited by fced
  • Sad 1

Pillars of Eternity PS4 - RPG fan - Native language French, so please forgive my poor English speaking ...

On 3/31/2020 at 10:02 AM, fced said:

wow,  it never happened to me, have you done something specific to get it permanent ?

i literally have no idea how it happened - i suspect it had something to do with being knocked out or something, like some cleanup trigger didn't activate (maybe the druid i stole it from got annihilated by a crit - that tends to have odd interactions with other effects that rely on an "alive" target).

it was actually rather annoying since i like my games to be "legitimate" challenges, and having unlimited access to plagues of insects--even if i could just refrain from using it--with no way to get rid of it was not ideal.

Edited by thelee

4 hours ago, thelee said:

i literally have no idea how it happened - i suspect it had something to do with being knocked out or something, like some cleanup trigger didn't activate (maybe the druid i stole it from got annihilated by a crit - that tends to have odd interactions with other effects that rely on an "alive" target).

it was actually rather annoying since i like my games to be "legitimate" challenges, and having unlimited access to plagues of insects--even if i could just refrain from using it--with no way to get rid of it was not ideal.

it make me think to something, two weeks ago may be more, i was using Griffin blade + guardian blade (dual wielding) for a little of time i removed them quickly the +2 penetration -15 reflection was too much for my Cipher watcher, and since this time i still have the two "bonus" (50% chances to stun close enemies on hit, and +10% brut damage on hit) on my watcher status window, i don't know how i can get rid of them ...

Edit :  sooner i upgraded Thundercrack pistol (it wasn't equipped) and after i get out of the inventory, i found his per rest ability 'Storm Rune Shot' on my watcher in the spell bar...

Edited by fced

11 hours ago, AeonsLegend said:

Pretty sure you could have removed it with Unity Console.

i remember back in the day when unity console was implicated in a lot of performance and stability bugs, so i'm not touching it.

5 hours ago, thelee said:

i remember back in the day when unity console was implicated in a lot of performance and stability bugs, so i'm not touching it.

This is still true, but you can simply stop it when you started it up. If you click at the right top you can close the program. No performance issues like that. UC will still start every time you launch the game so you need to stop it if you don't intend to use it. Or remove it, which is a bit of a hassle. It's not much of an issue actually.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Boeroer said:

Did you check if it went away with retraining?

first thing i tried, it didn't. i also tried shuffling the character out of the party and back in again. i also tried various self-induced knockouts. i also tried grimoire imprint again, in case if it wore off it would take plague of insects away with it. didn't. it was really permanent. there's an exploit waiting to be found where someone figures out how to reproduce this bug and triggers it whenever they steal a decent spell (maybe even an ultimate challenge option to exploit a permanent, infinitely available Withdraw?)