The Obsidian Community Music League (feel free to join!)

algroth

Hi! So earlier this month in a different forum I spend time in, I took part in a "music league" game, which I thought I could propose here for anyone that might be interested. The general gist is this: the game takes place over a set number of rounds; each of us proposes a single track to fit a round's theme so as to create a playlist around said theme; once the submissions have been sent, we listen to the playlist and share a number of points across the tracks we liked the most (also putting negative points for the ones we disliked); the player with the most points that round wins the round, but the player who collects the most points across every round wins the league.

The general idea here is to share music with every other participant and promote some discussion on the music we listen to. I figured the amount of rounds could coincide with the number of players so long as these don't exceed a certain number (otherwise we'll see what we can do), and each player can propose a topic for each round (can be anything - era, region, genre, theme/descriptor (e.g. happiness, spiritual, whatever), types of music or performances (covers, duets, etc.), and so on, so long as it's general enough to allow for several artists and for users to have some freedom over what to submit). We'd be using a web app called Music League, and it is based on Spotify so one would have to have a Spotify account (doesn't need to be Premium or anything fancy). How does the idea sound?

For those interested, please let me know and if we can get enough people on board, we can go ahead and do it! 😄

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

Might be a tough sell right now with all that's going on...ya'd think people would welcome a distraction, but I'm just not really particularly feeling it either...

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

• 2 weeks later...

I’m in. Since most everyone is in quarantine for the moment, this is a great time to do something like this and hey, maybe we’ll discover some new music in the process.