Requirement for "Hidden Depths" to trigger

Hello there, 

so I am in the library on the Black Island now. We entered through the maze, and were like "Oh, Llengarth, nice to see you again". 

Reading the Wiki, she supposed to appear on her fancy dragon while crusing on my fregatte, and I would really love to get the basicly free 2700 exp.  

I did the Beast of Winter dlc, lost my soul to that ****er Rymgard, finished the Splintered Reef (which was more a pain in the ass than Rymgard), and in the end game where I get dicked by every faction I build positive reputation with (To hell with ****ing Hazanui, I will sink every RDC ship on my next playthrough!!). Me, Eder, and Xoti are lvl 18, the rest somewhere below. 

How can I get that encounter with Llen? 

I think (not sure) that the requirement is to complete the Black Isle maze part first, then complete one of the final faction quests. Then when you're sailing she will appear.

And you must have been skipping lots of side quests. I'm usually level 20 before even going to Ashen Maw during "He Waits in Fire" and not doing any of the DLC.

Well I skipped the major part of the bounty hunting quest (completed the one which gives you a treasure map for a sweet armour).

Still bave to figure out what to do aboug Aeldys and the Floating Hangman, and wonder whag the Vailian Trading Company wants me to do for them. So lots of fhn ahead..

I wonder if they ever rewrite the Deadfire Company, for it just ****ing ducks sicks that you can do lots of stuff for them and they just decide to kill, just because you are not cool with killing Queen Onekaza II

EDIT: godfukdmmit, the last 1000 iq sentence 

Edited by Daudastund

• 6 months later...

Any other tips or tricks to get this quest to trigger?

Most of my active party is level 20 already and I only need to pick a faction for Ukaizo. Haven't done the vanilla quest on the Black Isles.

I checked and I do have the quest on my first character, but for some reason I can't get in on my current playthrough and it's getting quite... annoying.

"Let's drop the moral posturing, shall we? We both know there's no altruism in this pursuit.
Your reckless indignation led you here - I
counted on it.
There's no
shame in it, Raziel - revenge is motivation enough.
At least it's honest.
Hate me, but do it honestly." - Kain, Scion of Balance

3 hours ago, elohinen said:

Any other tips or tricks to get this quest to trigger?

Most of my active party is level 20 already and I only need to pick a faction for Ukaizo. Haven't done the vanilla quest on the Black Isles.

I checked and I do have the quest on my first character, but for some reason I can't get in on my current playthrough and it's getting quite... annoying.

did you had earthquake event?

signature2jpg-SM2.jpg

11 hours ago, Waski said:

did you had earthquake event?

Umm, I don't think so? To which event do you refer specifically?

"Let's drop the moral posturing, shall we? We both know there's no altruism in this pursuit.
counted on it.
There's no
At least it's honest.

Scripted interaction with big wave while sailing. After that you don't have to wait for Llengrath to land on your  ship and invite you (its bugged), you can just go  to FS a start dlc.  Basically if Black isle is full of tentacles you can start it. 

• Gasp! 1

signature2jpg-SM2.jpg

5 hours ago, Waski said:

Scripted interaction with big wave while sailing. After that you don't have to wait for Llengrath to land on your  ship and invite you (its bugged), you can just go  to FS a start dlc.  Basically if Black isle is full of tentacles you can start it. 

I can't for the life of me remember if that has happened or not. I started this particular playthrough way back in Spring and picked it up again a couple weeks back... That said, after reading your reply I just went there and just like you said, I got it started without encountering Llengrath. Had to do the "puzzle", but I could just walk downstairs.

Then I made a new save, loaded this same file, picked a faction and did their final quest. Then got on my ship and lo 'n behold: there comes Llen to 'ask' for the Watcher's help. So yeah, it's a mess, but at least I got FS finally started.

Anyhow, thanks for the advice!

counted on it.
There's no
At least it's honest.