Jump to content
  • Sign Up
Amentep

R@nd0m V1d30 G@m3 N3w5

Recommended Posts

On 5/8/2020 at 2:24 PM, Skazz said:

Well...

EDIT: Never mind, I decided to edit the table out. I may have lost a SAN check.

That is the way of FATAL..


Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In lieu of E3 indie developers banded together for their own presentation in form of Guerrilla Collective on June 6th-8th. Larian will be there and so will... ZA/UM. Curious. They did say to keep those Disco Elysium saves. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Desperados3 looks as delightful as one would hope.

 

Edited by Wormerine
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Civilization VI breaks the mold and is still being supported. Throughout the next year, every two months a total of 6 DLCs will be released alongside free updates in so called New Frontier Pass, with first DLCs out on May 21st. The price is $39,99.

Ouch. So full price expansion price, for what seems like not expansion size content... or at least parts I would care for. Desperados3 seems like a better investment.

Edited by Wormerine
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"Bones heal, chicks dig scars, pain is temporary, glory is forever."

What is glass but tortured sand?
Never forget! '12.01.13.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Release Date for Immortal Realms: Vampire Wars has been set as 28th August.


Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Oner said:

snip

Well, I played it for a dozen hours after 2.6 dropped. The good news: performance no longer takes a nosedive upon reaching the mid game, so in that sense they fulfilled their promise of improving performance. The game runs pretty well even in the huge-ass fully populated New Horizons galaxy.

The bad news: they accomplished that by disabling the daily/per tick pop job checks, which means pops will just stand around unemployed even though there are free jobs for them to take, forcing you to micromanage it (the AI can't do that). Also the country AI seems to randomly give up and not build or move fleets for no apparent reason, preferring to sit on immense stockpiles of resources instead.

Game optimization in 2020: just # the **** out of everything. genius.jpeg

In short, still cannot recommend it, even "free".

  • Sad 1

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Wormerine said:

Civilization VI breaks the mold and is still being supported. Throughout the next year, every two months a total of 6 DLCs will be released alongside free updates in so called New Frontier Pass, with first DLCs out on May 21st. The price is $39,99.

Ouch. So full price expansion price, for what seems like not expansion size content... or at least parts I would care for. Desperados3 seems like a better investment.

It seems like a sizeable amount of content. My guess is they want to release this now during lockdown, but it's an expansion that is not yet done being developed. So they will do a cascaded release instead of a monolithic expansion. Seems like a fitting approach for the times honestly.

I guess we'll see if the content was really worth it once it's all launched, but I'm always glad to see Civ games getting more support.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Incidentally, it's the 12th of May.


"Bones heal, chicks dig scars, pain is temporary, glory is forever."

What is glass but tortured sand?
Never forget! '12.01.13.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, injurai said:

It seems like a sizeable amount of content. My guess is they want to release this now during lockdown, but it's an expansion that is not yet done being developed.

No, I seriously doubt they would adjust it so quickly for the lockdown. 
As to content, if I count well it's 8 new civs - so same amount as Rising Storm expansion? 

Now it depends how much of the other content will be worthwhile. I never found alternative scenarios fun, so that's unlikely to be worthwhile for me. More buildings, citystates, Wonders etc. is nice but is it really as worthwhile as either of the expansions?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, it will depend on what the game modes are. I would rather game systems, then a mode that turns off and then on various things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-05-13-the-mafia-series-is-getting-a-trilogy-re-release

Mafia remakes on the way, I don't know if I'm looking forward to or dreading their arrival, I expect them to ruin the driving experience of the first game, and they probably won't include wheel support. :(

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

  • Like 4
  • Gasp! 1

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Azdeus said:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-05-13-the-mafia-series-is-getting-a-trilogy-re-release

Mafia remakes on the way, I don't know if I'm looking forward to or dreading their arrival, I expect them to ruin the driving experience of the first game, and they probably won't include wheel support. :(

Yeah, I loved Mafia1, didn't like Mafia2, didn't play Mafia3. I liked how heavy the cars were in M1 and how bit the recoil on guns. I also liked that it wasn't so "mature" - Scorsese style is all good, but I didn't feel M2 pulled it off. Lighthearted bits of M1 and on the nose references made it fun, rather then wanna be prestige film copycat. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Impressed by Epic's engineers.  Hm, I guess game's disk footprints are going to be colossal.

  • Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Malcador said:

Impressed by Epic's engineers.  Hm, I guess game's disk footprints are going to be colossal.

"this is my GTA VI hard drive..."


"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wormerine said:

Yeah, I loved Mafia1, didn't like Mafia2, didn't play Mafia3. I liked how heavy the cars were in M1 and how bit the recoil on guns. I also liked that it wasn't so "mature" - Scorsese style is all good, but I didn't feel M2 pulled it off. Lighthearted bits of M1 and on the nose references made it fun, rather then wanna be prestige film copycat. 

Yeah I was pleasantly surprised by M1 upon release, I didn't really expect much but a cheap knock off from Goodfella's/Godfather etc etc, but I remember being pretty impressed with the open world, graphics, and physics like bullet ridden enemies crawling on the ground trying to get away.

I probably won't buy it because I don't like Mafia stuff anymore (I think The Sopranos ruined it) but it may be worth looking into.


'He who seeks to defend everything, defends nothing."

King Frederick the Great of Prussia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Wormerine said:

Yeah, I loved Mafia1, didn't like Mafia2, didn't play Mafia3. I liked how heavy the cars were in M1 and how bit the recoil on guns. I also liked that it wasn't so "mature" - Scorsese style is all good, but I didn't feel M2 pulled it off. Lighthearted bits of M1 and on the nose references made it fun, rather then wanna be prestige film copycat. 

I'm a massive fan of M1, loved the age M2 was set in, the cars, the guns and such I loved, but I really disliked the main character and the gameplay. Mafia 3 was fun, but it felt more like an GTA reskin than a Mafia game. I also loved the driving of M1, the cars felt really old and I loved that, you had to fight to stay on the road, you coulnd't just keep the pedal to the metal but actually had to plan your driving around the fact that the car didn't handle in an arcadey way; It was unforgiving, but very rewarding to get it done right. No handbrake turns through corners or powerslides, but methodical and controlled.

  • Thanks 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Azdeus said:

I'm a massive fan of M1, loved the age M2 was set in, the cars, the guns and such I loved, but I really disliked the main character and the gameplay. Mafia 3 was fun, but it felt more like an GTA reskin than a Mafia game. I also loved the driving of M1, the cars felt really old and I loved that, you had to fight to stay on the road, you coulnd't just keep the pedal to the metal but actually had to plan your driving around the fact that the car didn't handle in an arcadey way; It was unforgiving, but very rewarding to get it done right. No handbrake turns through corners or powerslides, but methodical and controlled.

fun fact, you can find my photo in M2 if you really look hard. Somewhere around Oyster bay...

  • Like 1
  • Gasp! 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Chilloutman said:

fun fact, you can find my photo in M2 if you really look hard. Somewhere around Oyster bay...

I'll go looking once the remake is out! 😄

  • Thanks 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Azdeus said:

I'll go looking once the remake is out! 😄

good luck hunting, you might find my real name!


I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...