R@nd0m V1d30 G@m3 N3w5

Amentep

1 hour ago, Wormerine said:

Paradox has been putting up some Empire of Sin gameplay content that I completely missed. Still looks like a potential GOTY to me.

I liked Omerta and I'm looking forward to this game.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

1 hour ago, melkathi said:

Paradox though. Makes you wonder if in a few years you'll buy a $200 (after 75% discount) complete edition with all the DLC.

In this way, at long last, Romero will make us his bitch

• Haha 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

5 hours ago, Malcador said:

In this way, at long last, Romero will make us his bitch

Her bitch in this case. 

6 hours ago, melkathi said:

Paradox though. Makes you wonder if in a few years you'll buy a $200 (after 75% discount) complete edition with all the DLC.

Not Paradox in-house project though. Hopefully, even if it will follow somewhat a similar business model, they won’t go to such an extreme as CK2 or EU4. 

23 hours ago, Lexx said:

I mean, if the game would play 1:1 like the original Mafia 1, then I'm most certainly not going to touch it. :p

Like, Mafia 1 was really cool, but I still remember the horrible checkpoint system and balance issues and how often you had to replay chapters, and all the long driving you had to do in *every* mission ... There are quite a few areas that would profit from improvements.

Sure, improvements can be made, like not having a checkpoint system but that driving is part of what made the game great in my opinion. I loved having an open world as set dressing rather than a gameplay feature, I loved being on the watch for cops, deciding wether or not to risk running that red light at 80km/h.

I don't know what you mean about balance issues though?

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

The game was really hard - sometimes in an unfair way. This combined with the checkpoint saving needed some real nerves. 

I was still in school back in the days, so had lots of free time, but if a game would do that to me today, I'd stop playing it after a few hours. 😆

• Haha 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

1 minute ago, Wormerine said:

EAs crack at Tie/XWING series it looks like. Looking forward to how they will **** that one up

Looks more like a Rogue Squadron successor than XWA. It's EA Motive too (of My Face Is Tired fame), so...

• Thanks 1

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

1 minute ago, 213374U said:

Looks more like a Rogue Squadron successor than XWA. It's EA Motive too (of My Face Is Tired fame), so...

If so, then good - I am not terribly interested to begin with 😁. That transfering power moment did pull some strings in my heart.

I was interested. I've been interested in a SW sim like the ones by Totally Games since, erm... 1999? Guess I'll have to keep waiting.

The silver lining is that since it's probably a different kind of game, XWing VM won't be seen as a threat and maybe they won't get C&D'd to oblivion.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

4 hours ago, Lexx said:

The game was really hard - sometimes in an unfair way. This combined with the checkpoint saving needed some real nerves. 

I was still in school back in the days, so had lots of free time, but if a game would do that to me today, I'd stop playing it after a few hours. 😆

Yeah, I was back in school aswell, but I didn't really have any problems when I replayed the game about a decade later. Oh, wait... I was unemployed, doesn't count XD

I do remember some rubberbanding in the driving missions that annoyed me, at times it seemed like the antagonist gained 200hp and racing slicks on you, but other than that I felt it was decently challenging but not unfair, atleast when it came to the shooty bits.

• Thanks 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

1 hour ago, 213374U said:

I was interested

I mean I would be interested if it was a proper space combat sim. The more arcady approaches never worked for me. I am kinds surprised no one attempted to kickstart a proper space combat sim. I mean Chris Roberts did, but then got sidetracked by the whole building-digital-space-universe thing.

Edited by Wormerine
  • Like 1

Squadrons looks like it will be 5 on 5 battles. I'd rather have a single player story, like X-Wing/Tie Fighter.

2 minutes ago, Wormerine said:

I mean I would be interested if it was a proper space combat sim. The more arcady approaches never worked for me. I am kinds surprised no one attempted to kickstart a proper space combat sim. I mean Chris Roberts did, but then got sidetracked by the whole building-digital-space-universe thing.

Elite: Dangerous and X4: Foundations seem to have that pretty well covered.

4 minutes ago, Hurlshot said:

Squadrons looks like it will be 5 on 5 battles. I'd rather have a single player story, like X-Wing/Tie Fighter.

It is going to have a single player campaign. But Battlefront 2 did too. They may be trying to cover all bases and that's never good.

A bit too early for pessimism, perhaps.

10 minutes ago, 213374U said:

It is going to have a single player campaign. But Battlefront 2 did too. They may be trying to cover all bases and that's never good.

A bit too early for pessimism, perhaps.

It's never too early!

But realistically, EA hasn't nailed a good single player campaign in awhile, so I would say pessimism is the right approach for me. I'd be glad to be wrong, but I wish they'd separate these games. Battlefront doesn't need a campaign, focus on making it the best multiplayer game possible. If you want to tell a good story, keep it single player and make that the main focus.

edit: Rockstar does this well, I think. They start with the single player story and build everything around it. Then they develop the multiplayer mode around the engine and art assets, and really don't work on it fully until the story is done. But then again, many would say the multiplayer suffers because of that focus.

Edited by Hurlshot

2 hours ago, Hurlshot said:

Elite: Dangerous and X4: Foundations seem to have that pretty well covered.

Well, E:D was a scam, so does not count. Also both of them are more in line with Privateer or Freelancer. What I am missing is true successor to Wing Commander, Starlancer or Freespace 😢

• Like 2

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours