R@nd0m V1d30 G@m3 N3w5

Amentep

Desperados 3 and System Shock remake got a demo.
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2020/05/27/play-demos-for-desperados-3-and-system-shock-right-now-via-gog/

I can't imagine they are exclusive to the platform, but they are featured on the front page of GOG current sale. Perhaps timed exclusive? It is still 3 weeks until Desperados release (guess who is counting!) so plenty of time to bring it to steam as well. 

EDIT: Yup, Desperados is pretty much a higher budget Shadow Tactics, and that's all I wanted. The pausing Showdown Mode does make things a bit easier, but that might mean I might try to fight a way out instead of immediately reloading. The Demo consist of tutorial, first mission (half tutorial half genuine mission) and a taste of mission no. 3. Runs great, looks great plays great. I love the end-mission detailed replay, and customizable difficulty settings. Can't wait for the release. Mocap improves presentation a lot (as well as more detail and some nice little visual touches), though it is somewhat at odds with lack of facial detail, and blocky hands. 

Edited by Wormerine
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In other news, Necromunda (read: scifi Mordheim) went up for pre-order for a launch 28. August, then had the date changed to Summer 2020. The news is: @melkathi isn't buying it (at this point in time) as they are launching with just 3 out of the 6 core gangs of the setting, even less than the 4 initial warbands of the Mordheim launch.

Game Devs: Because last time we launched Early Access and that gave people an incomplete experience which impacted reviews and sales negatively, we will not do so again.

Also Game Devs: We will do a full launch, not Early Access, with perceived less content than our previous Early Access release.

Edited by melkathi
  • Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

On 5/23/2020 at 1:11 PM, Keyrock said:

Are we entering a new Golden Age of FMV games?

No.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

10 hours ago, melkathi said:

In other news, Necromunda (read: scifi Mordheim) went up for pre-order for a launch 28. August, then had the date changed to Summer 2020. The new is: @melkathi isn't buying it (at this point in time) as they are launching with just 3 out of the 6 core gangs of the setting, even less than the 4 initial warbands of the Mordheim launch.

That's disappointing to hear and the lack of any news about the game already stopped me from expecting anything in the first place.

Their website claims Necromunda's "iconic gangs" will be in the game. As someone who never played the board game, are those gangs in any way interesting? The two they showed in the cinematic trailer looked so boring it turned me off the game even more.

Plus I was hoping to play Arbitrators. Or settle for the Enforcers(?) as discount Arbitrators. Now I'm not sure even they'll be in the game.

They are launching with Goliath (vat-grown bodybuilder foundry workers), Escher (scifi amazon gang with a DNA defect that leaves the men of the bloodline feeble and weak), and Orlocks (pretty vanilla biker gang without bikes).

They left out Cawdor (garbage collectors and religious zealots), Van Saar (high tech but wearing suits because of weakened immune system due to constant rad poisoning), and Delaque (bald spies with goggles and trench coats).

That would have been the core gangs.

The new tabletop version also has:

Chaos Helot Cult (average chaos cultists who do rituals in their spare time)

Corpse Grinder Cult (workers at the Soylent Green factory turned to Khorne worship and cannibalism)

Genestealer Cult

Enforcers

Venators (bounty hunter templates for people who like to convert miniatures)

Ogryn Slaves

The original tabletop had (and those will not make it into the new) :

Spyrers (rich kids with super advanced alien tech hunting poor people for sports)

Ratskins (native Americans wearing giant rat pelts)

Scavvies (the poor scavengers living below the bottom of society, and often mutating in the refuse)

Ash Waste Nomads living outside the hives were teased for the tabletop game.

So were Brat gangs (the original rich kids gangs with hoverbikes in Confrontation and Ian Watson's Space Marine novel)

• Thanks 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Another Death Come True trailer from a few months ago. No English dub or subtitles for this one. I have no clue what is happening but I'm into it. Knowing that it's from the director of Danganronpa, it's a pretty safe bet that this game is going to be really ****ed up. Japanese studios certainly aren't the only ones making really twisted games, but IMHO they are the worldwide leaders at it. Stay weird, Japan.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

https://github.com/electronicarts/CnC_Remastered_Collection

For people that like reading source code, the C&C and Red Alert source code is on Github.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

In pther news, Take 2 reached new level of being ****...

First they cancelled Kerbal Space Program 2, which caused the indie developer going out of business

Second they created new internal studio called Intercept and poached the staff of defunct indie dev

Third they renewed Kerbal Space Program 2 as internal project

All of that allegedly because the Indie devs declined thier offer for possible buyout of studio...

NSFW:

• Gasp! 1
  • Sad 6

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Seems they shafted the studio heads harder than the workers.

Just watched the first 30 seconds and read the title, but didn't Bethesda do exactly the same.

• Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Jokes on them for getting in bed with Bethesda!  A company known for horrendous malpractice.  Besides, every single one of their games is 50% garbage and 50% great (I do like their plots and atmosphere but their game mechanics tend to be absolute tripe).

Sounds like a proper wargame.

24 minutes ago, Sarex said:

So that's where the deep voice announcer went.

Was waiting for him to tell me Shadow Empire was sponsoring this Simple History episode

Edited by Malcador
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, ShadySands said:

Today in games that probably only Shady plays

Hey, I have that wishlisted.

It's just that I am broke and Shady hasn't put it on the giveaway list yet ;)

• Haha 1
  • Hmmm 2

Kane 2020

• Like 3
  • Gasp! 4