Pictures of your games, lucky #13

Amentep

So what resolution and size monitor are you guys using to play Majesty?  I set it to 1024x768 and on my 1440 27" monitor this is representative of what I see, scale wise:

majestyhd-tiny-01.jpg

Can you see the guards and heroes?  Yeah, me either.  Or at least, just barely.  I couldn't play that way, I can barely click on them to bring up their chr menu on the side.  On the 4k TV it's better simply because the screen is 43" so everything is "magnified" in that sense but ... if I drop it to 800x600 (the lowest) it's a little better on the 1440, but then the ui block on the left side (not pictured) takes up more than half the screen and looks visibly stretched  ... there's no middle ground.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

On 10/3/2020 at 7:22 PM, Raithe said:

One giant circle...

F76E7482B0DC105FCE5698E95F4EA0100A674D51

And then filling in the gaps...

C3CBE584771A4745F73F1D271E334193A7B15C45

Ahh, hugely ambitious, my kinda build!

On that note, been plugging away at my pyramid:
440900_20201001145132_1.png

Pretty at night, still need to do the Jhebbal Sag dungeon on this character for the fourth beam:
440900_20201002204440_1.png

Started working on a map room (finally):
440900_20201002220644_1.png

Noticed that, now that I've merged my save games, I'm living pretty close to one of the initial large builds I did with my first character. Some of you might remember this one ;)
440900_20201002203716_1.png

Edited by marelooke
  • Like 2

The Guardian of Hall of Malice

OFRr5JI.jpg

Before you even reach this guardian, you have to go through a boss rush of about 10 sub-bosses. Most are not that hard, but it's a brutal grind regardless. The Echidna battle itself is really hard, I got my ass whooped many times without even coming close to beating her. It's basically a bullet hell fight, plus she has tons of HP. After much frustration I had an idea.

Na3Yaqm.jpg

I brought along the weapon fairy to the battle. I wasn't sure if the game would allow me to bring a fairy to a guardian battle and if the fairy could damage a guardian. Turns out the answers are yes and yes.

1k9pJdc.jpg

It's fitting the weapon fairy is next to me on the victory screen, since she did at least half the damage. I almost felt like I was cheating. Still, it wasn't like I hacked a file to do this. If Nigoro didn't intend using a fairy during a boss fight, they shouldn't have made it possible. Plus, I'm not very good at hardcore platformers, I need all the help I can get. :lol:

7 guardians down.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Sort of a cross between Divine Divinity (1st one) and Diablo maybe? https://store.steampowered.com/app/1154850/9th_Dawn_III/

Take everything - I can agree with that motto!
9th_Dawn_III_2020-10-07_15-31-58-85.jpg

It's not pretty (the run animation is hilarious) and the click combat is a little clunky feeling but it works fine.
9th_Dawn_III_2020-10-07_15-34-21-50.jpg

9th_Dawn_III_2020-10-07_15-47-19-04.jpg

The map is fairly big seems like, with the dungeons you enter being decently maze-d size.  I think I likey.  Edit: plus can eventually tame animals as party members.
9th_Dawn_III_2020-10-07_17-03-41-28.jpg

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Dear Dev's:  I do not think your FPS cap setting works as intended.
fpscap-notworking2.jpg

...it is a bit lower than that while in actual gameplay, but currently forced to use an app to limit it to prevent higher than should be gpu temps over time. Maybe it's just me, dunno.
...and yes, all the BG3 talk influenced my chr. names. :-

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Haha 1

Surtr, the guardian of Icefire Treetop:

cDs07iJ.jpg

There is a lot I love about this game and I think the vast majority of it is very well designed. This is not a well designed boss fight. The concept is cool in theory, but there's way too much RNG involved. After a few failed attempts and finding out that the weapon fairy is actually counterproductive in this battle, I figured out how to manipulate Surtr's AI, so at this point I had the battle solved, but it still took me many more tries, even with the help of the healing fairy, because the RNG of the falling blocks can just straight up screw you over and put you in unwinnable positions. 

CFdSVB5.jpg

When I finally won it wasn't because I played any better, it was because I got a favorable block falling pattern. 

cIVOXWM.jpg

8 guardians down. I'm just happy to have this battle behind me.

PvaEdrc.jpg

Judging by how full my inventory is, I have to be fairly close to the end.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

It's not a kewl pic or anything, but I just wanted to say:  When you use a big screen, sometimes when you pause the game, look away then look back, it's like being startled by Norman Reedus  live, in my room. I'm not sure how I feel about that, but that's what it's like.  :shifty:

DS-PC-00002b.jpg

• Hmmm 2

The guardian of Eternal Prison, Resident Evil 5 Jill Valentine. :shifty:

cQ3jrbY.jpg

8NXGno5.jpg

9KzRkxl.jpg

IKitCac.jpg

I did it! Battle's over... but wait...

hy7LgE0.jpg

KhLfOxX.jpg

This time it's really over.

qLlgBxe.jpg

pAtzR9H.jpg

9 guardians down, I'm definitely in the home stretch now.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Axis Football Diaries: Week 8 vs Cleveland Coyotes: Now in HD!

Gotta pick the right helmet, jersey, pants combo for each game. That's how we started this win streak.

TWE56vA.png

The 'experts' don't believe in San Fran Magic.

ZZS0HBF.png

We force a 3 and out on their first possession and then go right down the field. Scored on this pass to my RB/FB Hill.

7gbayrn.jpg

They immediately fumble on their next offensive series.

sjCamrr.jpg

McGee throws a nice pass here for our second score.

Igu4zcK.jpg

Busted coverage. I don't even know what they were trying to do.

CQBYCcr.jpg

This was a conversion on a 3rd and 19. I settled for a field goal.

AMrlj7j.jpg

The Coyoties didn't watch film of last week when I torched Tennessee on corner blitzes because that's exactly what they do here. This was a TD.

a3kkC62.jpg

They finally get into the endzone in the 3rd quarter.

a4DXbpz.jpg

They're going for it on 4th every time. I was in prevent and my DE Perry gets his 2nd INT of the season.

WLhFnLe.jpg

This was kinda petty given the score, but I'd spent all game setting it up with run plays. This was my first and only playaction pass or early downs pass.

DfF45u9.jpg

Final Score: 41 - 17

I'm in a three way tie for first place in tier 3 half way through the season.

22Uti03.png

Edited by the_dog_days
  • Like 2

There is a good question here, why would anyone drink that?

jSFGYTY.jpg

Sometimes the simplest option is the best option. So I punched him.

JZ3PVee.jpg

I have to remember if I ever run afoul of Polish police, just talk Norwegian to them.

HHbCHH8.jpg

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Sigh.  All these games I've been trying, they're fun for a little while but they do not narrow-focus "obsess" me. So back to FFXV at the moment because Ansel screenshotting can pointlessly suck up hours with all the "camera directing" one does.

Ansel-00025718b.jpg

Plus, I mean, doesn't everyone want to wait 15 minutes to take a 130GB screenshot of a CGI eyeball just to see what happens?  :sorcerer:
130GBeyeball1.jpg

Note: Windows Photo Viewer/irfan/other viewers do not seem to like images over 15x 4k - at 20x4k they tell me there's no memory left or that it's not a real or corrupt file and whatnot. Party pooper programs. Guess I need 128+GB RAM and NASA imaging software or something to actually view such shots...I suppose 15360x8640 will have to do instead. :shifty:

Edited by LadyCrimson

Axis Football Diaries: Week 9 vs Montreal Terrapins: You Had Me Goin' For a Minute

I'm using my 'Ohio State' unies for this game.

2zFFpw5.png

James hops on the bandwagon. I think these are actually the names of the devs.

aG2AUKe.png

This is McGee's first interception this year. Took almost 200 attempts for the first one.

SvGKTq9.jpg

They get the ball and go down to kick a field goal. They've got a great run game. Makes me feel like crap.

First Quarter: 0 - 3

They throw an interception of their own here.

4Sqk1NT.jpg

RB/FB Hill fumbles and gives it right back. They put together a short drive and score.

uitAtpa.jpg

They score another field goal. At this point I'm scared. The terrapins are playing great and we're doing terrible. For a change of pace I even try nothing but passing on one series. I got sacked on that series. We're only down two scores, we have the ball with around 4 minutes left in the half, and we're supposed to get the ball at the start of the second half. We start by running a bit of the clock 'cause I don't like my defense's chances against their team in a 2 minute offense. The drive stalls and we have a critical 4th down where my TE Wheeler comes up with this big catch to continue the drive.

rD5fzP5.jpg

We eventually get a touchdown on the drive and the final seconds of the first half run out while they try to return the ensuing kickoff.

Second Quarter: 10 - 13

Third quarter is slow. Me running the clock to shorten the game and them stalling out on drives.

Third Quarter: 10 - 13

We finally get a drive together and score a touchdown on catch from Merrill, the second of the two burners I signed in the offseason.

XvewJuQ.jpg

Their QB Whitt throws his second INT of the game.

Sws3vVl.jpg

Wheeler scores the final points of the game.

xCVCKKE.jpg

Final Score: 24 - 13

In the second quarter I just knew we were about to get blown out. These guys had our number. I think they matched up well against us. Luckily we managed to hold on and come back. This is one of the reasons I like the full 15 minute quarters: when it's AI players against AI players either team can mount a comeback.

• Like 1

The 10th and final guardian:

8MPiSq2.jpg

This is a really well designed battle. It's difficult and grueling, but not unfair. It's the final boss, so it's supposed to be difficult.

nxENJvL.jpg

Phase 2 has some RNG, but bad RNG doesn't completely screw you, like it does in the Surtr battle, it just draws things out a bit.

2iOqX4u.jpg

This took me more times than I can remember to complete, but eventually I did it.

LhDMMIY.jpg

After the battle is an escape sequence.

7Y7f5W9.jpg

rN0xlcH.jpg

eKYqgJf.jpg

Great game. 72 hours well spent.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 3

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

12 hours ago, the_dog_days said:

Was it as epic as FF6's escape sequence?

It's more comparable to the escape sequence from Metroid, though it's not timed (perhaps on hard mode?)

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

*clicks folders*  - "Let's see how the days Ansel-ing came out."

Cool shot.

Ansel-00025722.jpg

Cool shot.
Ansel-00025723.jpg

Cool shot.
Ansel-00025719.jpg

Should have been a cool shot.  Not cool, game.
Ansel-00025720.jpg

...I guess this game looks all right.  :-
May turn off that chromatic aberration or whatchamacallit tho. 

OuterWorlds-02.jpg

• Like 2

I think I like the night (?) better.  Also, can you imagine having a moon that huge in the sky all the time?  Us on-Earth humans get all "oooo" when our moon is just a little bit bigger than normal/low in the sky. If we were on this planet we'd all faint or something.  I have to move faster in the game tho ... you don't get very far when you have the game on for 10-15 minutes at a time and spend most of it looking at the sky.  :shifty: 

OuterWorlds-03.jpg

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Like 2