Pictures of your games, lucky #13

Amentep

1 minute ago, Keyrock said:

^Man, the sisters in Othercide look creepy AF. How is the gameplay, Oner? It looks X-COM-ish.

Some of the camera angles are unflattering for them, like the top left corner profile shots, but otherwise they're fine. The black corruption? growing across their faces is unsettling in a good way though.

Not sure what to say about the gameplay. Roguelikes have some amazing concepts sometimes but I rarely enjoy playing them in practice, plus I'm still early in. All in all, it's fun and polished, but I have issues. Every enemy type has unique AI and you have to memorize their combat patterns before the fight cause you can't check during missions. Not that they always adhere to them in my experience. Some enemies get to attack after using all their AP to move, others don't. I want to look into what's up with that but my play sessions have been short.
Earn Memories by doing SomethingTM, equip them on your daughters, lose them if when they die, good luck replacing them. Restarting the timeline kills all your daughters and so far I can resurrect 1 per run, which might be okay with some people but I'm getting the Darkest Dungeon sociopath CEO bad vibes again. (The daughters dying like flies is intended tragedy, but this part of it doesn't have much emotional weight, especially since they don't really have personalities.) Having 1 overpowered daughter is useful
So far I haven't seen the combo potential the game is trying to advertise, like knocking an enemy into your ally who has their Attack Enemies After They Stop Moving stance active. These combos have been too niche so far because they're fiddly to set up, or not worth the action/HP investment.
Voice acting is a bit inconsistent, some lines convey the Mother's angst well, others sound like emo poetry excerpts.

That said, again, the gameplay is fun so far and I'm still at the first in-game week and the atmosphere is good.

Or were you asking what the gameplay is like? :lol: It's XCOM, you take 3 daughters on a mission, usually one of each class (haven't checked if taking more from one is even allowed), equip them with Memories to modify their skills and activate Remembrances to give them passive benefits and earn Traits during missions for slight modifications. Levels aren't procedurally generated, there's a small pool of them where you fight similarly to XCOM, but instead of turns, everything moves on a timeline. If you spend less than 50 AP out of 100, you get to move sooner on the timeline again, at the cost of getting less done RIGHT NOW. Blademasters are squishy but bring the hurt, gunslingers buff or run interference and shieldbearers.... nominally tank, but you're trying to minimize damage, so I have them stuck on disruption duty. Normally each daughter can only undertake one mission per day and if they get hurt you have to sacrifice another, equivalent level daughter to heal them. So yeah, you're going to restart the timeline a lot, by design.

And uh, I must say, the daughter death cries? They've nailed them so well the first time I heard it I felt miserable. :lol:

• Thanks 2

It was so hot this week I played AI: The Somnium Files instead of Othercide to spare my PC and brain cells.

eOVFMkQ.jpg

Why indeed.

BDDaWh0.jpg

jjaHY7t.jpg

jcsSy3i.jpg

Pewter looks ridiculous, I love it.

37rrTad.jpg

I suggest looking up this scene on youtube. :lol:

jYfIHV9.jpg

zuQEXT7.jpg

MinecraftCeption

08fvWMV.jpg

D'awwww

SGk2276.jpg

Uh, spoilers? Not really.

• Gasp! 1

Ippokampus is the full name of the ability I think.

The game's alternate spelling for the mythological sea-horse Hippocampus.

Pandora's Box is an ability that copies a random ability from the game. This time it copied one of the skills, I think from the Vessel hidden class which has "summons" like that.

• Thanks 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Union City seems like a veritable utopia, there's definitely nothing sinister going on behind the scenes...

vvlU0cy.jpg

DxefFR5.jpg

Spankles, get the sensation!

n2YnQZs.jpg

CxeRFrm.jpg

• Hmmm 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

On 8/31/2020 at 6:55 AM, Keyrock said:

She may well have bad breath, but I wouldn't say that to an Irish war goddess' face.

I wouldn't say that to an Irish woman period. Definitively not an Irish woman on her period.

• Haha 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif