Pictures of your games, lucky #13

Amentep

Time for some bayou arson.

3FD7Ndg.jpg

We don't need no water let the mother****er burn. Burn mother****er burn.

b8J2tB2.jpg

v9HtDO3.jpg

1XVa7vH.jpg

This level presented numerous challenges because of my pacifist rules:

* Tied up thugs sink in the swampy areas and they die, so I had to make sure to move all bodies to solid ground.

* I had to get all tied up thugs off the river queen before torching it.

* There are quite a few guard dogs in this level and I refuse to knock out a dog because I'm not a heinous disgusting monster.

The desperado difficulty pacifist run remains intact through 11 levels.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Back to N'awlins for the final level of chapter 2.

pgEAr2a.jpg

0QlmMLh.jpg

For whatever reason, I found this mission significantly easier than the previous one in the swamp. I also didn't use a disguise for the first time in a mission where a disguise was available. I suppose if I'm ever crazy enough to try to do the desperado difficulty, pacifist, no disguise run, that's one less mission I have to replay.

nzhsOMB.jpg

UkQbOUP.jpg

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I'm on the third and final chapter now. It starts off with the all hope is seemingly lost portion of the story.

DTVGDGO.jpg

5z2RU2k.jpg

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 3

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

It feels like I'm really close to the end of the game.

k8h2RyG.jpg

This was another mission that has a disguise in it and I didn't use it.

YdhXpFr.jpg

yR01RmJ.jpg

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

On 7/9/2020 at 3:40 PM, Skazz said:

Three cheers for Fervus!

10CWus8.jpg

What kind of rig do you play that best game in the world, on? I wonder if the sprites would be too speedy on my main rig, now.  One day I'll install DK1 and perhaps finally I will no longer be able to hand grab lvl10 imps effectively.

• Haha 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

1 hour ago, LadyCrimson said:

What kind of rig do you play that best game in the world, on? I wonder if the sprites would be too speedy on my main rig, now.  One day I'll install DK1 and perhaps finally I will no longer be able to hand grab lvl10 imps effectively.

I am on an i5-3570K @ 3.40GHz 4.00GHz with 8GB RAM. (just writing the first random stuff I read when clicking on System)

Edited by melkathi

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

23 hours ago, LadyCrimson said:

I have one of those prepackaged Trident PCs. As I'm not much of a hardware guy, I'll do what Melkathi did and just list stuff from System: Intel Core i5-7400 CPU @ 3.00GHz, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB.

I vaguely recall running into a problem with sprite speed some time in the past, but iirc a visit to Steam forums revealed a quick fix.

Edited by Skazz

sLUKqaI.jpg

HIBAkSY.jpg

qCqCJKt.jpg

I'm sure the ending of this game will surprise nobody, it's a by the numbers revenge story, but I'll spoiler tag this just in case.

1UtkqrY.jpg

F8Qyo3h.jpg

As best as I can tell, it's impossible to do the final battle non-lethal. You can take out all the common thugs in the area one by one, if you're careful and clever, but Frank is surrounded by 8 of his lieutenants (leftenants if you are British), and you HAVE TO take all 8 of them out all at the same time. There is only 1 non-lethal attack in the game that can take out multiple targets, Doc's gas flask, but the way the lieutenants are positioned, you can only get 2 of them in the AoE. Even if you somehow figure out how to get 3 with the gas, that's still not enough. You don't have control over Cooper (he's busy with Frank), so if you get 3 with Doc, 1 with Kate, 1 with Isabelle, and 1 with Hector, plus one more due to Isabelle's link ability, that makes 7, which is still 1 short. You need an attack that can take out 4 targets at once, and the only attack that can do that is Hector's shotgun.

What I'm saying is that I'm not counting these kills against my pacifist run, because it's impossible to do the final showdown non-lethal. I have a hard save right at this spot, so if I have an epiphany, I'll go back and do it non-lethal, but I'm fairly convinced it's impossible.

FtmDClL.jpg

I even got the badge for not killing anyone except mission targets, implying the developers know that non-lethal is impossible in this mission. I also didn't use a disguise in this mission and one was available.

FIBvjVE.jpg

This concludes my successful Desperado Difficulty Pacifist Run of Desperados 3. This will go on my list of greatest stealth gaming achievements, next to my ghost pacifist run of Deus Ex: Mankind Divided and just below eliminating an elusive target stealth assassin, suit only in HITMAN.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 2

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

A clock tower with griffon-gargoyle-critters

UemmveA.jpg

I was told to hire an additional mercenary and I can select a portrait Keyrock would select!

Mp59DNT.jpg

Or one I could name Guarddog or the_dog_days or Skazz's profile pic

8jJXJ0y.jpg

Win-win-win situations:

OKqITmt.jpg

dAJ0b14.jpg

And when trouble comes looking, we look right back:

4rhvrvh.jpg

AQeHWE4.jpg

iATn06y.jpg

And while the one character's name makes me hum that Mr Mister song, this one is named Rio and he dances on the sand, just like that river twisting through a dusty land

xmqBtGb.jpg

Not the MVP I would have picked, seeing how my Knight stood in a corner of the map getting the **** beaten out of her by some bandits while the rest of the team cleared up their friends, but she did a lot of healing:

POKPIHO.jpg

• Like 4

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

LotRO

My heroic hobbit guardian Mirabell:

Qc1yQwP.jpg

I'm honestly shocked I managed to get this only slightly off-brand spelling of Mirabelle and didn't have to resort to adding a string of numbers.

Dream sequence featuring ersatz Cate Blanchett:

K95wV1J.jpg

Fly you fools!

of9zTao.jpg

• Like 3

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Mirabell got herself a Bounder Feathered Hat. Look at how stylish it is. Marvel at its refined beauty:

EUjOEtB.jpg

As an aside, does everybody start in The Shire or only Hobbits?

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Only Hobbits start in the Shire but you can go to all the starting areas for cheap at the stables in Michel Delving. Men and Man-bears start in Archet in Bree-land, all Elves start in Celondim in Ered Luin, and all dwarves also start in Ered Luin but in the north at Thorin's Hall.

When I start a new character I pretty much always complete all the starting areas before moving on. I'm always amused by how low stakes the Shire is in general.

Edited by ShadySands
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

22 hours ago, ShadySands said:

Only Hobbits start in the Shire but you can go to all the starting areas for cheap at the stables in Michel Delving. Men and Man-bears start in Archet in Bree-land, all Elves start in Celondim in Ered Luin, and all dwarves also start in Ered Luin but in the north at Thorin's Hall.

When I start a new character I pretty much always complete all the starting areas before moving on. I'm always amused by how low stakes the Shire is in general.

The Shire is just such a relaxing area to explore. It also breaks the 'kill 10 bears' mold extremely well. I mean, you have to deliver mail while avoiding noisy hobbits, taste test pies, and go on a pub crawl.  

Code Vein.

Spoilers for the final boss and the ending.

Spoiler

B4Citht.jpg

CA2wump.jpg

jR4n1SZ.jpg

VqIxscV.jpg

9AIH9MO.jpg
By "cooperation" they mean not killing them on purpose, I suppose.
cNRFtoc.jpg
"Food, here I come".

I could not create Shrek (the most relatable protagonist ever), I am sorry.

DSX5w9J.png

Apparently, Louis disliked my most glorious beard.

oGTxFBx.jpg

uni9i20.jpg

CwOFwLE.jpg

N9tuXtq.jpg

ULnYMm3.jpg

vfU5H7U.jpg

• Like 2

^ You got the true ending. I got the true ending the second time through on my NG+ run, I got the neutral ending first time through. I neither have the testicular fortitude nor the gaming skill to attempt a NG++ run to get the bad ending and 100% the game.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

On 8/1/2020 at 9:27 PM, Hawke64 said:

Code Vein.

Spoilers for the final boss and the ending.

Reveal hidden contents

B4Citht.jpg

CA2wump.jpg

jR4n1SZ.jpg

VqIxscV.jpg

9AIH9MO.jpg
By "cooperation" they mean not killing them on purpose, I suppose.
cNRFtoc.jpg
"Food, here I come".

I could not create Shrek (the most relatable protagonist ever), I am sorry.

oGTxFBx.jpg

Is that Tourette? :o

Matoya, gotta love her
ffxiv_12052020_211006_335.png

Hmm, things look...off...? (but pretty)
ffxiv_13052020_201739_878.png

Ok, where the flip am I, and why am I here, serously. You there, give me some answers...!
ffxiv_13052020_202049_895.png

Mysteriously mysterious mystery guy
ffxiv_16052020_180405_183.png

Feo-Ui, the cute little branch to my adorable sapling ❤️
ffxiv_16052020_192427_147.png

Prettiest castle in the First (no real spoilers, just condensing post)

Spoiler

ffxiv_17052020_152344_790.png

ffxiv_17052020_175803_773.png

Wonder who lives there
ffxiv_17052020_152703_562.png
Eeeeeeh, is "no" a valid answer?

Majestic (actual spoilers)

Spoiler

ffxiv_17052020_180109_664.png

Whatcha looking at? Who doesn't sleep full plate pyjamas?!
ffxiv_18052020_182131_454.png

Every ending marks a new beginning (major spoilers)

Spoiler

ffxiv_21052020_175306_869.png

Oh god, did they put something in the drink...again?
ffxiv_21052020_202514_836.png

Me-gasp!-ow!
ffxiv_22052020_000715_096.png