Pictures of your games, lucky #13

Amentep

21 minutes ago, Hurlshot said:

fxJDEh-KMcnrOmoYPjcsCGGOYsvbGhS9M_Ld2eSp

Lord of the Rings Online has aged pretty well. My son, who was born about 4 years after the game came out, wanted to play. I'm hooked again.

Picture doesn't load but yes, LOTRO is the only MMO I've ever hit the level cap on.

There's just something deep and infinite of Middle Earths atmosphere which I find intriguing, despite its flaws.

44 minutes ago, ComradeMaster said:

Picture doesn't load but yes, LOTRO is the only MMO I've ever hit the level cap on.

There's just something deep and infinite of Middle Earths atmosphere which I find intriguing, despite its flaws.

Weird. Tried to fix it.

^ Loads fine for me at the moment.

Can you play that MMO solo?  I don't mind not being able to do group-dungeons or something, but is general gameplay soloable, like WoW was?

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

9 hours ago, LadyCrimson said:

^ Loads fine for me at the moment.

Can you play that MMO solo?  I don't mind not being able to do group-dungeons or something, but is general gameplay soloable, like WoW was?

Yep, very soloable. I've played it off and on for over a decade and rarely group with anyone.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Hurlshot said:

Yep, very soloable. I've played it off and on for over a decade and rarely group with anyone.

Can you play an orc, or do you have to be a filthy do-gooder?

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Just now, Keyrock said:

Can you play an orc, or do you have to be a filthy do-gooder?

They have something called Monster Play, where you can be a Warg, Orc, and some other baddies. I haven't played much with it, I think it is more of a PvP type option.

https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Monster_Play_Character

It's really more geared towards following in the footsteps of the Fellowship and cleaning up all their messes.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, melkathi said:

Lotro I never made it out of the tutorial.

When did you try it? It's been improved a bit over time

I love the game so I'd suggest that you stick with it. We can even do an Obsidian kinship (LOTRO version of a guild or whatever) if enough people are interested

Free games updated 3/4/21

Years ago, when the game told me to follow an NPC over there *waves in whatever direction the quest text said* and the NPC ran over that way *points in the opposite direction*

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Who's got 2 scaly thumbs and a second destroyer? This guy. Behold my Split Rattlesnake:

AX5NwKt.png

JVt0gKV.png

fH4yGh4.png

nkXCuIX.png

I had been saving the really hard to get components for tier 3 (highest AFAIK) engine and hull mods for this exact occasion. The engine mod increased thrust in all directions (forward, reverse, strafe, and turning speed) and the hull mod decreased mass (without decreasing HP) and drag, further increasing thrust. That took what was already an exceptionally fast and nimble destroyer right past ludicrous and straight to plaid. I also did basic shield mods on all the shields. No weapon mods yet since I don't have the components, but even stock this ship has massive firepower.

Believe me when I tell you that I earned this ship. I got the money when I went into Zyarth Patriarchy space for some Xenon cleanup duty. The sector I was cleaning up was right next to a Xenon core sector and they sent a nearly infinite number of fighters and frigates at my Odysseus destroyer while I bombarded their stations. They damn near overwhelmed me with sheer numbers many times (they actually did a couple times but save scumming to the rescue).

This is now the flagship of my fleet, and it's starting to look like a real fleet. My military stands at 2 destroyers, 4 frigates, 2 heavy fighters, and 3 scouts. I'm not quite ready to roll into a Xenon core sector and go to war, but I'm getting there. I can definitely defend my own space, that's for sure.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Interesting. I tried watching that on YouTube and it asked me to sign in to confirm my age. Must protect impressionable kids from, er, the great games of old?

• Haha 1

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

22 hours ago, 213374U said:

Interesting. I tried watching that on YouTube and it asked me to sign in to confirm my age. Must protect impressionable kids from, er, the great games of old?

I don't want any problems, so I made it age restricted.

Would anyone like some trash loot? (I stuff it into "town stash" so other chrs can sell it. Nothing else to use up my 7000ish Eridium with)

Borderlands3_2020-05-18_11-39-59-34.jpg

See this insect-body and weirdly petal-ed head creature? It normally flies and that's all you really see, in distant form. The petals are very closed (didn't even realize the head was like that). This one glitched in the ground and thanks to Photo Mode ....

Borderlands3_2020-05-18_21-14-29-07.jpg

.....apparently, they have a face!

Borderlands3_2020-05-18_21-12-58-06.jpg

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

It should say "slain".

Slayed is rapidly gaining popularity, but there are still enough of us around who know that to slay is an irregular verb. You had a quest to slay the monster. You slew the monster. The monster was slain.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Oh, grammar.  Well you know it's going to end like it did with snuck instead of sneaked, so why bother. Languages are alive and change with times.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

57 minutes ago, Majek said:

Oh, grammar.  Well you know it's going to end like it did with snuck instead of sneaked, so why bother. Languages are alive and change with times.

That one I really wanted to strangle J. K. Rowling for. Harry Potter sure sneaked a LOT with his invisibility cloak. I just looks... wrong. Wrong, I say. WRONG.

• Haha 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Breaking the Vodyani blockade at Ghykra:

bXzhAxp.jpg

Bomber squadron on attack run on Vodyani Ark in the Sirius system:

leTc0Xh.jpg

Invading Dursay to force the Lumeris to pull back from the invasion of Hissho space:

Spoiler

Q2fplAN.jpg

(the Hissho and United Empire never understood how much I did for them...)

Gj6zciB.jpg

bYSV572.jpg

The Vodyani trying to break through at Rigel:

Spoiler

iZrrMn6.jpg

NLWoZ9J.jpg

03nw7RY.jpg

kyr0997.jpg

3JReagq.jpg

mFucYvj.jpg

The battle marked the end of Vodyani significance, as they were left with two small colonies hidden in Lumeris space.

• Like 1