Pictures of your games, lucky #13

Amentep

Do you get to walk around in X4?

I thought I was going to be able to do that in Elite: Dangerous, but I'm trapped in my ship. If I land on a planet, I can use a rover, but at no point do I get to stretch my legs. Always seems to be a weird limitation. Of course, in No Man's Sky I can wander around, but I can't get into that setting at all.

3 minutes ago, Hurlshot said:

Do you get to walk around in X4?

Yes, but you don't get to land on planets, you only get to dock at stations. But you do get to walk around the stations, or portions of them, anyway.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Walking ist the worst part of mech warrior 5. After loading the game it starts you in the mech bay, where you have nothing to do. So you have to run over to the stairs and walk up to the bridge. Fun the first time around, but after a couple of missions it becomes really bothersome. 

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I wouldn't have minded if there was more to see and do and interactivity but as it is it's just annoying

Of course, I hated the combat too so there's that. I personally think it's the worst of all the MechWarrior and maybe even all BattleTech games... not including some of the console ones.

Edited by ShadySands

Free games updated 3/4/21

3 hours ago, melkathi said:

Yeah, just as I was with the elevators in Mass Effect...

I don't know man, I'm really looking forward to an all Elcor rendition of Hamlet

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Hmm ... this photo mode is very close/almost the same as Death Stranding's (and another one or two games I've seen I think). Altho DS has some more options. Wonder what base software package it's from. Not that it matters since I don't make games.  =]  Becoming the average "type/style" default for photo mode I guess.

Borderlands3_2020-04-14_14-06-37-84.jpg

Borderlands3_2020-04-14_14-14-22-11.jpg

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

13 minutes ago, melkathi said:

There is a Pandora mod for Death Stranding? Walking endless distances trying to escape Claptrap's babbling?

I love Borderlands, but I can't stand Claptrap. Thankfully, they've greatly reduced his role in 3, so he isn't as grating.

Tyreen, on the other hand...

15 minutes ago, Skazz said:

Tyreen, on the other hand...

At least you can skip cutscenes now. if you spam a button.

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

5 hours ago, Skazz said:

Then again, that doesn't really help with random bouts of HEY SUPERFAN while you explore.

It also doesn't help with the long talk-info scenes ("Give me Vault Key, now going to talk mission stuff for 3 minutes").

But at least I can finally get cool shots of Meat-Puppet.  Worth it.   😛

Borderlands3_2020-04-14_16-06-05-70.jpg

Borderlands3_2020-04-14_20-24-08-54.jpg

Borderlands3_2020-04-14_20-24-42-96.jpg

• Like 2

It's been a long time coming, but I finally have my Teladi Buzzard Vanguard:

eFZKKBG.png

UC56HpO.png

nuJskwd.png

UKPuTny.png

It's almost completely decked out, the only thing missing is that the center hardpoint, right below the ****pit, is currently empty; it will eventually house a mk2 tracking missile launcher. Top of the line engines, top of the line thrusters, top of the line shields, top of the line software, and 2 mk2 shard batteries (basically shotguns). Until I get my missile launcher (soon), I won't have much return firepower at range (in theory shard batteries have a maximum range of nearly 3 km, but in practice they're not very effective past 800m or so), but if I close distance on a target, the shard batteries will shred enemies rapidly.

I can go toe to toe with any other heavy fighter, I obliterate light fighters, and scouts... well, they're a problem because they're so damn fast and maneuverable, but at the same time, they present no threat to me, because they simply don't have the firepower to get through my shields unless I do something really stupid. All I need is one dumb mistake from a scout and my shard batteries will vaporize them. As for larger vessels, I can definitely take on freighters, not that I turn to piracy, generally, but gunboats and frigates would be a big issue, since they have so much more firepower than I do, and I don't have the correct loadout to deal with them (if I ever do decide to try to take on a gunboat or frigate, I would swap the shard batteries for plasma cannons, and swap my eventual tracking missile launcher for a torpedo launcher). Still, I would at least not get instantly vaporized by a gunboat, so I at least would have the opportunity to flee. (The Buzzard's biggest drawback is that it is relatively slow for a heavy fighter and a gunboat or frigate could mostly keep up with me, but I could certainly outmaneuver them, my turn speeds are way faster).

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Started up a new game as Keyrockaethom Thaxymperum Kresusiso IX, aspiring Teladi entrepreneur. Here is my starting Kestrel Vanguard:

jI4uwjd.png

It's a scout and, like most Teladi ships, it has average firepower (for a scout, which is to say very little), a very generous cargo hold, a beefy hull, and is quite slow (for a scout).

5dNXDLv.png

Here is my Vulture Vanguard:

1nd824K.png

It's a freighter and it's Teladi, so again, big cargo hold, strong hull, slow. On the far left of the picture below is the Kestrel, for scale:

ZpLHi91.png

Here's what it look like from inside the schlongpit (since this site auto-censors ****pit for some reason):

Y9m55ew.png

There's the ship's pilot and captain Gantelios Trosulis Yahanis V. Also, the station we're on is my Sunrise Flower Farm. As a fun bit of attention to detail, my view, when on foot, is that of a Teladi and Teladi are considerably shorter than humans, so humans seem like giants when I come up to them. :lol:

I don't think there are any mirrors in the game, but if I ever find one, I'll take a screenie of what I look like. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

The Surge 2.
(pretty low settings)
Xj3N63C.jpg
No gory intro this time.

6bSY2YL.jpg

6PsF9DS.jpg
I admire the level design - large green arrows that fit the setting.

89IK4j5.jpg

X0pGKQi.jpg
Little Johnny defeated.

mvYY2vU.jpg
It feels a bit ironic to play a game about a city on lockdown now.

FGZNvgL.jpg
Captain Cervantes defeated.

0Om9RT7.jpg
There was a similar thing in DS.

4YUSMIc.jpg
Delver defeated.

EE30AaD.jpg

O4erffH.jpg

NpbKf6G.jpg

• Like 1

When you have a new ship built, you can actually watch it slowly materialize:

XK1wKUn.png

Nanomachines, son!

lZRmVc1.png

My Teladi Osprey Sentinel:

VOvlJ8C.png

Like all my ships, it bears my company logo:

4pRM9TC.png

SuJxkus.png

It's not completely barebones. It has mid-level engines and thrusters, light shields, and one beam emitter turret. I have 3 other turret slots to fill and 2 fixed hardpoints, which will be torpedo launchers eventually.

zUFpbgf.png

The schlongpit, or bridge, I guess:

fGx2LWu.png

There is room to land 1 small craft on top of the Osprey. Here is my (soon to be sacrificed) Kestrel landing:

ykDqMLE.png

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸