Pictures of your games, lucky #13

Amentep

In this instance: Attack of the Earthlings. A game in which you play the alien skulking through air vents, killing the humans that came to your planet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

From the Games Not Even Melkathi Would Likely Play files, here's a couple very early X4: Foundations pics:

suBfRVL.png

IyQJakR.png

Right now I'm less playing the game and more fine tuning the control setup of my new flightstick. To it's credit, the game has a profile for my exact flightstick (Thrustmaster T.1600M HOTAS), though it's not exactly how I want it set up, but at least it gives me a solid base to start from. As a bonus, here's the flightstick in question:

6vr1LkU.jpg

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Just now, melkathi said:

I tried, bust as I don't have a nifty joystick and stuff like that, the X series are not that playable for me.

They are quite playable with m&kb alone, though it obviously won't be quite as good an experience as with a good flightstick, but the learning curve for these games is BRUTAL and the time commitment to get anywhere is massive.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I can't remember who first made that snarky remark "It's one of those games only keyrock or melkathi play and won't say what it is". I do think it was when you were playing Jotun.

• Haha 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

2 minutes ago, Keyrock said:

They are quite playable with m&kb alone, though it obviously won't be quite as good an experience as with a good flightstick, but the learning curve for these games is BRUTAL and the time commitment to get anywhere is massive.

That's why I so enjoyed Freelancer. So easy to get into.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, melkathi said:

I can't remember who first made that snarky remark "It's one of those games only keyrock or melkathi play and won't say what it is". I do think it was when you were playing Jotun.

As far as I'm concerned, Jotun itself didn't tell me what Jotun is.

• Haha 1

The starting ship, an Elite Vanguard. Think of it like you would a Z-95 Headhunter, it was once a great ship, but its time has passed:

OX2GdUu.png

I bought this Callisto Courier. I can't afford a real deal freighter yet, so this will have to do. It's not much to look at, but at least it has a significantly larger cargo hold than the Elite Vanguard:

esONRYU.png

VZqT0BA.png

wJktTGM.png

Egosoft continuing their longstanding tradition of horrifically ugly character models:

Uw3Gd0r.png

Yn9XL8S.png

Edited by Keyrock
  • Thanks 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸