Does anybody have any step by step guides or tips for leveling quickly in the early game? Specifically, I'm looking at how to get from level 1 - level 7 as quickly as possible.

I find that I love trying new builds (especially multiclass builds), but many multiclass builds don't really get rolling until acquiring a few skill levels. I'm basically looking for how to accelerate this early part of the game and level as quickly as possible so I can decide whether or not I like my build. Thanks!

Well, sans the blessing to get to level 4 from the get-go, you can quickly gather xp from just sailing around. Consult the thread on gaining experience without much combat here: 

There's also an xp bonus for just encountering new locations. Nemnok's dungeon gives some sky high discovery xp, so consider those if you really need to push for xp.

Besides doing non-violent quests and exploration ship fights are one of the easiest and quickest way to gain XP and good loot early on - because your char level doesn't matter in ship fights. But you have to know what you are doing. One big step is to either hire Berath-Blessing master sailors or hiring potential 4-star cannoneers otherwise.

Potential 4-star means they have no star in anything else than cannoneer. After a few ship fights they will have 4 and you can take on the fat ships. 

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

19 hours ago, Yefo said:

Does anybody have any step by step guides or tips for leveling quickly in the early game? Specifically, I'm looking at how to get from level 1 - level 7 as quickly as possible.

I find that I love trying new builds (especially multiclass builds), but many multiclass builds don't really get rolling until acquiring a few skill levels. I'm basically looking for how to accelerate this early part of the game and level as quickly as possible so I can decide whether or not I like my build. Thanks!

have you considered using the berath's blessing that automatically levels you up to level 4?