Will they fix the buggy mess that is switch PoE

I dont know how to reply to your comment but you cant refund a game you bought on the online nintendo store I loved playing it on steam a while ago than decided to buy it on switch and oh man it was the worst decision of my life its a buggy mess I played a hour of the game and it just got all messed up 

I bought the game yesterday at like midnight I think than played it today and it turned into a buggy mess

Edited by Cr1tikalMoist

Because i literally can't refund it and I would if I could but I can't but if I can send a submission in or idk how anything works and I can get a refund thatd be nice n cool

heres a quote from what I said when you asked 

Do Switch purchases not offer any refund policy or are you past the grace period?

I replied with 

you cant refund a game you bought on the online nintendo store

Edited by Cr1tikalMoist

• 7 months later...

Obsidian didn't do any console ports, they are only responsible for the Windows/Mac/Linux versions of the game. The Publisher gave the game to another dev studio for porting it to consoles. Afaik that's also the case for the Switch port. 

Hence I don't think that Obsidian themselves are doing patching on the Switch at all. 

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

On 10/22/2020 at 2:19 AM, Boeroer said:

Obsidian didn't do any console ports, they are only responsible for the Windows/Mac/Linux versions of the game. The Publisher gave the game to another dev studio for porting it to consoles. Afaik that's also the case for the Switch port. 

Hence I don't think that Obsidian themselves are doing patching on the Switch at all. 

Yeah, Obsidian washed their hands of the ports (the Outer World ports to a lesser extent). I don't think it's helped either franchise by them doing so, though - and I'd like to think Obsidian would want to protect the quality of their franchises, regardless of what platform it is on, but this just seems like "give us money, you go do ports, leave us alone."

It can be difficult to refund Switch games, there was a lot of Reddit posts on the Pillars Switch port where people had to argue with Nintendo for the refund, even though it was clearly a broken game, which sucked.

This whole experience taught me that if you can't fully commit to a port (both franchise holder and port company), they probably shouldn't do it. Not every game needs a Switch port if you can't do it well.

• 1 month later...