8 hours ago, dgray62 said:

Thanks for the advice, Kaylon. I didn't even realize that Torc of the Falcon's Eyes is available in Deadfire. I don't think I've ever received it as random loot. Guess it's truly random!

I didn't realize that this was in the game either. So what are generic but powerful items that are only randomly found?

Torc of the Falcon's Eyes, Bracers of Greater Deflection (well, now found in the DLC content as a fixed drop), and what else?

Edited by Lampros

3 hours ago, Lampros said:

I didn't realize that this was in the game either. So what are generic but powerful items that are only randomly found?

Torc of the Falcon's Eyes, Bracers of Greater Deflection (well, now found in the DLC content as a fixed drop), and what else?

The most notable are the Dragon Pendant, the Blunting Belt, the Boots of the White...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Has anybody actually found the Torc, though? I don't recall ever seeing it in any of my playthroughs.

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

That would be unfortunate, though it would most certainly not stop me.

• Haha 1

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

How about the Boots of the White? Anybody found them?

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, AndreaColombo said:

Is that preferable to Boots of the Stone? Or in what character/tactic would Boots of the White be more appropriate? Boots of the Stone has been such a solid option for me that I never looked elsewhere before, so I'd like to hear about alternative foot gear.

4 hours ago, AndreaColombo said:

Yes, I they're loot from the battle with the other group of fanatics on the glacier in BoW DLC. 

As for comparing them, they might be better than Boots of Stone for some builds. They give you +1 RES, +2 freeze AR and resistance to DEX afflictions.

• Like 2