Do you guys think it would be possible to prevent drug crash from applying after the drug effect restart when Arcane Dampening wears off ?

It's really annoying for Nalpazca.

Nalpazca might need a little nerf after that (kind of strict upgrade of Normal monk when on drugs) but that's another story.

I don't think he's a strict upgrade of vanilla monk. If a Nalpasca is out of drugs he can't heal and gets -1 wounds per tick which is pretty bad. Sure, you are better than the average monk when using drugs, but you are way, way worse when not. And Arcane Dampener (which is pretty common later in the game) would still be a huge pain.

I consider the removal of crash after AD wears off a bugfix. 

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

1 hour ago, Boeroer said:

I don't think he's a strict upgrade of vanilla monk. If a Nalpasca is out of drugs he can't heal and gets -1 wounds per tick which is pretty bad. Sure, you are better than the average monk when using drugs, but you are way, way worse when not. And Arcane Dampener (which is pretty common later in the game) would still be a huge pain.

I consider the removal of crash after AD wears off a bugfix. 

• Yep, but that leads Nalpazca to be way better for those critical fights. I wasn't thining about a big nerf. Something like -10 Fortitude (-15 like Furyshaper or Unbroken malus to other secondary defenses would be too much cause fortitude is really important) so that Nalpazaca isn't strictly better when on drugs.

5 hours ago, Elric Galad said:

Do you guys think it would be possible to prevent drug crash from applying after the drug effect restart when Arcane Dampening wears off ?

It's really annoying for Nalpazca.

I do agree that it's annoying, and thinking it would be great if Arcane Dampener didn't affect drugs (and maybe even food). They aren't that arcane after all.

But I don't know how to implement it.

There is a way to make Arcane Dampener ignore characters under drug status effect, but that's not what we want.

We could make drugs to not count as beneficial effect, such that `SuspendBeneficialEffects` would ignore it. But then comes RES, Suppress Affliction and other related stuff.

Just now, MaxQuest said:

I do agree that it's annoying, and thinking it would be great if Arcane Dampener didn't affect drugs (and maybe even food). They aren't that arcane after all.

But I don't know how to implement it.

There is a way to make Arcane Dampener ignore characters under drug status effect, but that's not what we want.

We could make drugs to not count as beneficial effect, such that `SuspendBeneficialEffects` would ignore it. But then comes RES, Suppress Affliction and other related stuff.

That would make a bit too "safe" to use. I think the best thing to do would be to remove the crash after arcane dampener wears off.
I can have a look at it, but the initial question was more about the opportnity to implement a solution in CP (rather than BPM 🙂 )

• Thanks 1

If you can remove a crash with the console (never tried actually) it should be doable with a mod, shouldn't it? I don't mind that drug effects get suppressed by Arcane Dampener - they are timed benefical effects after all - but that crash once the AD is gone is kind of silly and a reoccurring complaint. It would be no big deal if AD wasn't that widely used later in the game. I mean those Scriveners etc. in the Drowned Barrows will cast AD before they even stretch in the morning... 

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

On 3/10/2021 at 6:07 PM, Elric Galad said:

I think the best thing to do would be to remove the crash after arcane dampener wears off.

This can probably be done by adding to Arcane Dampener an effect (with onDurationEnd) that would briefly grant immunity to crash effects.

But there will be a caveat: that AD will be come a cheap way to remove crash stuff.

Ideally that effect would have to check if the character is under effect of any drug; and if yes: provide a momentary immunity to crash effects.

48 minutes ago, MaxQuest said:

This can probably be done by adding to Arcane Dampener an effect (with onDurationEnd) that would briefly grant immunity to crash effects.

But there will be a caveat: that AD will be come a cheap way to remove crash stuff.

Ideally that effect would have to check if the character is under effect of any drug; and if yes: provide a momentary immunity to crash effects.

The ideal correction would be to add continuous crash immunity to drug effects. It would require to check that the crash is correctly applied when it wears off.

On 3/12/2021 at 2:37 PM, MaxQuest said:

gn.drug_crash_remove.gamedatabundle

This should do the trick. Just tested. Tell me if you're interested in including it in CP.

• Thanks 1

• 9 months later...

A few more bugs to fix if it ever gets an update:

• Sacred Immolation AoE duration isn't affected by PL (only the duration of the self damage); also the self damage part is considered ranged and is increased by ranged damage bonuses (pets, etc)
  • Indecisive from Orishia doesn't work
  • Fire in the Hole/Hand Mortar trigger Powder Burns twice per attack (needs more confirmations)

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Kaylon said:

• Sacred Immolation AoE duration isn't affected by PL (only the duration of the self damage); also the self damage part is considered ranged and is increased by ranged damage bonuses (pets, etc)
  • Fire in the Hole/Hand Mortar trigger Powder Burns twice per attack (needs more confirmations)

[5.0.1] Amulet Orishia doesn't work as intented - Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Technical Support (Spoiler Warning!) - Obsidian Forum Community

For the second one

All AoE durations do not scale with PL. Slicken and Returning Storm and Ryngrim's Repulsive Visage and Great Maelstrom etc. My guess is that if AoE durations scaled with PL pulsing spells would be even more overpowered than they are now. 

As a side note beam spell duration doesn't even scale with intellect.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, NotDumbEnough said:

All AoE durations do not scale with PL. Slicken and Returning Storm and Ryngrim's Repulsive Visage and Great Maelstrom etc. My guess is that if AoE durations scaled with PL pulsing spells would be even more overpowered than they are now. 

As a side note beam spell duration doesn't even scale with intellect.

But not all of them do damages to you during a duration that scales with PL 😉 (and decreases with Resolve TBH)

On 1/10/2022 at 4:22 PM, Kaylon said:

[...]

It will be corrected with next version of BPM.

As usually with bugfix, feel free to ask me the files for inclusion in CP.