10 hours ago, Aurelio said:

I always use notepad++ and the "search in files" option with subdirectories. If you know the text you are looking for it should be easy to find all spots where the text is used.

Works like a charm! Thank you very much, @Aurelio

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Great!

Notepad++ is a very good tool and yet free.

When creating the german translation mod for steam I also used the "XML Tool" Plugin for Notepad++ alot.

With the "Validate now" option and this file, you can check for syntax errors of the XMLfile or for duplicated IDs.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/AurelioSilver/pillarsofeternity-2-german-patch/master/translation_helper/stringtable.xsd

This was pretty handy because e.g. I had to copy all IDs from the various gui.stringtable files in the laxx subfolders into one huge gui.stringtable file.

With the following file and the option "XSL Transformation" I could sort all IDs and then check for duplicated IDS and throw them out.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/AurelioSilver/pillarsofeternity-2-german-patch/master/translation_helper/sort.xsl

I also found some ID strings this way, which were translated slightly differently, even when it was the same ID.

Edited by Aurelio
  • Like 1

ever since windows got the linux subsystem on it, i'm going to be one of those grognards recommending people taking a look at bash shell scripting and VIM (my most recent mechanics find was based on some shell scripting and vim)

On 11/2/2020 at 6:54 PM, thelee said:

hey while doing some AI scripting I noticed some issues in vanilla:

the AI doesn't recognize kalakoth's minor blights or arkemyr's enchanted armory as "summoned weapons" which leads to some scripting troubles. is this something that can easily be fixed by a missing keyword or something?

I've checked the Keywords but all seem normal.
If anybody has an idea about this, I'll be interested too but I admit I'm not an expert about what change AI behaviour.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Elric Galad said:

I've checked the Keywords but all seem normal.
If anybody has an idea about this, I'll be interested too but I admit I'm not an expert about what change AI behaviour.

if it's any clue one or both of them also don't count as the type of weapon. i forget which, but either {kalakoth + self: is ranged weapon equipped} and/or {arkemyr + self: is melee weapon equipped} didn't work. i didn't have this problem when it was caedebold's black bow or concelhaut or the pike.

i ended up just scripting fassina with "is threatening anyone in melee" to trigger my melee-based buffing and differentiating from kalakoth's.

Edited by thelee

2 hours ago, thelee said:

if it's any clue one or both of them also don't count as the type of weapon. i forget which, but either {kalakoth + self: is ranged weapon equipped} and/or {arkemyr + self: is melee weapon equipped} didn't work. i didn't have this problem when it was caedebold's black bow or concelhaut or the pike.

i ended up just scripting fassina with "is threatening anyone in melee" to trigger my melee-based buffing and differentiating from kalakoth's.

cl.wizard.summoned_weapon_ai_anomaly.gamedatabundle

You might try this then. The treatasweapon atribute has its mysterious ways but might soewhat solve some issues (though blackbow din't require it).
I've not tested this though.

10 hours ago, Boeroer said:

What's Arkemyr's Enchanted Armory @thelee?

you know, the one that creates a bunch of mirror images around you!

lordy, that spell is one that i keep writing down as arkemyr's in eveyr context, even though i know lore-wise it makes no sense and it's obviously citzal's. *sigh*

• Haha 3

...and my next ship will be called Citzal's Exciting Amory, to continue in the tradition of lore-consistent soft-core movie titles I've been honoring since my first playthrough.

• Haha 3

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

3 minutes ago, AndreaColombo said:

...and my next ship will be called Citzal's Exciting Amory, to continue in the tradition of lore-consistent soft-core movie titles I've been honoring since my first playthrough.

Direballs also sounds like one of those movies tbh. ;)

• Haha 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

It is, but it's a short one ;) I try to stick to longer spell names that start by the name of the Wizard, like Arkermyr's Capricious Ex, Llengrath's Safeword, and Ninagauth's Throbbing Pillar.

• Haha 3

Minoletta's Massage Salve

Maura's Hentai Tentacles

Concelhaut's Monolithic Staff

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...

Cheers!

I'm doing a revive because of "Penetrating Imbue".

I just now created a hireling Arcane Archer and looked at the ability screen. I have spotted two tiny problems:

• The ability "Penetrating Imbue" has no unique icon but uses the same icon as the subclass. I made a quick icon for this (see below).
  • The name is a bit off because "imbue" is a verb - but in this case it should be a noun. I would suggest "Penetrating Imbuement"

Would it be okay to change those two little things with the next update (whenever that is - I don't think this is pressing)?

See you!

---

Icon

svg:
penetrating_imbuement.svg

png:
penetrating_imbuement.png?dl=1

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Boeroer said:

Would it be okay to change those two little things with the next update (whenever that is - I don't think this is pressing)?

I see no problems. Great work!

• Like 2

@Boeroer can u give me an alternative version with few rays? Now i see 19 rays, can you decrease rays count to 12-13 and make it more thick in base?

Edited by Phenomenum

5 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

Like so maybe? 

Yes, this should be better! Because on small icons rays looks too thin. 👍

I'll post preview tomorrow.

Edited by Phenomenum
  • Like 1

FjYNj06.png

@Boeroer I see a problem with centering, because initial Arcan Archer icon "weight distibution" is not centered and Imbue icon appears totally centered.

Maybe you can change Arcane Archer's icon – make flame more symmetrical? Any other suggestions?

Edited by Phenomenum

I see. Yeah ok I will try to add some more flame material in the bottom left of the Arcane Archer icon so the arrow will be more centered. Will take me a bit because my sister is visiting atm.  

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Boeroer said:

more flame material in the bottom left of the Arcane Archer icon so the arrow will be more centered

Yes, exactly what i mean. And... i have another idea for pen. imbue icon. I'll draw it later.

Take your time, don't worry)

Edited by Phenomenum
  • Like 1