5 hours ago, AndreaColombo said:

Could somebody please confirm the Typo component of the Community Patch is working?

It doesn't seem to work for me.

Easiest way to check is verify whether Priest class descriptions include their favored and disfavored dispositions. If not, then it's not working.

I'll test. Class descriptions where? In the glossary? Character creation? 

• Thanks 1

Yep, should appear right there. Thank you for checking.

@Elric Galadany idea why it may not be working? Files all appear to be in order.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

24 minutes ago, Aurelio said:

Which files do you download?

CommunityPatch - Typos Version 1.0.1 ?

I'm using my local files, which should equate those available for download at the Nexus as I don't think I added much to them until very recently.

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Yes, but this post above about: Not there at character creation for hired adventurer.

If there is no text in the typo patch files.... no wonder it does not work.

Also please note that some text at char creation is used from abilities.stringtable and some from gui.stringtable. The are duplicated but only take sometimes from one file or from the other.

Ah, I see what you mean. I've just downloaded the typo component from the Nexus and it is indeed lacking the dispositions I'd added to abilities.stringtable.

I'll add them to gui.stringtable too *, but I don't think that's the (only) problem. I've run into typos I'd already fixed in my current playthrough, which suggests the typo component just isn't working at all—and I have no idea why.

* I'd added the text to the class description, whereas gui.stringtable only carries the bonus spells they earn so no modification necessary there.

Edited by AndreaColombo

30 minutes ago, Aurelio said:

How many mods do you have and how are they installed. Steam, override folder?

Several, all in the override folder.

My files follow the same folder structure as can be seen in those downloaded from the Nexus, as I tried to replicate exactly the originals' directory. I'm loading it close to last; I'd need to check, but I believe only the improved UI mod is loaded after it.

No dice. I've tried loading the typo stuff exclusively and still can't get the dispositions to show.

All right, I got it to work both by itself and in conjunction with other mods (loaded second-to-last, with Enhanced UI loaded last.)

The dispositions only show in the ability tree, so I'll find the strings that display during character creation to add them there as well. Last I checked, I couldn't find them in gui.stringtable so they might be elsewhere. *

I'll also look into adding favored and disfavored dispositions to Paladin orders.

The true test, however, will be whether I run again into a typo I've already fixed. A typo in the text where you recruit Oswald as a crew member is what tipped me off the first time. We'll see.

Here's the updated package as it is right now for those interested:

CommunityPatchTypos.rar

Thanks for checking and helping out, @Aurelio and @Ivanfyodorovich!

* EDIT: They're in cyclopedia.stringtable for every deity but Woedica. I'm not sure I want to put dispositions in the cyclopedia entry, though. Thoughts?

Edited by AndreaColombo
  • Like 1

hey while doing some AI scripting I noticed some issues in vanilla:

the AI doesn't recognize kalakoth's minor blights or arkemyr's enchanted armory as "summoned weapons" which leads to some scripting troubles. is this something that can easily be fixed by a missing keyword or something?

• Like 2

Anybody know what file hosts King Wingauro's dialog from The Beast of Winter? I can't seem to find it.

I also couldn't fine the Steel Garrote class description anywhere.

On 11/2/2020 at 6:54 PM, thelee said:

hey while doing some AI scripting I noticed some issues in vanilla:

the AI doesn't recognize kalakoth's minor blights or arkemyr's enchanted armory as "summoned weapons" which leads to some scripting troubles. is this something that can easily be fixed by a missing keyword or something?

I'll check for KW.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, AndreaColombo said:

Anybody know what file hosts King Wingauro's dialog from The Beast of Winter? I can't seem to find it.

I also couldn't fine the Steel Garrote class description anywhere.

The King's dialogue is stored in lax02_01_cv_huana_wandering_soul.stringtable which in the in lax2_exported.

Steel Garrote class description should be in the cyclopedia.stringtable and abilities.stringtable files inside of the laxg_exported.

• Thanks 1

Thank you, @Kvellen

Would you happen to know the whereabouts of the dialog from your very first encounter with Furrante, when he hands you Serafen?

It does indeed. How do you find these so efficiently? I'd been looking for that one for forever!

• Like 1

Don't know how Kvellen does it, but if you create a project for an IDE (such as Visual Studio, Eclipse, PhpStorm or whatever) from such sources you can search for strings of text in all files easily.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Interesting. That would save me a metric ton of time. How would I got about it in Visual Studio?

1 hour ago, AndreaColombo said:

It does indeed. How do you find these so efficiently? I'd been looking for that one for forever!

Process of elimination really. Looking for a folder that might correspond to the location for the encounter or the place the character is frequently found. Skimming through the names of the files in those folders looking for anything that might match the name of the character (or even the name of another character in the same conversation), location where the conversation takes place, or a vague description of the encounter/character. Then opening up any file that seems like it might be right in Notepad++, and searching for a piece of text I know should be there.

I'd probably have looked in the folder where the character's audio files are located, and see if I could track down the name of the conversation from one of the files.

Files that correspond to things added in DLC and patches usually tend to be one of the lax*_exported folders. Which was the case for the Steel Garrote.

Edited by Kvellen
  • Like 1