7 hours ago, Boeroer said:

@Vielo: nice thing. I personally think 50% lash AND recovery boost is too much - but on the other hand it's 2 Zeal.

I think I personally would stick to 1 Zeal and would only use the recovery speedup (20% like you said) and replace the original FoD. Too bad AoE size isn't displayed in the tooltip. That's also the case with Shared Flames and some other upgraded abilities who get an addititional AoE of some sorts. And of course you can't see any AoE indicator. I don't expect this to get "fixed", but would it be possible?

Only thing i'm afraid: it can be used with Brilliant to constant speed up party members. So i prefer to avoid this. With one Zeal it can be OPW even without Brilliant. So the questions is:
1. Remove or not original FoD.
2. Lash damage. Originally it was +30% Fire damage.
3. Recovery time bonus. Originally it was -20% Recovery time. -15% if fine too.
4. Use Zeal or per Encounter. If we use Zeal, effects should be less powerful and 2 Zeal cost to prevent spam.
5. AoE radius. Originally it was about 3 m, but i think it's too low and 5 m (like all paladin Auras) will be fine.

About highlight: i'll try another trick, but for now adding fake AoE attack doesn't working with abilities with GameData.WeaponAttackAbilityComponent, where you forced to pick one target for attack.

Edited by Phenomenum

5 hours ago, Elric Galad said:

2 Times per encounter would not prevent SoT exploit. What do you call Brillant Exploit if it is not with SoT ?

I mean, you can spam it if you have endless resource pool via Brilliant inspiration and constantly speed up party members. I don't want to add cheat-like ability.

Edited by Phenomenum

1 hour ago, Noqn said:

I don't think it's good practice to arbitrarily limit abilities just because Brilliant exists.

TO ALL: write your suggestions.
2. Lash damage.
3. Recovery time bonus.
4. AoE radius.
5. Ability cost. Resources pool or per encounter.

2 hours ago, Phenomenum said:

I mean, you can spam it if you have endless resource pool via Brilliant inspiration and constantly speed up party members. I don't want to add cheat-like ability.

15% Speed up isn't exactly cheating, especially for 2 Zeal and 6s duration. It is roughly equivalent to Quick inspiration and DEX isn't even the most prioritarized stat. How many absurd stuff can be done with 2 spell restorations using brillant ?

2 Zeals is also more or less equivalent to a Tier IV - VII Spells (based on what I call the "Trickster ressource equivalence table", which can be various stuff from a party-wide Aware (this one is even Tier III) to DftF or +20 party Wide deflection.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Elric Galad said:

It is roughly equivalent to Quick inspiration and DEX isn't even the most prioritarized stat.

Actually, they can stack, but...

2 minutes ago, Elric Galad said:

How many absurd stuff can be done with 2 spell restorations using brillant ?

I agreed.

Write your suggestions:
2. Lash damage.
3. Recovery time bonus.
4. AoE radius.

7 minutes ago, Phenomenum said:

TO ALL: write your suggestions.
2. Lash damage.
3. Recovery time bonus.
4. AoE radius.

1. No, because 2 zeals.
2. 50% is fine, aslo +2PR as it it currently coded, and +10 Acc as FoD.
3. 15%
4. Align with White Flame for the sake of consitency.
5. 2 Zeals

Do you want the ability to be upgradable with Eternal Flame and Shared Flames ?

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Elric Galad said:

1. No, because 2 zeals.

And if it will be 1 Zeal, then yes?

8 minutes ago, Elric Galad said:

4. Align with White Flame for the sake of consitency.

It's only 2.5 m. which is kinda small, based on my playtests.

9 minutes ago, Elric Galad said:

Do you want the ability to be upgradable with Eternal Flame and Shared Flames ?

No. It's in a row with Eternal Flame and Shared Flames and mutually exclusive.

x94eiHk.png

cl.frermas.vielo_vidorio_2020.zip

Here's a test. You can put it into whatever mod to other files (Community Patch for example). Open it with any text redactor:
                {
                    "$type": "Game.GameData.AttackAOEComponent, Assembly-CSharp",
                    "BlastSize": "Override",
                    "BlastRadiusOverride": 5, Here you can change AoE radious
                    "DamageAngle": 360,
                    "ExcludePrimaryTarget": "false",
                    "IgnoreParentTarget": "false",
                    "ExcludeSelf": "true",
                    "BlastPhysicsForce": 500,
                    "PushFromCaster": "false"
                },
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        {
            "$type": "Game.GameData.WeaponAttackAbilityGameData, Assembly-CSharp",
            "DebugName": "Vielo_Vidorio",
            "ID": "72864613-52e4-40d9-b871-3e057b09d739",
            "Components": [
                {
                    "$type": "Game.GameData.GenericAbilityComponent, Assembly-CSharp",
                    "KeywordsIDs": [
                        "f0dbb330-1b06-4175-8ce4-efe790b99213"
                    ],
                    "DisplayName": 2071,
                    "Description": 320,
                    "DescriptionTactical": -1,
                    "UpgradeDescriptions": [
                        {
                            "String": 2072,
                            "StringTactical": -1
                        }
                    ],
                    "UpgradedFromID": "02e11c52-6ca1-4817-835d-e130fdb5b104",
                    "Vocalization": "AbilityCast",
                    "Icon": "gui/icons/abilities/paladin/vielo_vidorio.png",
                    "UsageType": "ClassPowerPool",
                    "UsageValue": 2, Here you can change Zeal cost
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Under "Vielo_Vidorio_SE_RecoveryMult" and "Vielo_Vidorio_SE_BurnDamage" in "BaseValue" sections you can change Burning lash additional damage (0.5 means +50%) and Recovery time bonus (0.8 means -20% Recovery Time).

Test it in your game, to figure out how it works on practice. You need Pallegina to do this for obvious reason.

Edited by Phenomenum

About Vielo Vidorio, I personnaly don't like when an ability upgrade comes with a an increased cost. Greater Lay on Hands and Hands of Light comes to mind, and always have been an annoying point for me. 

I would rather see Brilliant nerfed, rather than having interesting designs being squashed for fear of their interaction. 

I would also prefer if the recovery bonus was integrated in FoD, rather than be an upgrade, because as it stands now, it 'competes' (not really because Pallegina wouldn't be able to make another choice) with Shared Flames, both upgrade following a very similar buff-my-close-allies theme.

I haven't done any testing, being away from my gaming computer, but I'm wondering if VV recovery bonus stack in duration ? If it does, can a dual wielding Pallegina grant 12s of the buff ?

On the cosmetic side, should VV change the flame's color to red, the same color as WotFS ?

I would love to see some changes to the WildMind subclass of Seraphen : I've never done a complete playthought with him, with his original subclass, because the chance of him blowing himself up, while small, is everpresent in the back of my mind. Some tweaks of his unique Cipher subclass would be amazing, but its far from being a priority.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Heukalyptus said:

About Vielo Vidorio, I personnaly don't like when an ability upgrade comes with a an increased cost. Greater Lay on Hands and Hands of Light comes to mind, and always have been an annoying point for me. 

Besides the rest of your VV-statement (which I agree with): usually you will keep the root ability if an upgrade increases the cost. 

Making VV an integral part of FoD (like Gilded Enmity is an integral part of Sworn Enemy for Goldpacts for example) would be my preferred solution as well. Difference is: VV's not an automatic ability (one just gets by picking the subclass) so maybe that's a problem.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Thanks 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

12 hours ago, Heukalyptus said:

I would also prefer if the recovery bonus was integrated in FoD, rather than be an upgrade, because as it stands now, it 'competes' (not really because Pallegina wouldn't be able to make another choice) with Shared Flames, both upgrade following a very similar buff-my-close-allies theme.

1 hour ago, Boeroer said:

Making VV an integral part of FoD (like Gilded Enmity is an integral part of Sworn Enemy for Goldpacts for example) would be my preferred solution as well. Difference is: VV's not an automatic ability (one just gets by picking the subclass) so maybe that's a problem.

Yeah, I agree that it should've been integrated like Kind Wayfarer's Flames... but since Vielo Vidorio is explicitly designed as a standalone ability, I think it should be kept as it is. It's also worth noting that Pallegina's  Wrath of the Five Suns isn't auto-grant nor integrated, so the origianl design is at least consistent with her current abilities.

On 3/2/2020 at 6:22 PM, Phenomenum said:

2. Lash damage.
3. Recovery time bonus.
4. AoE radius.

imo it feels best to remove the bonus leash and keep the 1 Zeal cost, making it closer to Shared Flames.

1. Replace Flames of Devotions.
2. 20%, as Flames of Devotions.
3. 20%, as original.
4. 2.5m radius, same as Shared Flames and Kind Wayfarers AoE.
5. 1 Zeal, as original.

Edited by Noqn

I misremembered about Wrath of the Five Suns being auto-grant, and it turns out there is gamedata that implies that Wrath of the Five Suns was once a passive like Gilded Enmity, which obviously would have been be a lot cooler.

{
	"$type": "Game.GameData.GenericAbilityGameData, Assembly-CSharp",
	"DebugName": "Wrath_of_the_Five_Suns",
	"ID": "a9f07686-a064-4733-82f6-37dd1784c77a",

{
	"DebugName": "Wrath_of_the_Five_Suns_BrandEnemy",
	"ID": "2df1aa92-df90-4a01-bb58-f4b94943b280",

{
	"DebugName": "Wrath_of_the_Five_Suns_SwornRival",
	"ID": "b6ebb36d-5552-44ed-acf0-a5cbd910c901",

Makes it easier to justify replacing FoD with VV and keeping Shared Flames and Eternal Devotion as upgrades, like Kind Wayfarer.

• Like 1

I would do so as well. 1 Zeal and make the recovery redution an "automatic" FoD bonus for Brotherhood of the Five Suns Paladins (like White or Black Flames).

It's nice if you can apply VV and Shared Flames with one attack (and let it have with the exact same duration and AoE as Shared Flames to avoid confusion).

Sounds well balanced and intuitive enough. Pretty nice support Paladin that way.

Wrath of the Five Suns can then be good with Eternal Devotion (will get the burning lash). I forgot: will the projectile scaling (with Power Level) also be adressed? 

As I understand it, we would be numerous to like both FoD and SE having baseline their Brotherhood of the Five Suns bonus, but that would mean Pallegina gets 2 free PL1 abilities, right ? Because of the auto-granted skills nature of Paladins' orders ? Would it be crazy to have two separate Brotherhood of the Five Suns subclasses, one with the FoD bonus, one with the SE upgrade, and have Pallegina get either of them depending of her standing with her order at the end of PoE1 ??? That way, whatever her PoE1 outcome, she gets one free skill (White Flame, VV or WotFS). 

Its already possible for Pallegina to be a Kind Wayfarer, wearing Desgraza Breastplate, if the disobeyed her orders + souls not given to Dyrwood.

If she obeyed and Dyrwood was strenghened, she's wearing the Five Suns Breastplate, and she could get Wrath of the Five Suns.

If she obeyed and Dyrwood didn't get strenghened, she's wearing the Honor Guard Breastplate, and would get VV, 

If this is indeed way more trouble than its worth, then the Frermàs mes Canc Suolias order could just grant Pallegina two free PL1 abilities, and for balance sake, either nerfed them a bit or nerfed the PL0 Paladin passive, Faith and Conviction.

Hm... right. 

Solution 1: FoD + VV is not a free PL1 ability but instead if you pick FoD it comes with VV automatically

Solution 2: Sworn Enemy isn't the free ability anymore but FoD + VV is. 

Solution 3: VV is a pickable upgrade to FoD just like Shared Flames and Eternal Devotion in the same PL.

1 hour ago, Boeroer said:

Solution 1: FoD + VV is not a free PL1 ability but instead if you pick FoD it comes with VV automatically

Solution 2: Sworn Enemy isn't the free ability anymore but FoD + VV is. 

Solution 3: VV is a pickable upgrade to FoD just like Shared Flames and Eternal Devotion in the same PL.

Looking at it now, it's probably going to have to be the third option since the other two require overwriting the entire Paladin progression table.

Appending abilities is painless and won't cause compatability issues.

Spoiler

{
	"$type": "Game.GameData.BaseProgressionTableAppendGameData, Assembly-CSharp",
	"DebugName": "Vielo_Vidorio_Append_Table",
	"ID": "549387b1-2ec3-3129-693e-98aaa8d38a2d",
		{
			"$type": "Game.GameData.BaseProgressionTableAppendComponent, Assembly-CSharp",
			"BaseTableID": "7af80bf4-f8fc-48ff-b02e-884b2e7b12f9",
			"AbilityUnlocks": [
				{
					"Note": "PL 3 Unlock - Vielo Vidorio",
					"Category": "General",
					"UnlockStyle": "Unlock",
					"ActivationObject": "Self",
					"AddAbilityID": "72864613-52e4-40d9-b871-3e057b09d739",
					"RemoveAbilityID": "02e11c52-6ca1-4817-835d-e130fdb5b104",
					"Prerequisites": {
						"MinimumCharacterLevel": 1,
						"PowerLevelRequirement": {
							"ClassID": "f64b5a21-2dd1-41ae-8562-60ce099b25aa",
							"MinimumPowerLevel": 3
						},
						"RequiresAbilityID": "02e11c52-6ca1-4817-835d-e130fdb5b104",
						"Conditional": {
							"Operator": 0,
							"Components": []
						},
						"VisibilityConditional": {
							"Operator": 0,
								{
									"$type": "OEIFormats.FlowCharts.ConditionalCall, OEIFormats",
									"Data": {
										"FullName": "Boolean ProgressionTableIsSubclass(Guid)",
										"Parameters": [
											"48b15f43-0457-4c96-8689-3c04605753cf"
										],
										"Flags": "",
										"UnrealCall": "",
										"FunctionHash": 1231916529,
										"ParameterHash": 1383843209
									},
									"Not": false,
									"Operator": 0
								}
							]
						},
						"IsMutuallyExclusiveUpgrade": "true"
					}
				}
			]
		}
	]
}

vv.thumb.png.297a966efa890c81ea09699f546d482a.png

Edited by Noqn
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Noqn said:

Looking at it now, it's probably going to have to be the third option since the other two require overwriting the entire Paladin progression table.

Indeed.

Also i agreed with Boeroer: there's two options
1. VV as upgrade of FoD with 1 Zeal cost and FoD REPLACEMENT
2. VV as upgrade of FoD with 2 Zeal cost and KEEP FoD as separate 1st level ability.

I prefer option 2, because of greater versatility.

Still, it takes about 1 week before i'll fix other small bugs, so i'm free for suggestions.

But i don't want to mess with entire progression table for this. VV is a small favor bonus to Pallegina (sort of restored consistency with PoE 1), nothing more.

Edited by Phenomenum

• 1 month later...

I recently started playing again and decided to do a full run with the community patch and I get this error. I don't remember this happening when I played last year. It only happens with the patch activated on the abilities that change functionality like backstab, riposte and these ones.

biting whip error.jpg

Sunless Grasp error.jpg

Wow, never saw that happen. I played with the Community Patch for some hundret hours and the only "bugs" I saw were mechanical ones (like SHattered Pillar's Lesser Wounds reducing the max wound count back to 5 again - and such). But nothing so glitchy like this. 

How did you install the mod? Manually or with this Vortex thing from Nexus (unfortunaltely it doesn't work with that Vortex thing)?

If manually (according to the installation instructions): Maybe some files got corrupted during download? Seem like some addresses got mangled up but who knows.

Maybe delete all the Communuty Patch mod folders and reinstall?

• 1 month later...

Hello,

Where can I download the community patch addon ? It doesn't seem possible to download it from here, and I can't find anything on the nexus either.

Or is this a WIP not available for everyone yet ?

Thanks !

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/27/2020 at 4:10 PM, johncdp said:

Hello,

Where can I download the community patch addon ? It doesn't seem possible to download it from here, and I can't find anything on the nexus either.

Or is this a WIP not available for everyone yet ?

Thanks !

Same here, wonder where we can download the addon patch!

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

@Phenomenum, @MaxQuest, are either of you still active at all?

I'm going through the game again and fixing a number of typos as I go. Once I get to the end, I'll have an updated typo component for the Community Patch at the ready, but in your absence I wouldn't be able to upload it to the Nexus.

If push comes to shove, would you be willing to include it in your Balance Polishing mod as an update for the Community Patch, @Elric Galad?

Also, while we're here—there are two dialogs I'd like to fix but cannot find in the game's files. One is the dialog from your very first meeting with Furrante, where he "lends" you Serafen. The other is the dialog with Oswald right after you save him from the Woedicans and ask him to join your ship crew. If anybody knows which file these dialogs are in and could point me to it, I'd be grateful.

Edited by AndreaColombo
  • Hmmm 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Could somebody please confirm the Typo component of the Community Patch is working?

It doesn't seem to work for me.

Easiest way to check is verify whether Priest class descriptions include their favored and disfavored dispositions. If not, then it's not working.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus