You might already have had this in mind, but consider splitting the patch into different packages like the original, something like

Community Patch Addon - Fixes (e.g. Shattered Pillar Lesser Wound fix).
Community Patch Addon - Basic (e.g. Pallegina Five☀️ Penetration buff.)
Community Patch Addon - Extended (e.g. Scroll bonus accuracy.)
Community Patch Addon - Keywords

By the way, small fix to display the dmg/tick for Disintegration, and view the correct total damage after duration modifiers.

{
    "$type": "Game.GameData.StatusEffectGameData, Assembly-CSharp",
    "DebugName": "Disintegration_SE_RawDamage",
    "ID": "50ebdc84-eedc-456d-865d-b8a0be40d966",
    "Components": [
        {
            "$type": "Game.GameData.StatusEffectComponent, Assembly-CSharp",
            "BaseValue": 48,
            "ApplicationType": "ApplyOnTick"
        }
    ]
}

Spoiler

disintegration_new.thumb.png.33e7269cd056e76b6659ef3c3c7cac9e.png

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Noqn said:

Community Patch Addon - Fixes (e.g. Shattered Pillar Lesser Wound fix).
Community Patch Addon - Basic (e.g. Pallegina Five☀️ Penetration buff.)
Community Patch Addon - Extended (e.g. Scroll bonus accuracy.)
Community Patch Addon - Keywords

Of course. It will be slight different though - Community Patch Addon as stanalone mod, CP Keywords need to be overwritten, and some of original files must be deleted to prevent possible mistakes. I'll write installation manual, when Addon will be ready.

1 hour ago, Noqn said:

By the way, small fix to display the dmg/tick for Disintegration, and view the correct total damage after duration modifiers.

Ok, thank you!

Edited by Phenomenum
  • Like 1

A few people encountered bug, when game doesn't read correctly file "gn.stun_reflex_debuff", resulting in black screen on start. Deleting this file may help. And ONLY manual mod installation!
Unfortunately, we didn't understand what causing this bug - file itself is not corrupted and have a proper code without mistakes, and only about 5-10 peoples encountered this bug, while other 1000+  have zero problems.

Edited by Phenomenum

Just now, Phenomenum said:

A few people encountered with bug, when game doesn't red correctly file "gn.stun_reflex_debuff", resulting in black screen on start. Deleting this file may help. And ONLY manual installation!
Unfortunately, we doesn't understand what causing this bug - file itself is not corrupted and have a proper code without mistakes, and only about 5-10 people encountered this bug, while other 1000+  doesn't have any problems.

I just bought the three expansions and the bug went off, everything works fine now.
So i guess it has something to do with that.

• Like 2

UPD. Finished with Carnage highlight. @Boeroer i think i'll be able to add highlight to Clear Out and Whirling Strikes by adding another fake AOE attack. ;)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, hoochymamma said:

I just bought the three expansions and the bug went off, everything works fine now.

Ah, this... Yes, we also received several reports about this on Nexus (questioned with unknown mechanic of this "bug" - in theory game should just ignore excess file records). Anyway, the game is far better with expansions, so you did a right thing. :thumbsup:

Edited by Phenomenum

14 minutes ago, Phenomenum said:

Ah, this... Yes, we also received several reports about this on Nexus (questioned with unknown mechanic of this "bug" - in theory game should just ignore excess file records). Anyway, the game is far better with expansions, so you did a right thing. :thumbsup:

Cheers.
And thank you for all the hard work you are putting into this :)

Spotted wrong attack ID in Pickpocket Cinder bomb ability – used regular attack without bonuses with throw animation. Crap... Every time, when i finding such things, i imagine this game simply didn't tested at all. A bunch of simple stupid mistakes everywhere. :banghead:

Edited by Phenomenum

47 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

Well... the game's rather big and the time is limited. Also QA seems to be the least valued department in most game studios. It's not very flashy.

Sad but true.

On 2/22/2020 at 7:10 PM, Phenomenum said:

Pallegina five suns penetration - 7 > 9.  Ideally i want to clear restrictions for other 2 upgrades for Pallegina.

How do you feel about reworking the Frermas mes Canc Suolias "subclass" by removing the WotFS skill from the ability tree, and instead follow how the others Paladin orders work, by adding an effect to the PL1 ability (instead of having a unique upgrade).

Goldpack Knights gains 4 AR when using Sworn Enemy, and then can choose one of the two upgrades (between Sworn Rival and Brand Enemy). Maybe Pallegina could follow the same pattern, her Sworn Enemy does something extra, and then she can have one of the two upgrades. It keeps her SE at 1 Zeal, the same casting and recovery time.

The effect probably stays the same (5 mini fireballs) but nerfed to account for the 1 Zeal cost.

I wanted to do this from start but this is... technically complicated. I'll keep in mind, but don't want to make any promises.

Edited by Phenomenum
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Boeroer said:

Well... the game's rather big and the time is limited. Also QA seems to be the least valued department in most game studios. It's not very flashy. ;)

The impression I get from a lot of software I used day-to-day at work is that that's true for a fair number of other software developers.

19 minutes ago, Phenomenum said:

but this is... technically complicated

Would it be easier to instead take inspiration from the Steel Garrote order ? I just noticed how shockily close Garrote and WotFS are, number wise : 2 Zeal cost, 0.5 Cast Time, 4 to 4,5 recovery time. 

Steel Garrote order gives a passive (Heals on hit against Afflicted target) and Garrote, so Frermas mès Canc Suolias could follow the same pattern.

Creating a brand new PL0 skill "Wrath of the Five Suns" would allow Pallegina to take vanilla Sworn Enemy + one of the two upgrade, and still have access to an unique skill. This WofFS would shoot the same 5 mini-fireballs, maybe add Blind or whatever if you think that removing the Sworn Enemy effect makes the skill too weak. Add "Vielo Vidorio" as a PL0 passive, that increase Pallegina and her allies action speed by X% after she uses a Fire-KWed skill and tadaa, new Frermas mès Canc Suolias order.

Again, I have 0 experience as modding goes, so no idea if this is even harder to implement or not.

1 hour ago, Heukalyptus said:

Would it be easier to instead take inspiration from the Steel Garrote order ? I just noticed how shockily close Garrote and WotFS are, number wise : 2 Zeal cost, 0.5 Cast Time, 4 to 4,5 recovery time. 

Steel Garrote order gives a passive (Heals on hit against Afflicted target) and Garrote, so Frermas mès Canc Suolias could follow the same pattern.

Creating a brand new PL0 skill "Wrath of the Five Suns" would allow Pallegina to take vanilla Sworn Enemy + one of the two upgrade, and still have access to an unique skill. This WofFS would shoot the same 5 mini-fireballs, maybe add Blind or whatever if you think that removing the Sworn Enemy effect makes the skill too weak. Add "Vielo Vidorio" as a PL0 passive, that increase Pallegina and her allies action speed by X% after she uses a Fire-KWed skill and tadaa, new Frermas mès Canc Suolias order.

Again, I have 0 experience as modding goes, so no idea if this is even harder to implement or not.

It's not about modding, it is about how the data of this very game is structured.

Changing an ability is easy, adding an ability too, but removing an ability or changing it's place in the ability tree is a mess. You have to copy and override the whole tree of a given class which will mess with any other mod doing so...

There might be some ways but I don't know them.

Edited by Elric Galad
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Heukalyptus said:

It's not that easy, as you imagine.
@Elric Galad says everything right. If i find some workaround, i'll consider to give all upgrades to Frermas. If not...

Edited by Phenomenum

Some good news for Pallegina (and my child dream since game release). Need to tweak to avoid too much exploits, but still... nice! Ability was in game since release, but not used (maybe due to possible exploits, maybe because "Balance"). Waiting for suggestions for fine tuning.

dIrSBGf.png

• Like 2

My idea is to make Vidorio more powerful (+50% Burn damage, maybe longer duration and return original -20% Recovery Time etc.), but 2-3 per encounter to avoid Brilliant exploit. We still have base FoD for spam attacks.

Something like this:
3jr1H15.png

5m. AoE radius.
And seems Resolve affect duration (Divine Immolation too). That's bad. Need to avoid it somehow.

Edited by Phenomenum

UPD. Oh, it's not Resolve. Community Patch Lasting Empower currently bugged and applies +20% duration bonus even for incoming non-Empowered effects. Crap... I've tested it only for outcoming effects and never imagine it have that kind of side effects.

I suggest  to delete "gn.lasting_empower" file , until i fix it (if i fix it).

• Like 1
  • Gasp! 1

Man, where's your QA, hehe? ;)

@Vielo: nice thing. I personally think 50% lash AND recovery boost is too much - but on the other hand it's 2 Zeal.

I think I personally would stick to 1 Zeal and would only use the recovery speedup (20% like you said) and replace the original FoD. Too bad AoE size isn't displayed in the tooltip. That's also the case with Shared Flames and some other upgraded abilities who get an addititional AoE of some sorts. And of course you can't see any AoE indicator. I don't expect this to get "fixed", but would it be possible?

• Haha 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

2 hours ago, Boeroer said:

Man, where's your QA, hehe? ;)

@Vielo: nice thing. I personally think 50% lash AND recovery boost is too much - but on the other hand it's 2 Zeal.

For 2 Zeal, 50% Lash, +2PN compared to FoD and 6s Recovery seems fine for 2 zeals.

11 hours ago, Phenomenum said:

but 2-3 per encounter to avoid Brilliant exploit.

2 Times per encounter would not prevent SoT exploit. What do you call Brillant Exploit if it is not with SoT ? Just spamming Brillant ? This is not an exploit for me. How spamming this ability would be an exploit compared to spamming Maelstorm ?

• Thanks 1