Hi there. In the absence of @MaxQuest i decided to continue our work, because CP have some flaws and missed fixes. I don't want to do anything radical, just collect feedback and add some nice things.

Also i'm in aware about @Elric Galad mod development (his Balance Mod designed to work with CP), so we try to keep in touch and not interfere each other.

Current fixes done:

Fury Form of Druid attack - TreatAsWeapon=true (Fury attack now works as weapon)
Pallegina five suns penetration - 7 > 9.  Ideally i want to clear restrictions for other 2 upgrades for Pallegina.
Kalakot's blights - Add Wands proficiency
Shattered Pillar - Wounds trait fix (10 for Lesser Wounds)
Distraction training. -10 Deflection for Attackers on Missed for Pet > +25% Melee weapon resistance for Pet, Disorientation on Miss for Attackers. So natural Misses will be connected to Resistance - it allow to apply debuff more frequently, regardless of foes accuracy + increase pet durability. Connected with +engage slots abilities, pet should effectlively hold the line and debuff up to 3 enemies most of the time.

Keywords done:

Symbol of Berath - Added Decay KW
4 spells Priest of Gaun - Brought back Plant KW
Priest of Wael Confusion - Brought back Illusion KW
Reworked all elemental damage weapons to work properly with elemental enemies: I've added new KW's for every weapon (Shock weapon. Fire weapon, Corrode weapon, Frost weapon) and added the same KW's to druid's elemental talents. So far it' works as intended - now you can hit elemental enemy with physical damage. The initial idea of new keywords was suggested by @Boeroer.

Spoiler

BguKjA0.png

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll be very appreciated for feedback about CP to do a preliminary "Need to fix/improve" list.

My next step is to reduce crazy Megabosses HP pool and i seekeng for help with complete list of elemental weapons and abilities, which can affect on those weapons (including DLC) because i'm afraid to miss something.

Edited by Phenomenum
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Phenomenum said:

Fury Form of Druid attack - TreatAsWeapon=true (Fury attack now works as weapon)

Nice, one thing I can remove from my TO DO list 😄

Pallegina five suns penetration - 7 > 9.  Ideally i want to clear restrictions for other 2 upgrades for Pallegina.

I think you also cleaned the Penetration non scaling problem, aren't you ?
As you know, I went further. But I didn't plan to  clear restrictions for other 2 upgrades for Pallegina.

WotFS adds a recovery and doubles the cost of initial effect. You really have to make it worths it if you don't plan to clean these 2.

Keywords done:

Symbol of Berath - Added Decay KW
4 spells Priest of Gaun - Brought back Plant KW
Priest of Wael Confusion - Brought back Illusion KW
Reworked all elemental damage weapons to work properly with elemental enemies: I've added new KW's for every weapon (Shock weapon. Fire weapon, Corrode weapon, Frost weapon) and added the same KW's to druid's elemental talents. So far it' works as intended - now you can hit elemental enemy with physical damage. The initial idea of new keywords was suggested by @Boeroer.

Good !

Reveal hidden contents

BguKjA0.png

My next step is to reduce crazy Megabosses HP pool and i seekeng for help with complete list of elemental weapons and abilities, which can affect on those weapons (including DLC) because i'm afraid to miss something.

I also though that reducing a bit Doru Resolve (like minus 3) and maybe lowering his Perception Immunity to Resistance would make the fight... more interactive ?

However, I don't think the fight should be easier. Maybe you could give him something to compensate such as some Fire Blight summons. At least Blights would open more possibilities to manage the fight than the current "immovible block of stats". 

43 minutes ago, Elric Galad said:

I think you also cleaned the Penetration non scaling problem, aren't you ?

Yes, but not tested yet.

As for upgrades... it's hardly feasible - we can add new abilities in progress list via standard modding protocol, but can't change existing. We need a cutoff "Mutually exclusive" flag, but need to change original file for that. :(

So i think i'll keep conservative approach and add only a few Penetration + ensure that Pen scaling works correctly. People, who want a more powerful Suns may use your tweaks.

Edited by Phenomenum

22 minutes ago, Phenomenum said:

As for upgrades... it's hardly feasible - we can add new abilities in progress list via standard modding protocol, but can't change existing. We need a cutoff "Mutually exclusive" flag, but need to change original file for that. :(

Well, you can still override the whole Progress Table without modifying the original file, bt it is indeed ugly since you have to copy the whole table. It's ~200 ko override to change anything...

22 minutes ago, Phenomenum said:

So i think i'll keep conservative approach and add only a few Penetration + ensure that Pen scaling works correctly. People, who want a more powerful Suns may use your tweaks.

Ah ah sure. My mod is indeed less conservative.

Finally implemented Carnage AOE highlight. It's a bit dumb – need to add this tweak in every melee weapon attack, but it's only 92 (and i did 10 already), so nothing impossible.

Spoiler

GRNVzhh.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Used in CP in abilities.stringtable, gui.stringtable and statuseffects.stringtable:

20000-20049 – General and Racial
20050-20099 – Barbarian
20100-20149 – Chanter
20150-20199 – Cipher
20200-20249 – Druid
20250-20299 – Fighter
20300-20349 – Monk
20350-20399 – Paladin
20400-20449 – Priest
20450-20499 – Ranger
20500-20549 – Rogue
20550-20599 – Wizard
------------------------------

10001-10200 and 20069-20075 (i now it was stupid but it's too late)  used in Russian loc fix in statuseffects.stringtable

Edited by Phenomenum

10 hours ago, Phenomenum said:

Finally implemented Carnage AOE highlight. It's a bit dumb – need to add this tweak in every melee weapon attack, but it's only 92 (and i did 10 already), so nothing impossible.

Reveal hidden contents

GRNVzhh.png

Excellent ! If I may suggest something, I think there's a similar issue with Clear Out and its upgrades.

48 minutes ago, Elric Galad said:

If I may suggest something, I think there's a similar issue with Clear Out and its upgrades.

I'm listening. What's the deal about Clear Out?

It also has no AoE indicator (cone shaped indicator). The upgrades don't have the line indicator (Clear the Path) or circle indicator (Clean Sweep).

Iirc Whirling Strikes (Ranger PL 8 ) also has no AoE indicator...?

Edited by Boeroer
  • Thanks 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

15 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

It also has no AoE indicator (cone shaped indicator). The upgrades don't have the line indicator (Clear the Path) or circle indicator (Clean Sweep).

Iirc Whirling Strikes (Ranger PL 8 ) also has no AoE indicator...?

I get it. I'll take a look later.

Edited by Phenomenum

@Boeroer One more thing: Firebrand and Sunlance have a Burn/Pierce damage. Technically, they must deal Pierce damage to Fire enemies, but lorewise it's a pure elemental weapons and can't damage Fire enemies. What do you think?

1. Leave it as is.
2. Add new KW (can deal Pierce dmg to elemental foes)
3. Add new KW and remove Pierce dmg.

:shrugz:

Edited by Phenomenum

1 minute ago, Boeroer said:

Since Firebrand is just a shadow of its former PoE glory

Yeah, i remember my PoE 1 Rogue with Firebrand - massacre!

• Like 1

@Boeroer @Elric Galad One more thing. As you can see, now I'm in search for various QoL improvements, and i noticed that various Potions have a various Recovery Time - some of them have 3 sec., some 4, some have instant Recovery. I think this is not right - no matter what in your bottle, it's the same action. I don't know if there some math behind this Obsidian desicion, but...

Do you want the same Recovery for all potions? If you do, then suggest duration: Instant, 1, 2, 3 sec...

18 minutes ago, Phenomenum said:

no matter what in your bottle, it's the same action.

Perhaps some potions taste so disgusting, it takes the drinker a moment to recover 😄

Is there any discernible balance reason behind the differences as far as you can tell? Do longer recovery times correlate with more powerful potions for example?

Spoiler

Potion_of_ascension_Attack - 3 sec
Potion_of_cleansing_purge_Attack - 3 sec
Potion_of_deftness_Attack - 3 sec
Potion_of_elemental_defense_Attack - 4 sec
Potion_of_impediment_Attack - 4 sec
Potion_of_imperfect_arcane_reflection_Attack - 4 sec
Potion_of_improved_arcane_reflection_Attack - 4 sec
Potion_of_insubstantial_form_Attack - 4 sec
Potion_of_invisibility_Attack - 0 sec
Potion_of_ironskin_Attack - 4 sec
Potion_of_major_healing_Attack - 4 sec
Potion_of_major_recovery_Attack - 4 sec
Potion_of_mental_prowess_Attack - 4 sec
Potion_of_merciless_gaze_Attack - 4 sec
Potion_of_minor_healing_Attack - 4 sec
Potion_of_miraculous_healing_Attack - 4 sec
Potion_of_moderate_healing_Attack - 4 sec
Potion_of_perfect_aim_Attack - 4 sec
Potion_of_physical_prowess_Attack - 4 sec
Potion_of_piercing_strikes_Attack - 4 sec
Potion_of_refuge_Attack - 4 sec
Potion_of_relentless_striking_Attack - 4 sec
Potion_of_spatial_alacrity_Attack - 4 sec
Potion_of_spirit_shield_Attack - 4 sec
Potion_of_superior_elemental_defense_Attack - 4 sec
Potion_of_the_attuned_self_Attack - 4 sec
Potion_of_the_fearsome_brute_Attack - 4 sec
Potion_of_the_final_stand_Attack - 4 sec
Potion_of_the_focused_mind_Attack - 4 sec
Potion_of_the_resilient_body_Attack - 4 sec
Potion_of_Fleet_Feet_L1 - 4 sec
Potion_of_ryngrims_repulsive_visage_PulseAoE - 4 sec
Potion_of_impediment_InterruptAttack - 4 sec

So after closer look, most Potions have 4 sec base Recovery.  Four potions are different. Can't say about the reasons (only Potion of Invinsibility 0 Recovery makes sense). I'd like to have 2-3 sec. for all and extend duration of Potion of Invincibility to compensate Recovery (though at least you can move during Recovery phase).

Edited by Phenomenum

Also another thing bothers me – Scrolls accuracy. We all know, that consumable Accuracy don't take Perception bonus in account, and it's hard-coded.
The thing is:
Explosives receive +1PL for each point = +1 Accuracy for each point
Scrolls gets only +0.5 PL for each Arcana point = 0.5 Accuracy for each point

I the end, 20 Explosives points gives +20 Accuracy for bombs, 20 Arcana points gives only +10 Accuracy for scrolls. What a shame. I've tried to add dynamic Acc bonus for Arcana, but without success. We also get minor Accuracy bonus for scrolls with some keywords PL, but still...

So i'd like to suggest to add +5 Accuracy for all scrolls.

Edited by Phenomenum

11 hours ago, Phenomenum said:

@Boeroer @Elric Galad One more thing. As you can see, now I'm in search for various QoL improvements, and i noticed that various Potions have a various Recovery Time - some of them have 3 sec., some 4, some have instant Recovery. I think this is not right - no matter what in your bottle, it's the same action. I don't know if there some math behind this Obsidian desicion, but...

Do you want the same Recovery for all potions? If you do, then suggest duration: Instant, 1, 2, 3 sec...

Honnestly I don't know
Spells have different recovery, so why not potions ?

Invisibility seems the biggest exception and I can understand why it is like this (even if it could be unintended). It doens't strike me as something especially important to change. There might be balance changes to make about Consumables, but more about specific potions.  

8 hours ago, Phenomenum said:

So i'd like to suggest to add +5 Accuracy for all scrolls.

Well, not sure either.

I would be tempted to add +5 Acc to all consumables to compensate for absence of Perception, but the fact that Poison and Arcana gets only half of the bonus could be because they are stronger and/or more versatile.

It's not like if everybody used explosives because they are OP...

• Thanks 1

Elemental weapons changed:

Sun and Moon
Grave Calling
Frostseeker
Frostfall (DLC)
Frostfall Shattering Head enchantment attack
Dragons Dowry
Sunlance
Fire Stag Horns melee attack
Firebrand
Essense Interrupter
Thundercrack Pistol

Druid abilities Scion of Flame, Heart of the Storm, Secrets of Rime, Spirit of Decay seems the only, which affect on weapons.

WARN ME IF I MISSED SOMETHING!

2 hours ago, Elric Galad said:

Well, not sure either.

2 hours ago, Elric Galad said:

Honnestly I don't know

Your opinion was noted, little Watcher.  :grin:

• Like 1

On 2/22/2020 at 7:10 PM, Phenomenum said:

Kalakot's blights - Add Wands proficiency

IIRC from another thread, Caedebald's Black Bow also lacks the Bow proficiency.

Also, subbing thread. Keep up the good work :)

• Thanks 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

1 hour ago, AndreaColombo said:

Caedebald's Black Bow also lacks the Bow proficiency.

Oh, greetings, Andrea! And thank you - great find!

UPD. Just looked into data files - Caedebald's Black Bow is already have WarBow proficiency in vanilla. Maybe it's just don't work? Need to check in game.

Edited by Phenomenum
  • Like 1