There is a thing among stats which is called "Will". It pretty much sucks because many of my abilities needs to tackle that.. "Will" thing to even work.

SO.. how can I deubuff enemies "will" stat? Maybe it is a "noob"  question, but if someone could help me with these game mecahnics, because I just really dont get it.

Also, how can I improve my summons? I mean my summonded Drake does piss poor damage and then vanishes after 25 seconds. In my experience enchanters really suck asses because thats all they can do really 😕

EDIT: I am lvl 16 Harbinger and on the icy island getting wrecked by that Messenger, did he got patched or something becaue too many tryhards were bitching about too easy fights? Well, ef you then..

Edited by Daudastund

18 minutes ago, Daudastund said:

There is a thing among stats which is called "Will". It pretty much sucks because many of my abilities needs to tackle that.. "Will" thing to even work.

SO.. how can I deubuff enemies "will" stat? Maybe it is a "noob"  question, but if someone could help me with these game mecahnics, because I just really dont get it.

Also, how can I improve my summons? I mean my summonded Drake does piss poor damage and then vanishes after 25 seconds. In my experience enchanters really suck asses because thats all they can do really 😕

EDIT: I am lvl 16 Harbinger and on the icy island getting wrecked by that Messenger, did he got patched or something becaue too many tryhards were bitching about too easy fights? Well, ef you then..

In game, if you go where you have all your quests, you have tutorials for the basics and encyclopedia for anything which concern affliction effect, and which spells do intel/will/dext/perception ... affliction... If you are on PS4 press L2 -> on the right of the wheel (at 2 o'clok) the log/journal/don't know the real name in english, click it, then L2/R2 to navigate in this menu

Edited by fced

Pillars of Eternity PS4 - RPG fan - Native language French, so please forgive my poor English speaking ...

33 minutes ago, Daudastund said:

SO.. how can I deubuff enemies "will" stat?

My favorite way is the club modal. It reduces will by 25 for 10 seconds, and unlike many other ways of lowering will, it does not require you to beat their will save to begin with.

If you have a cipher, two great spells are Psychovampiric Shield and Borrowed Instinct. PS is -10 resolve, which not only is reduced will but also increased debuff duration (and hey, reduced deflection so it's easier to land the club modal). Borrowed Instinct gives the cipher a big chunk of accuracy, and you can use it on any little ****noob target you can find. You can use it on a sigil or a damn barrel 😛 then you'll have +20 accuracy for trying to land PS or for trying to use BI on the target you actually want to mess up, because hey, BI is -8 int for the target which is, you guessed it, reduced will...

On top of this, ciphers have a passive available to them (late, but available) that grants them +10 accuracy for will attacks. Power level 6: The Empty Soul.

A case could be made for Tenuous Grasp, but I much prefer PS, and they don't combine all that well (I'm guessing because most enemies don't have 15 resolve for you to take away). The main problem with TG is that it applies two t1 afflictions, so resistance is very effective against it. But, resistance to resolve afflictions does nothing against PS.

There's also https://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/The_Willbreaker for... breaking opponents' will, as you might have guessed.

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

Debuff Will with either a spell (for example Miasma of Dull-Mindedness lowers Will by 40 points), apply an Intellect-affliction (Confused/Charmed/Dominated: -10 Will points - for example Cipher's mind controls) and/or a Resolve-affliction (Shaken/Frightened/Terrified: -10 Will points - for example Barbarian's yells) and/or with weapons (all clubs with activated modal: -25 points; Willbreaker Morning Star: -3 per hit).

Best is to first hit them with a club and then cast Miasma, followed by a fear effect (like Ryngrim's Repulsive Visage and such). There shouldn't be much Will left after that.

"I hit him with a club: he left no will after that..." ;)

Edited by Boeroer
  • Haha 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

57 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

Debuff Will with either a spell (for example Miasma of Dull-Mindedness lowers Will by 40 points), apply an Intellect-affliction (Confused/Charmed/Dominated: -10 Will points - for example Cipher's mind controls) and/or a Resolve-affliction (Shaken/Frightened/Terrified: -10 Will points - for example Barbarian's yells) and/or with weapons (all clubs with activated modal: -25 points; Willbreaker Morning Star: -3 per hit).

Best is to first hit them with a club and then cast Miasma, followed by a fear effect (like Ryngrim's Repulsive Visage and such). There shouldn't be much Will left after that.

"I hit him with a club: he left no will after that..." ;)

rats.. what kept from chossing Miasma was the fact that it also requires a Will check. SO to say I need to bypass a Will check to debuff Will, how obnoxious! The club proficiency was completely under my radar. I havent found a single decent club the whole game, only Sabers. Also there is a lack of unique Rapiers for the party I run. 😕

Well, I am stuck at the Messenger fight, and I read that the Enchanter has a pl 2 phrase which trivialize the fight, because it negates the ridiculous concentration on that thing, is that right?

Edited by Daudastund

Check out "Kapana Taga" - it's the best club in the game. But the very first unique eone you can buy ("Shattered Vengeance") is also not bad. However - every club lowers Will by 25 points with the modal, so it doesn't really matter which one as long as you can hit with it. 

There are a few spells that lower Will but target another defense. For example Ryngrim's Repulsive Visage targets Fortitude and lowers both Fortitude (-10 points) and Will (-10 points).
Also Barbs of Condemnation (Priest, lowers all defenses by 10, targets Fortitude). Don't know which else from the top of my head. 

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

On 2/20/2020 at 1:39 PM, Daudastund said:

rats.. what kept from chossing Miasma was the fact that it also requires a Will check. SO to say I need to bypass a Will check to debuff Will, how obnoxious! The club proficiency was completely under my radar. I havent found a single decent club the whole game, only Sabers. Also there is a lack of unique Rapiers for the party I run. 😕

Well, I am stuck at the Messenger fight, and I read that the Enchanter has a pl 2 phrase which trivialize the fight, because it negates the ridiculous concentration on that thing, is that right?

Want to negate concentration, get a crossbow with the crossbow weapon skill, each time you hit, you kickback your target, after some hit the target have no more concentration and get kicked on each hit... A small crossbow could to the same but less violently. Also if you are a wizard the Summoned bow is terrible, it inflict terror each time you hit or 90% of the time, under terror enemies don't attack when it is their turn.

Pillars of Eternity PS4 - RPG fan - Native language French, so please forgive my poor English speaking ...